By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware and UK & USA software UP! - Week ending 8th December

pokoko said:
I haven't been coming here all that long, so this is a question for those who have, but doesn't the 360 usually gain back the difference it lost to the PS3 over the rest of the year during this time? Doesn't it typically dominate December? If so, then why is the PS3 so close right now? Is it a question of the 360 being down or the PS3 being up? Or a combination of those two things?

That's the Kinect effect in 2011... no other year that happened.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Europe is in fanancial turmoil, and they just do not care about Nintendo like America and Japan does. Many threads havebeen done on thismatter.

I'm not sure about the economy of Europe, but it sure isn't stopping half of the consoles from selling more in Europe than the USA. 

As for Europe not caring about Nintendo. That may be true, but that doesn't explain the high 3DS sales this week (if they are accurate).

crissindahouse said:

the uncharted and gran turismo bundle we have here since october?

Limited... sold out in online stores in UK and Gemany in November already... there are some in France yet... and it's the 500GB the PS3 with less sales.

Uncharted 3 sold 23k this week in Europe.

OP update incoming...

Sony and MS will be in some deep shit if they don't get those consoles out in 2013 - which I don't think they will. Nintendomination! indeed.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network

Lookd like Uncharted 2 has sold 6 million.

GamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.96 1.93 0.21 0.91 6.02

DaRev said:
Sony and MS will be in some deep shit if they don't get those consoles out in 2013 - which I don't think they will. Nintendomination! indeed.

Why do you think this?

THE ADJUSTMENTS IN PREVIOUS WEEKS

3DS 37512
PS3 17127
360 -46071
Wii 0
DS 0
PSP 0
PSV -113514
Wii U 0

* the same I posted in the last week thread * 

man-bear-pig said:

DS - 660k (wtf?)

Probably an adjustment.

Wow Dec 1st weekly has PS3 above 360....in the holiday season. Weird.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Jay520 said:

Lookd like Uncharted 2 has sold 6 million.

GamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.96 1.93 0.21 0.91 6.02

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Deserved.

And U3 is going in the same path.