By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Look fine to me. Alot of the negative 3D pokemon impressions may stem from the fact the N64 models are still being used today.

Around the Network

What does it mean??!!!!!

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

The 3D models in the Pokedex app on 3DS look great in my opinion. The animations were nice and that thing was free. I doubt it'd be that hard to fully animate at least one gen of Pokemon.

I'm more concerned with how they're going to be able to keep including ALL the Pokemon from previous gens. I wouldn't really mind if they didn't, B&W was great without all those older ones.

I also like 3D models in Pokémon. I never saw a problem with and It's also time to shift. It has been 16 years(?), so why the hell not?
I think that Mystery Dungeon was made as a test for the upcomming Pokémon game, whetever it's a new gen or a remake of gen 3. They would not have released Pokédex 3D if they were not making something major.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

miz1q2w3e said:
The 3D models in the Pokedex app on 3DS look great in my opinion. The animations were nice and that thing was free. I doubt it'd be that hard to fully animate at least one gen of Pokemon.

I'm more concerned with how they're going to be able to keep including ALL the Pokemon from previous gens. I wouldn't really mind if they didn't, B&W was great without all those older ones.

Blasphemy

Old Legendaries > New Legendaries

Old Starters > New Starters

Old Everything except Jynx > New Everything except that squirrel pikachu thing.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

2D sprites using the 3D effects would be awesome ! (and obvious... ;p )

KungKras said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Blasphemy

Old Legendaries > New Legendaries

Old Starters > New Starters

Old Everything except Jynx > New Everything except that squirrel pikachu thing.

I LOVED the B&W gen and there's nothing you can do about it! :D

FaintZ said:

It might sound strange, but I think Nintendo should go 3D on the 3DS (I'm satisfied if the Pokemon look a bit better than in Gale of Darkness) and do a 2D Pokemon on the WiiU. After the Rayman Legends demo I have fallen in love with 2D games in 1080p.

KHlover said:
FaintZ said:

It might sound strange, but I think Nintendo should go 3D on the 3DS (I'm satisfied if the Pokemon look a bit better than in Gale of Darkness) and do a 2D Pokemon on the WiiU. After the Rayman Legends demo I have fallen in love with 2D games in 1080p.

How do you mean? Would you like to have a sprite based game on the Wii U? Because Rayman Legends is technically a 3D game that uses a 2D enviroment. I don't know how it would work, depending if you mean that the Wii U should make use of the same format as Pokémon in the handhelds, but in polygons.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
KHlover said:
FaintZ said:

How do you mean? Would you like to have a sprite based game on the Wii U? Because Rayman Legends is technically a 3D game that uses a 2D enviroment. I don't know how it would work, depending if you mean that the Wii U should make use of the same format as Pokémon in the handhelds, but in polygons.

Rayman Legends is a 3D game? I always thought it was just multiple layers of 2D. But yeah, I'd envision the handheld format with crystal clear sprites and improved background, animations and everything in FullHD on the WiiU.