By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Crysis 3 console gameplay. Looks to be 360 in this instance.

Im pretty sure this ia pc footage.

Around the Network

There was a short part in the video in which the player accesses the gun accessory menu or the armor modifier menu, theres usually a key that indicates what platform it is in. Im not sure but if you pause the video in theat instant, you can indicate which system this was played on.

Although it looks to me like its being played on a PC.

Yay!!!

Badassbab said:

We don't know if this is 360 footage but if it is then looks pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRqQDfmQaM <<<< Apparently that's 360 footage right there. But I'm adopting a wait and see policy. Crysis 2 was far too ambitious on current gen with dodgy AA, pop ins and crappy frame rates. Killzone 2 & especially 3 are still FPS technical accomplishment kings overall though one could argue Halo 4 is better looking in some ways but that's mostly due to art direction.

Risking  a war.............

Digital Foundry claim that from there technical analysis Halo 4 >>> KZ3. As thats the only reeal site doing technical tests we really have to go with that from a tech point of view. They claim its arueably the best on  console so far alongside UC3 and GOW3. They rate GOW3 and UC3 also technicaly better than KZ3.

I think you can only say KZ3 is better artistically as an opinion. BUt technically alo 4 is better accordin to their analysis. so thats more fact.

selnor said:
Badassbab said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRqQDfmQaM <<<< Apparently that's 360 footage right there. But I'm adopting a wait and see policy. Crysis 2 was far too ambitious on current gen with dodgy AA, pop ins and crappy frame rates. Killzone 2 & especially 3 are still FPS technical accomplishment kings overall though one could argue Halo 4 is better looking in some ways but that's mostly due to art direction.

Digital Foundry claim that from there technical analysis Halo 4 >>> KZ3. As thats the only reeal site doing technical tests we really have to go with that from a tech point of view. They claim its arueably the best on  console so far alongside UC3 and GOW3. They rate GOW3 and UC3 also technicaly better than KZ3.

I think you can only say KZ3 is better artistically as an opinion. BUt technically alo 4 is better accordin to their analysis. so thats more fact.

"Technically" Red dead redemption and Skyrim are in the same loop, due to their immense scale.

Yet that's not what we give a rats about, we care about the visual fidelity in which games such as Uncharted being so linear has an advantage in.

Thats the way it just is.

Technically, Skyrim and RDR for example are miles ahead of the ones you list.

Visually though? Heck no.

Killzone is also more linear than Halo, make of that what you wish.

Aldro said:
selnor said:
Badassbab said:

"Technically" Red dead redemption and Skyrim are in the same loop, due to their immense scale.

Yet that's not what we give a rats about, we care about the visual fidelity in which games such as Uncharted being so linear has an advantage in.

was merely pointing out that DF do tests. Which provide evidence. As there is no other thing I can see being done to attempt the guageing of Technicality in visual fidelity in games. 

So there is merit in their conclusions. 

Anything is else lans way more to opinion. Whereas DF is closest thing to fact. 

Make of my analogy what you will. 

Around the Network

I believe that's PC footage, if that was actual gameplay running on the Xbox 360/ PS3 then the video wouldn't be in 1080p. I have Crysis 2 for the Xbox 360 and not only is it a terrible game but it was very average looking apart from its lighting effects, there's no way Crysis 3 will look that much better.

I definitely think there'll be at least 6 better looking games on consoles currently announced for next year. God of War: Ascension (You just wait until they show more footage running on more up to date code) > Beyond: Two Souls > The Last of Us > Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2 > Metro: Last Light > Gears of War: Judgement > Crysis 3.

Let's just hope that Crysis 3 won't have horrible textures, distracting pop-in and horrible framerate dips like Crysis 2 had on consoles.

Everyone saying this 1080p thing.

Its the video thats 1080p. It doesnt mean the native resolution of the game is 1080p.

Its the same as most games arent Native 1080p but can still be output in 1080p.

Youtube video having a 1080p option does not make the game your seeing being played in that resolution.

Cmon thats standard knowledge.

Every single 360 game playthrough on Youtube for example has a playthrough that has a 1080p option. That doesnt mean that game is native 1080p. LOL

selnor said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
Badassbab said:

was merely pointing out that DF do tests. Which provide evidence. As there is no other thing I can see being done to attempt the guageing of Technicality in visual fidelity in games. 

So there is merit in their conclusions. 

Anything is else lans way more to opinion. Whereas DF is closest thing to fact. 

Make of my analogy what you will. 

You claim
"Digital Foundry claim that from there technical analysis Halo 4 >>> KZ3."

Not once in their article do they make such a claim. You twist whatever is mentioned and draw very questionable conclusions. That is you in a nutshell here on VGC.

Needless to say, Far Cry 3 is actually leading the pack of this years graphic awards followed by Journey and Halo 4. Whereas the likes of previous years where a game has dominated, this isn't the case this year. Rather funny. DF does indeed make a point. The 360 has a shot at the title, but it sure aint defining anything unlike some other franchises. That is exactly what is being shown right now. The critics are not as impressed. Hell this year didn't even boast a lot of high graphic contenders compared to previous years where games like Killzone, Crysis etc lost.

If you have such a bad angle toward "opinions" you should know that those awards are chosen by the men and women who work and spend their lives playing games and telling others about it. They all hold a vote on editorial staffs and play more games than you ever will. Something I have mentioned several times. When they see something outstanding, they tend to show it.

For someone who twists and makes up own facts based upon agendas they so desperately try to hide, you sure really try hard.

JustThatGamer said:
I believe that's PC footage, if that was actual gameplay running on the Xbox 360/ PS3 then the video wouldn't be in 1080p. I have Crysis 2 for the Xbox 360 and not only is it a terrible game but it was very average looking apart from its lighting effects, there's no way Crysis 3 will look that much better.

I definitely think there'll be at least 6 better looking games on consoles currently announced for next year. God of War: Ascension (You just wait until they show more footage running on more up to date code) > Beyond: Two Souls > The Last of Us > Castlevania: Lords of shadow 2 > Metro: Last Light > Gears of War: Judgement > Crysis 3.

Let's just hope that Crysis 3 won't have horrible textures, distracting pop-in and horrible framerate dips like Crysis 2 had on consoles.

Ascension really looks fucking incredible and the beta is outstanding. Its insane how they basically put a titan that you can interact with in the MP. The thought of how far they're taking the SP really wets my pants.

JustThatGamer said:
I believe that's PC footage, if that was actual gameplay running on the Xbox 360/ PS3 then the video wouldn't be in 1080p.

God Of War 3 gameplay in 1080P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9AcOMJDEig

Crysis 2 gameplay in 1080P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gjnnqP0wgwM