By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Before ps3 or wii laucnched

If PSP would have gone the Direction of the PSX and gone with less high tech, then the Nintendo Wii would not be doing what it is.

This is identical to the N64/PSX, just the other way around... Nintendo got cocky back then and it bit them... Sony got cocky now...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

@ tokilamockingbrd

You mean PS3 right?

None

the first year of a console is always slow with games IMO

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN

Early, I'd go PS3 if it still had the full Backwards compat.

When SSBB came out, it would be Wii time, and possibly Galaxy earlier.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

If the PS3 released at the same price point as the Wii, I would have proberbly purchased a PS3, given its technical capabilities and because at that price, it would have ensured continual Sony dominance into the current generation.

However, I would have purchased a Wii eventually, because I find the new direction of Nintendo appealling. I feel that the industry had become somewhat stagnant during the last generation, and Nintendo's emphasis on a broader demographic and its implementation of innovative new interfaces was very neccesary, and you can only applaud them for this.

Of course this is just a hypothetical question, and quite wishful thinking really. That kind of price for a Blu Ray player alone is a steal.

Around the Network

I'd wait 6 months first to see how the console performs and what their game line-ups will be. Then based on that I make my purchase.

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Leo why do you do these "what if threads" whens theres no if?

If the PS3 was $299 it wouldnt have included blu ray for a start and we all know how u love to wank over blu ray. :p

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

The Wii. I'd like a PS3 but i'd also like a 360 and my budget/time is limited. I chose the Wii over a $300 360 and those reasons wouldn't change with a $300 PS3.

The price is what caused me to buy a Wii instead. So if the PS3 was 300 i would have gotten both. If i had to choose one at those price points then PS3.

Tifa Lockhart said:
FishyJoe said:
What if monkeys could fly? Would they still throw poop?

Nope, they would drop it on people instead.

Be more like a "poop"(pop) fly...

stof said:
I think you've made this kind of thread before Leo.

Is it really that hard to believe that people are buying a Wii because they want it?

Personally I believe its a yes and no answer. If there was only a $50 dollar price difference from launch PS3 would be far ahead of both systems. There for almost a year there was nothing besides Zelda that wasn't shovel-ware. But then again if the PS3 had opened with a $300 price point Wii would have been ~$150 most likely. I'm sure Nintendo is making somewhere over $100 per console sold. I really would like to know since they are most likely price gouging the sh*t out of people.