By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Crysis 3 console gameplay. Looks to be 360 in this instance.

selnor said:
coolguy said:
Crysis 2 looked bad on the ps3 killzone 2 and 3 blew it out of the water

Reallyy??? Wow I didnt know it was that bad. I only played te 360 version and thats right up theree with KZ3. Nieter beat Halo 4 thoug. Thats connsole king for now. It looks though that Crysis 3 will topple that.

Really? Halo 4's pic/gifs looked more impressive than the actual game to be honest :/

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
zarx said:
007BondAgent said:

Can you you tell me one thing, which version of crysis 3 are you showing?

what do you mean?

Which platform? PC/PS3 or 360?

which screens? The offline renders? Or the the screen from the video in the OP that some seem to think is 360 (and you thought was CGI) but is almost certainly PC footage? And what does that have to do with the discussion at hand, in which you belive that the footage shown looks worse than GTA V?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
007BondAgent said:
zarx said:
007BondAgent said:

Can you you tell me one thing, which version of crysis 3 are you showing?

what do you mean?

Which platform? PC/PS3 or 360?

which screens? The offline renders? Or the the screen from the video in the OP that some seem to think is 360 (and you thought was CGI) but is almost certainly PC footage? And what does that have to do with the discussion at hand, in which you belive that the footage shown looks worse than GTA V?

It's easier to make a linear game pretty then it is to make an open world game pretty

Plus

Find a crysis 3 screenshot that compares to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJAwKK74o_8

selnor said:
Badassbab said:

We don't know if this is 360 footage but if it is then looks pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRqQDfmQaM <<<< Apparently that's 360 footage right there. But I'm adopting a wait and see policy. Crysis 2 was far too ambitious on current gen with dodgy AA, pop ins and crappy frame rates. Killzone 2 & especially 3 are still FPS technical accomplishment kings overall though one could argue Halo 4 is better looking in some ways but that's mostly due to art direction.

Risking  a war.............

Digital Foundry claim that from there technical analysis Halo 4 >>> KZ3. As thats the only reeal site doing technical tests we really have to go with that from a tech point of view. They claim its arueably the best on  console so far alongside UC3 and GOW3. They rate GOW3 and UC3 also technicaly better than KZ3.

I think you can only say KZ3 is better artistically as an opinion. BUt technically alo 4 is better accordin to their analysis. so thats more fact.

KZ3 is the best graphics on consoles.

This is how the game looks in online. Uncharted3 or other games can't be even compared which looks too inferior in online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJAwKK74o_8

People don't rate KZ3 so much because of its location, colors.

Eurogamer do their face-off and other articles for hits everyone knows that. If people cared so much they would go to other sites where they talk about PC gfx and high end video cards.

Crysis3 looks great, but the gun looks so big, FOV is so ugly. Otherwise it looks beautiful. Have to wait and see when it releases.

007BondAgent said:

It's easier to make a linear game pretty then it is to make an open world game pretty

Plus

Find a crysis 3 screenshot that compares to this 

Yes everyone knows that, you still posted that GTA V looked better on top of being open world... That is what I was argueing with.

And the level of detail in that screen is not even close. Textures lack detail and character models outside of the head look quite poor. Graphically it's not even in the same league. Your appreciation for the art style notwithstanding.

As you say an open world game is not going to look better than a linear one, or even a semi open game like Crysis 3. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
looks really really good. Now show me a 7 years old PC that can run this game.

A 7 year old PC can run Crysis 2 just fine, albeit with massively reduced quality settings, Crysis 3 won't be that much demanding that tweaking couldn't fix.
However, you don't buy a AAA game to run it worst than a console, it's the leading edge in terms of graphical fidelity, why settle for anything less than at max?
Sure it's not cheap, but it's well worth it.
For instance, show me a console that can run this at 5760x1080 or higher with 8x AA/AF with everything on max.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

kowenicki said:
Pjams said:
selnor said:
Pjams said:
selnor said:

Really impresed with the graphics and gameplay. Seems to be missing some of the previous PC footage textures and lighting. But still utterly beautiful.

Oh shit, last time you showed up you were ranting and raving about smart glass, the only one that wasn't aware of the idiotic argument was you. Then again, commercials and product placement exist for a reason.

At least you joined the masses on this one, genius 

(And update your fucking avatar, can't even get that right)

Wait what? 

PM wit your answer. No need to derail a thread for no reason. I wont report you this time.

report me, go fuck yourself

I got nothing but disdain for you, a mindless parrot repeating whatever bullshit gets fed to you - I ususally reserve such animosity for religious fucks, but fanboys get equal treatment

How about giving us a critical opinion? Are you too simple for that? 

fucking brainwashed monkey

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

*looks up* Someone needs some Christmas cheer. :3

-Smeags

How the hell is this not a ban.  Speechless.  

Jesus!

I'm truly impress by the beauty of the graphics... It looks even more real than reality.

selnor said:
Badassbab said:

We don't know if this is 360 footage but if it is then looks pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRqQDfmQaM <<<< Apparently that's 360 footage right there. But I'm adopting a wait and see policy. Crysis 2 was far too ambitious on current gen with dodgy AA, pop ins and crappy frame rates. Killzone 2 & especially 3 are still FPS technical accomplishment kings overall though one could argue Halo 4 is better looking in some ways but that's mostly due to art direction.

Risking  a war.............

Digital Foundry claim that from there technical analysis Halo 4 >>> KZ3. As thats the only reeal site doing technical tests we really have to go with that from a tech point of view. They claim its arueably the best on  console so far alongside UC3 and GOW3. They rate GOW3 and UC3 also technicaly better than KZ3.

I think you can only say KZ3 is better artistically as an opinion. BUt technically alo 4 is better accordin to their analysis. so thats more fact.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-killzone-3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-halo-4

DF never said that and I'm a regular at Eurogamer. Sticking to just FPS, KZ3 as a whole is easily the most technically demanding. Just look at the at the later levels with the amount of stuff happening at the same time. There's nothing in any Halo game that can compete with that. The thing Halo has over Killzone is the sandboxy level design, loads of full res alpha effects, light sourcing for weapons i.e light source for every Convenant particle fired and controller lag  (Killzone uses quater res alpha, smaller play areas and slower controller response). In fact both Halo Reach and Killzone 2 pushed each of their respective consoles very hard to the point where they made great advances in the engines for the sequels they also had to make some obvious cut backs. For Killzone 3 they cut back on the post processing and weapon particle effects and for Halo 4 they got rid of SSAO and motion blur as well as draw down the light sourcing.

Check out 5.40 onwards with the Mawler in the background wrecking havoc. There's nothing in a Halo game to compare from an audio visual perspective. Just so much going on explosions, particle effects, smoke density, lighting...and KZ3 does this at a very solid 720p/30fps/triple buffering and MLAA. I understand the play area is small compared to Halo games and the alpha explosions are low res with sometimes dodgy animation but even taking that into account it's still unbelievable.