By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: The Anomoly that is Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport

Michael-5 said:

The difference from Forza to GT is like Camero vs. Mustang. Mustangs sell 4x as well as Cameros, but there is still a huge Camero fanbase.

This is a huge jump from last gen, where Forza was unheard of.

Anything can happen next gen, the total install base of Forza is higher then GT this gen, maybe that gap will grow furth in favor of Forza? Like the auto-industry, the gaming industry can flip at a moments notice.

You can spin the subject but you can't use this words to what you want to say.

The install base of Forza is below 3 million... the install base is how much unique users you have buying the Forza games... that's below 3 million because only half of the Forza 3 buyers brougth Froza 4.

Now about GT I can say almost everything that brought the "Beta" of GT5 brought GT5 too and more 4 millions guys... the install base is over 8 million.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Here's what happened:

Sales2099 started writing this thread over an hour ago. In the hour that it took him to write this he got banned, so when he clicked submit the thread was created but the user appeared to be non-existant (as due to his ban, he was automatically signed out).

Monk?

A_C_E said:
Nsanity said:
thismeintiel said:
Nsanity said:
thismeintiel said:
Nsanity said:
thismeintiel said:
While this is well written and thought out, it's kind of a lot of info and talk just to end with a "no duh" conclusion. "In conclusion, this debate is not going away anytime soon."

It also says a lot about the power of the GT franchise when a glorified demo can sell more than Forza 1&2 and maybe 4, depending on how well that finishes. Forza may be a great game, but it has awhile to go before it can claim a victory like that.

That glorified demo was marketed as full as retail game.

I'm guessing you missed the Prologue in the title.  It's okay.  Pretty easy to miss.

You might want to look up the meaning of Proglue and Demo.

Not quite sure what a Proglue is, but the definition of a prologue is as follows: "a preliminary discourse; a preface or introductory part of a discourse, poem, or novel.  Any introductory proceeding, event, etc.: Appetizing delicacies were the prologue to a long dinner."

GT5: Prologue was an extended demo that sold more than the full games that were Forza 1&2, maybe 4.  So yea, what's your point

Demos dont come with 16-player online races withover 70 cars (including tuned cars), 6 tracks, 12 layouts.

It wasn't called GT demo, it was called GT prologue. It was also just an introduction to a game that people had to pay for inorder to play. PD pretty much earned what they paid with just the Prologue. It was a fraction; a taste of what the final game would be like and 5 million people flocked their way to this unfinished game.

That is undescribable. That is power.

Well you seemed to do it in 4 lines....

Nsanity said:
A_C_E said:
Nsanity said:

Demos dont come with 16-player online races withover 70 cars (including tuned cars), 6 tracks, 12 layouts.

It wasn't called GT demo, it was called GT prologue. It was also just an introduction to a game that people had to pay for inorder to play. PD pretty much earned what they paid with just the Prologue. It was a fraction; a taste of what the final game would be like and 5 million people flocked their way to this unfinished game.

That is undescribable. That is power.

Try explaining that to thismeintiel.

Lol, why should he?  He and I probably agree on this.  GT Prologue wasn't just an ordinary demo, hence why places like Joystiq and IGN  and fans of the series were calling it an extended/glorified demo.  So, everyone knew what they were getting with the game.  Just a taste (70 cars compared to 1000 cars and 6 tracks compared to 31 tracks, so ~7%-8% of the final game) of what would be in the final GT5, and they still bought in droves (over 4M).  Now when Forza can achieve something like that, you give me a call.

Very true, people still side with games they wont play and these two are a couple of them. If a company makes a movement their loyal fans go with them. They get off not on the game but the fact the fact that their company delivered the "superior" version of the game.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

The GT vs Forza rivalry is absolutely ridiculous, as they are essentially the same game. If you like one, you like the other. It's like saying "I like left boobs but right boobs are shit!". Only an idiot would get himself involved in these kind of discussions.

Sorry but I disagree.

These two games plays completely different from each other... even the brake is diffent... anyone who drives a car in GT5 can't drive the same mode in Forza... maybe you is not a fan os racing sim but for anyone with little more insight notice in a matter of seconds that the driving physics is way different bettween this two games.

With steering wheel then... it's like wine and water.

If your going to put that a Forza game was bundled then you should also do the same for Gran Turismo it makes you looked bias when you do that type of stuff.

ethomaz said:

Chris Hu said:

Even though GT5 has more cars I still think that FM3 has better looking cars and a better variety of cars.  Also all the cars in FM3 have fully detailed interior none of that premium vs standard car bs.  Also a lot of cars in GT5 are total garbage since they can't win any races even if fully upgraded that is not a problem in FM3 since any car can be useful in some form especially since it alows engine swaps.  I also think that the track selection in FM3 is slightly better one of the best tracks from previous GT games the Seattle circuit is totally missing in GT5.  When it comes to track selection GT4 is still the best in the franchise.  I also find it a joke that out of the 1000+ cars in GT5 only 17 can be raced motified they could have done a lot better then that especially since in GT1 and 2 almost all the cars could be race modified.

Forza 3 is a better sim racing than Forza 4... now the biggest issues with Forza for me is how the driving physics is different from real-life and the tracks are widen without real life proportions to make the driving more easly... the brake system in Forza is all wrong too.

About the tracks I'm fine with the selection...

• Fuji Speedway: Fuji Speedwa F, Fuji Speedway GT
  • Suzuka Circuit: Suzuka Circuit (Weather), Suzuka Circuit East Course
  • Daytona International Speedway: Superspeedway – Daytona, Road Course – Daytona
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • Circuit de la Sarthe: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time / Weather), Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 No Chicane, Circuit de la Sarthe 2005, Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 No Chicane
  • Nürburgring: Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time), Nürburgring GP/F, Nürburgring 24h (Time / Weather), Nürburgring GP/D, Nürburgring typeV
  • Indianapolis Motorspeedway: Superspeedway – Indy, Road Course – Indy
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Weather), Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane
  • The Top Gear Test Track
  • Laguna Seca Raceway
  • High Speed Ring: High Speed Ring (Weather), High Speed Ring Reverse
  • Cape Ring: Cape Ring, Cape Ring Inside, Cape Ring North, Cape Ring Outside, Cape Ring South
  • Autumn Ring: Autumn Ring, Autumn Ring / Reverse, Autumn Ring Mini, Autumn Ring Mini / Reverse
  • Deep Forest Raceway: Deep Forest Raceway, Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
  • Grand Valley Speedway: Grand Valley Speedway, Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse, Grand Valley East Section, Grand Valley East Section / Reverse
  • Eiger Nordwand Track: Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track (Weather), Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track / Reverse
  • Trial Mountain Circuit: Trial Mountain Circuit, Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse
  • London: London, London / Reverse
  • Rome: Rome, Rome / Reverse
  • Circuito de Madrid: Circuito de Madrid, Circuito de Madrid / Reverse, Circuito de Madrid Mini, Circuito de Madrid Mini/ Reverse
  • Tokyo R246: Tokyo R246, Tokyo R246 / Reverse
  • Côte d’Azur
  • Special Stage Route 5: Special Stage Route 5 / Night, Special Stage Route 5 / Reverse / Night, Clubman Stage Route 5 / Night, Clubman Stage Route 5 / Reverse/ Night
  • Special Stage Route 7: Special Stage Route 7 / Night (Weather)
  • Eiger Nordwand Track: Eiger Nordwand Track K Trail, Eiger Nordwand Track K Trail / Reverse, Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail, Eiger Nordwand Track G Trail / Reverse, Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail, Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail / Reverse
  • Toscana: Toscana (Time), Toscana / Reverse (Time)
  • Chamonix: Chamonix Main (Weather), Chamonix East (Weather), Chamonix West (Weather), Chamonix Mini (Weather)
  • SPA-Francorchamps
  • Kart Space: Kart Space I, Kart Space I / Reverse, Kart Space II, Kart Space II /Reverse
  • Special Stage Route X Oval
  • Twin Ring Motegi: Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi, Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi West, Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi East, Super Speedway - Twin Ring Motegi

30 tracks, over 82 layouts

About the race modificantion cars you are right... only 18 have this option.

And GT5 will receive more cars / tracks soon... I expect te Spec 3.0 to be released in 2013 and more DLC is coming too.

No the number is only 17 I'm 100% positive on that.  I highly doubt that GT5 will get a lot more new cars.  The only current racing game that still will get a good amount of new cars through DLC is Forza Horizon.  Also the only track that is slightly wider in FM3 is the Nurnburgring all the other real tracks in the game a pretty much on par with there real life counterparts.  I also forgot that the damage system in Forza is miles better then the damage in GT5 pretty much all the Forza games have a better damage system then GT5.

ethomaz said:
Chrizum said:

The GT vs Forza rivalry is absolutely ridiculous, as they are essentially the same game. If you like one, you like the other. It's like saying "I like left boobs but right boobs are shit!". Only an idiot would get himself involved in these kind of discussions.

Sorry but I disagree.

These two games plays completely different from each other... even the brake is diffent... anyone who drives a car in GT5 can't drive the same mode in Forza... maybe you is not a fan os racing sim but for anyone with little more insight notice in a matter of seconds that the driving physics is way different bettween this two games.

With steering wheel then... it's like wine and water.

Yeah so the physics aren't entirely the same, of course they aren't. But if you are used to GT5's feel you'll just need a couple of days to get used to Forza 4 and vice versa. It's not like one did it siginificantly better than the other, which is what fanboys constantly fight about. It's ridiculous because if GT didn't exist, its fans would have loved Forza, and the same goes for the other way around.

Chris Hu said:

No the number is only 17 I'm 100% positive on that.  I highly doubt that GT5 will get a lot more new cars.  The only current racing game that still will get a good amount of new cars through DLC is Forza Horizon.  Also the only track that is slightly wider in FM3 is the Nurnburgring all the other real tracks in the game a pretty much on par with there real life counterparts.  I also forgot that the damage system in Forza is miles better then the damage in GT5 pretty much all the Forza games have a better damage system then GT5.

18 and I can list to you...

• Acura NSX RM '91
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
  • Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
  • Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
  • Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
  • Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
  • Lexus IS F RM '07
  • Lotus Elise RM '96
  • Lotus Elise 111R RM '04
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05
  • Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
  • Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05
  • Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
  • Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01
  • Grand Tourismo Red Bull X1 S. Vettel

I don't know what you talking about reveive cars via DLC because if I'm not wrong the actual cars presents in GT5 is...

1140 cars = 291 Premium + 849 Standard

If i'm not wrong the number of cars via paid DLC is 39.

There is more tracks wrong in Forza 3 (I don't know if there are some fixed in Forza 4). And the damage model is not that different... Forza have a better cosmetic damage model (the car itself) but GT5 have a better engine damage.

Edit - Some guys didn't considers the Red Bull X1 a RM cars... yeah it is... 17 or 18 is not different after all.