By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Crysis 3 console gameplay. Looks to be 360 in this instance.

It could just be console setting with a controller running on PC too :P wouldn't be the first time they did something like that, I did notice heavy FPS drop at the end though.

Around the Network

Tbh, it doesn't look that impressive, gta 5 looks better and that game is open world, and the ps3 version was shown.

dahuman said:
It could just be console setting with a controller running on PC too :P wouldn't be the first time they did something like that, I did notice heavy FPS drop at the end though.

That is how they did most of their pre release "console" footage of Crysis 2 lol. Remember that time they were giving that presentation and after the guy said it was 360 footage it crashed to (windows) desktop.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

007BondAgent said:
Tbh, it doesn't look that impressive, gta 5 looks better and that game is open world, and the ps3 version was shown.

So you are saying that this

looks better than this to you?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

This thread is getting funnier by the minute, and not in a good sense.

Around the Network
zarx said:
007BondAgent said:

So you are saying that this

looks better than this to you?

An open world game vs a linear shooter shouldn't be compared, and the fact that gta 5 get's close to crysis 3 is a bigger feat.

Plus the first picture was obviously a pre-rendered cutscene, gta 5 doesn't use that.

007BondAgent said:

An open world game vs a linear shooter shouldn't be compared, and the fact that gta 5 get's close to crysis 3 is a bigger feat.

Plus the first picture was obviously a pre-rendered cutscene, gta 5 doesn't use that.

It's not pre rendered, that is in engine it you can tell it's not CGI just look at the textures on the clothes and the low poly silhouette. The fact you think it's CGI is testamount to how far ahaed Crysis 3 is.This is what Cryengine 3 in CGI mode (yes they now have an offline render mode in cryengine for making actual CGI)

And you are the one who made the comparison and I quote "it doesn't look that impressive, gta 5 looks better and that game is open world" now you have suddenly changed that to being close is a bigger feat. Which is debatable considering how much higher the level of detail and lighting quality is in the Crysis 3 footage (I don't think final console version will look like that tho but that is another debate entirely).

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
007BondAgent said:

It's not pre rendered, that is in engine it you can tell it's not CGI just look at the textures on the clothes and the low poly silhouette. The fact you think it's CGI is testamount to how far ahaed Crysis 3 is.This is what Cryengine 3 in CGI mode (yes they now have an offline render mode in cryengine for making actual CGI)

And you are the one who made the comparison and I quote "it doesn't look that impressive, gta 5 looks better and that game is open world" now you have suddenly changed that to being close is a bigger feat. Which is debatable considering how much higher the level of detail and lighting quality is in the Crysis 3 footage (I don't think final console version will look like that tho but that is another debate entirely).

Can you you tell me one thing, which version of crysis 3 are you showing?

007BondAgent said:

what do you mean?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
007BondAgent said:

what do you mean?

Which platform? PC/PS3 or 360?