By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do people really think Pokemon look terrible in 3D? I never had any problem with Pokemon Snap or the Pokemon stadium iterations...

I just think that a 3D Pokemon game would require a !@*@#ton of animation for all the different pokemon and their moves... Maybe they can do one with just gen 1, lol.

Around the Network

No no no, just no. You can tell from the previous generation transitions that a new generation takes about 5 years at the very least to come out from the previous. It would be stupid of them to release a new gen this early before most people got acquainted with the current gen pokemon.

What I personally think (and hope) is that this will be a pokemon game that will span all 5 regions and have all the pokemon in game to be captured and not have to be imported. I think with the power of the 3DS they can do this no problem. I doubt it'll be a HD 3D pokemon game either because pokemon was always meant to be a handheld experience as envisioned by the developers. I doubt they would change that, but a game where you can have a journey across all the regions backed up by an awesome story would be an amazing feat.

game freak has said they will always use sprites

fine by me

UltimateUnknown said:
No no no, just no. You can tell from the previous generation transitions that a new generation takes about 5 years at the very least to come out from the previous. It would be stupid of them to release a new gen this early before most people got acquainted with the current gen pokemon.

What I personally think (and hope) is that this will be a pokemon game that will span all 5 regions and have all the pokemon in game to be captured and not have to be imported. I think with the power of the 3DS they can do this no problem. I doubt it'll be a HD 3D pokemon game either because pokemon was always meant to be a handheld experience as envisioned by the developers. I doubt they would change that, but a game where you can have a journey across all the regions backed up by an awesome story would be an amazing feat.

The anime is done with the Unova League, yet they are doing the B2/W2 arch that features N. Plus they've already unveiled Genesect, so there is nothing new they can do unless with a new generation. So next year will be the start of one. It was stated before that Gen V is the shortest because of having 2 generations on the NDS. Next it'll be on the 3DS. Why do you think we got the 3D PokeDex Pro? They are moving on.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
UltimateUnknown said:

The anime is done with the Unova League, yet they are doing the B2/W2 arch that features N. Plus they've already unveiled Genesect, so there is nothing new they can do unless with a new generation. So next year will be the start of one. It was stated before that Gen V is the shortest because of having 2 generations on the NDS. Next it'll be on the 3DS. Why do you think we got the 3D PokeDex Pro? They are moving on.

If you remember they introduced the Battle Frontier arc to bridge the gap between gen 3 and gen 4 because the anime ended much earlier before the 4th generation was going to come out. So that makes no difference.

As for the games themselves, this is normally the year where they do a remake of a previous gen to flush out all the pokemon so far completely. We could get  a RBE remake, but I think that seeing their comments of evolving pokemon I think they are going to do something big. So a game where you can go to all regions would be a possibility on the 3DS with its increased hardware capability.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:

Actually as someone already mentioned. Average new gen takes less than 4 years and they actually transitioned once in only 3 years. It is very possible that this will be the next generation of pokemon, 3 years after black and white came out.

They aren't going to do some all encompassing pokemon game. Gamefreak didn't make multiple pokemon versions due to hardware limitations. They did it to sell more games. And that isn't going to change any time soon.

i think a pokemon 3d game would be fine, i would like them to change the battles to make them more dynamic so you could win with almost any pokemon , as long you had a good strategy , like in the show
but then i would loose all the strategies i have with the current gameplay :(

blackstarr said:
Do people really think Pokemon look terrible in 3D? I never had any problem with Pokemon Snap or the Pokemon stadium iterations...

I just think that a 3D Pokemon game would require a !@*@#ton of animation for all the different pokemon and their moves... Maybe they can do one with just gen 1, lol.

I haaaaate pokemon stadium.  I love sprites and the over top view while walking.

I think they would look just fine in full 3D

maybe a wii u rpg :*(

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.