By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon in 2013

KHlover said:
AlphaCielago said:
KHlover said:
FaintZ said:
2D sprites using the 3D effects would be awesome ! (and obvious... ;p )

It might sound strange, but I think Nintendo should go 3D on the 3DS (I'm satisfied if the Pokemon look a bit better than in Gale of Darkness) and do a 2D Pokemon on the WiiU. After the Rayman Legends demo I have fallen in love with 2D games in 1080p.

How do you mean? Would you like to have a sprite based game on the Wii U? Because Rayman Legends is technically a 3D game that uses a 2D enviroment. I don't know how it would work, depending if you mean that the Wii U should make use of the same format as Pokémon in the handhelds, but in polygons.

Rayman Legends is a 3D game? I always thought it was just multiple layers of 2D. But yeah, I'd envision the handheld format with crystal clear sprites and improved background, animations and everything in FullHD on the WiiU.

My bad then. I have not followed the Rayman series in a long while, so I just assumed. Nonetheless, it's an neat idea, I would not mind it being like that. Sadly I don't see it happening, well the sprite part at least. I think it's more likely that it's going to be polygons.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
KHlover said:
AlphaCielago said:
KHlover said:
FaintZ said:

It might sound strange, but I think Nintendo should go 3D on the 3DS (I'm satisfied if the Pokemon look a bit better than in Gale of Darkness) and do a 2D Pokemon on the WiiU. After the Rayman Legends demo I have fallen in love with 2D games in 1080p.

How do you mean? Would you like to have a sprite based game on the Wii U? Because Rayman Legends is technically a 3D game that uses a 2D enviroment. I don't know how it would work, depending if you mean that the Wii U should make use of the same format as Pokémon in the handhelds, but in polygons.

Rayman Legends is a 3D game? I always thought it was just multiple layers of 2D. But yeah, I'd envision the handheld format with crystal clear sprites and improved background, animations and everything in FullHD on the WiiU.

It's a mix of both. Legends is is mostly 2D but you see 3D objects overlaid too into the background environment.  They have a low polygon count, but have superb animation and are sympathetically lit which allows them to fit in well with the 2D elements.  There is also 3D lightmap dynamically overlaid onto the environments.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
KHlover said:
AlphaCielago said:
KHlover said:
FaintZ said:

It's a mix of both. Legends is is mostly 2D but you see 3D objects overlaid too into the background environment.  They have a low polygon count, but have superb animation and are sympathetically lit which allows them to fit in well with the 2D elements.  There is also 3D lightmap dynamically overlaid onto the environments.

Good to know. Maybe that's why the game looks soo gorgeous^^

miz1q2w3e said:

I LOVED the B&W gen and there's nothing you can do about it! :D

But your personal opinion is wroooong :(

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I LOVED the B&W gen and there's nothing you can do about it! :D

But your personal opinion is wroooong :(

That opinion is wrong :D

Around the Network

I just want another Pokemon Stadium. Exactly the type of stuff we saw on the N64. That game excited the hell outta me.

I hope it isn't Gen VI, it will be too soon after BW2. Maybe another Pokemon Stadium? I love that game.

I'm fine with anything as long as the models from the Pokemon index on the 3DS are used, I'm kind of tired of sprites.

Some people actually don't want the pokemon to look like they do in the pokedex?