By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console did you enjoy more? PS1 or Wii~

which one?

wii 82 30.15%

ps1 170 62.50%

a ball of string and my F'in imagination 10 3.68%

fidel castro 10 3.68%

Total:272

PS1 - That was my only console that gen and it provided unlimited fun with GT, Crash Bandicoot, Driver, GTA and soooo much more

Wii is cool I have nothing against it anymore, but we only got one after having had a 360 and PS3 for a while so it was an afterthought. Got quite into NSMBW for a while, and Wii Sports was fun for a while...but really it pailed in comparison to how fun the PS1 was. Plus the PS1 was back when you actually had friends over to come play splitscreen...I know the Wii tried to do that too but it's just not the same as it was in the 90's

Around the Network
KungKras said:

No contest. Wii easily.

I value my multiplayer.

If you're into PC gaming, the PS consoles loose a lot of their appeal.

this makes no sense at all since there were ALOT of games on PS1 that were not availabile on PC, Tekken, FF9, RE series, JRPGs, Crash, Spyro, the list goes on and on.

OT PS1, it kept bringing the hits, after hits after hits, hell im STILL buying games I missed out on even to this day. Cant say the same for Wii.

I quite liked the PS1, but I'm not a big RPG guy, so the only games I really enjoyed on it were the Spyros and Crashes, Tomba Small Soldiers, Monster Rancher (that game was AMAZING), and various licensed Disney games.

Wii, while it definitely had a large library of shit, also has several of my all-time favourite games, such as the Galaxies, Brawl, Skyward Sword, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, as well as plenty of other stuff I greatly enjoyed like Mario Kart Wii, Goldeneye, Klonoa, Wii Sports and Resort (so sue me), Red Steel 2 (first one was meh), the Trauma Centre games, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid Prime 3 and Other M, World of Goo, Punch-Out!!, Twilight Princess, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and quite a few others.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
oniyide said:
KungKras said:

No contest. Wii easily.

I value my multiplayer.

If you're into PC gaming, the PS consoles loose a lot of their appeal.

this makes no sense at all since there were ALOT of games on PS1 that were not availabile on PC, Tekken, FF9, RE series, JRPGs, Crash, Spyro, the list goes on and on.

What you says would make sense IF people can afford every single game in the genre they like, but that's rarely the case.

I guess the PS1 has appeal if you like JRPG or fighters, but that's pretty much it. If you're into real RPG's or any other genre the PC massacres the PS1.

The N64 and Wii, however, do soical multiplayer much better than the PS1 and better than the PC if you're not on a LAN, so I have a reason to want them.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Baddman said:
i prefer wii...but with that said n64>>>>>>ps1+wii combined

lol Tell that to the PS1's library.

PS1 by several lightyears.

Playstation wins whenever it is involving PS1 and PS2.

the end.

EDIT: who is going to do the "Which console did you enjoy more? PS1 or PS2" thread?

i enjoyed a few wii games but its not even a contest. PS1 was legendary!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Baddman said:
i prefer wii...but with that said n64>>>>>>ps1+wii combined

lol Tell that to the PS1's library

wow you are really annoying i stated my preference dont like that i am not a big fan of the ps1? i dont care go hop off a cliff

Moderated,

-Mr Khan