By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U didn't meet our expectations. Is it a flop?

Is the Wii U a flop?

Yes 64 19.45%

No, it's a MAJOR flop. 50 15.20%

other 214 65.05%

Total:328
tbone51 said:

forgot thats a bad word! Not really knowing all this! I like how the poll says yes and no its a major flop. Crazy stuff Not giving an answer of not a flop but instead other.

'MAJOR flop' and 'we need to talk' are codes for joke-threads, so don't get banned because of taking that too serious.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

But according to some, Wii U sold exactly what it shipped.

Do we need to talk about this?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Mnementh said:
tbone51 said:

forgot thats a bad word! Not really knowing all this! I like how the poll says yes and no its a major flop. Crazy stuff Not giving an answer of not a flop but instead other.

'MAJOR flop' and 'we need to talk' are codes for joke-threads, so don't get banned because of taking that too serious.

I honestly didn't kno thats a bad thing! I here people calling me a fanboy all the time??? Oh well lesson learned!

Is it a flop if it recovers down the road? Because going by the time from launch to 1 1/2 months since to judge the console, then using that reasoning, the PS3 is a flop.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Wii U major Success! How because I predicted it'll sell 1.4mil!!! So kudos to NINTENDO!

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

The Wii U was sold out for maybe a week or two.  Beyond that, it's been relatively easy to find.

hatmoza said:

On TV Reggie told me the WiiU sold out once it hit stores.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

hatmoza said:

I'm pretty sure only the most hardcore Nintendo fans said the Wii U was going to be sold out...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Do we REALLY need to have this thread. This thread stinks of troll bait.

Jay520 said:

Wow, I realized looking at that table, that nobody came even near the real sales of the Vita. 100% expected the Vita to perform better than it did. The lowest prediction is 6m. Well, I think prediciting stuff is hard and Pachter might not be alone with wrong predictions.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]