By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Before ps3 or wii laucnched

With PS2 compatibility, could go either way with plans to purchase the other after 1-2 years. Without PS2 compatibility, then still a wii for certain.

Still considering a PS3 in the future, but not too high on my want list right now. Maybe it will be next Nov/Dec...

Around the Network

@Rol

No, it would have a 5 million install base at this point.

mM

I think you've made this kind of thread before Leo.

Is it really that hard to believe that people are buying a Wii because they want it?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

@stof

No Im just trying to make a survey like thread, would you buy a ps3 over the wii if the price was mmuch cheaper.

Now I notice this has turned into a competition on to who will get more votes.

mM

Well, I don't know. My personal bias would say Wii, but if nothing changes for PS3 beside the price, then I will say 50/50. They both have good chances of winning.

However, there are too many grey areas for this question. With that price change, there would obviously be a lot of other changes. For example, would the PS3 still be able to play BluRay. What would its graphic capability be? etc. To be off topic a bit, that's precisely why the argument of 'PS3 wins with no issue if it launched at [insert mass market price]' is considered bull.

If nothing changes beside the price, then chances are Sony would go bankrupt first before anything else.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

If the PS3 was at 300 I'd have bought it before buying the XBOX 360, but I planned on getting it at six hundred or whatever price, because the games I want would be on there, and I'm all about my games, regardless of the platform.

Wii... I was annoyed at having to pay £180 for a system, I would not have paid £200+

leo-j said:
No Im just trying to make a survey like thread, would you buy a ps3 over the wii if the price was mmuch cheaper.
 Right now more Wii games interests me, so I would say Wii. If it was the beginning of the console war, then much of it was unknown... 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Truthfully, even though the PS3 would probably be a very different machine, I would have probably bought both ...

Even though I have grown more and more frustrated with Sony durring the lifespan of the PS2, if Sony released the PS3 at $300 I would have been sure that it would end up the market leader (and third party publishers would focus on it) and that I would be forced to buy it eventually. When it was announced at $600 I knew the PS3 would struggle to find its place in the market, and Nintendo and Microsoft would be able to steal quite a bit of marketshare from Sony.

WOW!

Tough question, see I like the Wii and it's new and it priced at $250. So generally I would go with the cheapest console and with the best games.

So I would of got the Wii because it has software that I want right now. PS3 on the other hand has some okay software but I would of got the Wii because of it's first line-up of software, first and then went with the PS3.