By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will sell under 7m in 2013

Thoughts?

No chance. The Wii U will... 415 53.34%

I agree, the Wii U will s... 363 46.66%

Total:778
attaboy said:
My GF is currently on her lunch break, breaking her neck trying to buy a Wii U for her 7 year old son before they sell out. "It comes with TWO games for $299!", she said. Nothing I say will convince her that this is not some great deal that she has to act on right this minute. Apparently, she knows something we don't.

For serious?

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
attaboy said:
My GF is currently on her lunch break, breaking her neck trying to buy a Wii U for her 7 year old son before they sell out. "It comes with TWO games for $299!", she said. Nothing I say will convince her that this is not some great deal that she has to act on right this minute. Apparently, she knows something we don't.

For serious?

Dead serious.  I'm trying to tell her that video games are "my thing" but she is convinced that this is some sort of huge deal.  I told her that I got my Wii U last year when it first came out and it didn't even sell out then!  I said everybody is going to be trying to buy the PS4 and Xbox One so there will be plenty of Wii U's to go around.  Doesn't matter.  She's heading to Toys R Us now to get one.

Her kid loved Lego City Undercover on my Wii U and she liked TVii (The Walking Dead) so she wants a Wii U.  I just don't understand the sense of urgency she's displaying right now.

*edit* same GF from this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5692470

damn, this prediction sounded pretty bad when it was made. ...but now MBP could change his prediction to LTD 7M shipped and still have a fighting chance to win. crazy.

I agree, sadly. I really love playing on it though, more so than my PS3.
I think people will be underwhelmed by the effect the upcoming games will have on sales of the console. Mario 3D World will sell very well and move hardware, but the mini game collections are going to bomb and I don't see Wii Fit U selling all that much. Non-exclusive games aren't going to move any hardware.

Pavolink said:
Pavolink said:

I actually will call Nintendo "crazy" if they let this happens.

You f***ing idiots Nintendoh!

lol, a man with follow through!!

Around the Network
mjo011 said:
I think people will be underwhelmed by the effect the upcoming games will have on sales of the console. Mario 3D World will sell very well and move hardware, but the mini game collections are going to bomb and I don't see Wii Fit U selling all that much. Non-exclusive games aren't going to move any hardware.

I totally agree with you.  And like you, the Wii U pretty much dominates my gaming time.  It's great but Nintendo has made virtually no effort to get the word out to the mainstream.  And I don't think party/fitness games are going to be what saves it.  People fell for that "I'm going to lose 100lbs. playing Wii" crap once.  They won't fall for it again.  In fact, I think you may be me.  What number are you thinking of righ now?

attaboy said:
mjo011 said:

I totally agree with you.  And like you, the Wii U pretty much dominates my gaming time.  It's great but Nintendo has made virtually no effort to get the word out to the mainstream.  And I don't think party/fitness games are going to be what saves it.  People fell for that "I'm going to lose 100lbs. playing Wii" crap once.  They won't fall for it again.  In fact, I think you may be me.  What number are you thinking of righ now?

I have no idea how well consoles usually sell during the holidays in the various regions, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if total sales are above 6 - 6,5 million at the end of December.

attaboy said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
attaboy said:

For serious?

Dead serious.  I'm trying to tell her that video games are "my thing" but she is convinced that this is some sort of huge deal.  I told her that I got my Wii U last year when it first came out and it didn't even sell out then!  I said everybody is going to be trying to buy the PS4 and Xbox One so there will be plenty of Wii U's to go around.  Doesn't matter.  She's heading to Toys R Us now to get one.

Her kid loved Lego City Undercover on my Wii U and she liked TVii (The Walking Dead) so she wants a Wii U.  I just don't understand the sense of urgency she's displaying right now.

*edit* same GF from this post: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5692470

LOL, girls are so lovely when they become games enthusiasts while staying so naïve about them.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

pezus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
bananaking21 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
You will bump this thread until around September when it's proven wrong. Then everyone else will bump it to laugh at you.

lol.  Of course you had to quote me you punk, lol.  

It was still a bad prediction though.  It's like if a fan of lousy sports team predicts a win over a superior opponent and the team pulls of the upset.  The prediction wasn't right because of knowledge, but because of blind faith.

So Wii U has sold 1,563,000 so far.  5,437,000 units to go...   If Wii U can double its launch year Christmas performance (which is typical of most hardware), it could actually make it.

Come on...it wasn't a bad prediction at all, because Nintendo had announced almost nothing for WiiU at the time. 

And you seriously can't believe that last line of yours...THAT's what I call a bad prediction.

My last line isn't a prediction, it's a statement.  I'm just stating that it's not a certainly that Wii U won't hit 7 million.  It's likely that it won't hit 7, but not certain.

attaboy said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
attaboy said:

For serious?

Cool, it would be great if the new bundles and price do grab casual interest.