By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console did you enjoy more? PS1 or Wii~

which one?

wii 82 30.15%

ps1 170 62.50%

a ball of string and my F'in imagination 10 3.68%

fidel castro 10 3.68%

Total:272

I enjoyed playing a lot of PS1 games (first and only system that I owned from Sony). However, I would have to say I have a lot more enjoyable memories playing with the Wii. I have a lot more found memories of gaming on the Wii than the PS1. For one the Wii was the first system that I was able to play (Wii Sports Bowling) with my deceased grandmother. Any other controller or game she would not comprehend. The Wii allowed everyone to play.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
oniyide said:
KungKras said:

No contest. Wii easily.

I value my multiplayer.

If you're into PC gaming, the PS consoles loose a lot of their appeal.

this makes no sense at all since there were ALOT of games on PS1 that were not availabile on PC, Tekken, FF9, RE series, JRPGs, Crash, Spyro, the list goes on and on.

What you says would make sense IF people can afford every single game in the genre they like, but that's rarely the case.

I guess the PS1 has appeal if you like JRPG or fighters, but that's pretty much it. If you're into real RPG's or any other genre the PC massacres the PS1.

The N64 and Wii, however, do soical multiplayer much better than the PS1 and better than the PC if you're not on a LAN, so I have a reason to want them.

good job dismissing two LARGE genres right there, if anything the JRPG genre was much larger and more significant than the RPG one in those days. Fighters were big too. Lets throw platformers in the mix too, 2d AND 3d. What are these genres that PC had that massacred PS1? What are the games? Cause outside point and click, those flying sims and FPSs (which PS1 did have in abundance) nothing really.

How does N64 destroy PS1 in social MP? Last i checked PS1 supported four players as well.

I voted for a ball of string but I'll have to go with PSX > Wii. You literally couldn't run out of JRPGs on that fucking thing.

enditall727 said:

Playstation wins whenever it is involving PS1 and PS2.

the end.

EDIT: who is going to do the "Which console did you enjoy more? PS1 or PS2" thread?

Still PSX :P

PS2 is when most JRPGs started to suck balls other than a very very few then we got a slew of pure shits for gen 7 that I had to suffer through.

oniyide said:
KungKras said:
oniyide said:
KungKras said:

No contest. Wii easily.

I value my multiplayer.

this makes no sense at all since there were ALOT of games on PS1 that were not availabile on PC, Tekken, FF9, RE series, JRPGs, Crash, Spyro, the list goes on and on.

What you says would make sense IF people can afford every single game in the genre they like, but that's rarely the case.

I guess the PS1 has appeal if you like JRPG or fighters, but that's pretty much it. If you're into real RPG's or any other genre the PC massacres the PS1.

The N64 and Wii, however, do soical multiplayer much better than the PS1 and better than the PC if you're not on a LAN, so I have a reason to want them.

good job dismissing two LARGE genres right there, if anything the JRPG genre was much larger and more significant than the RPG one in those days. Fighters were big too. Lets throw platformers in the mix too, 2d AND 3d. What are these genres that PC had that massacred PS1? What are the games? Cause outside point and click, those flying sims and FPSs (which PS1 did have in abundance) nothing really.

How does N64 destroy PS1 in social MP? Last i checked PS1 supported four players as well.

are you serious about PS1 MP?  You had to have a multitap and barely any games were even compatible.  4 player MP was literally one of the main staples of the N64, to the point it was almost being forced into some games like Donkey Kong 64.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
oniyide said:
KungKras said:
oniyide said:
KungKras said:

No contest. Wii easily.

I value my multiplayer.

2D and 3D? OK. The PC had Croc, just like the PS. It also had the Jazz Jackrabbit games wich are CRAZY fun. It had the Rayman games, all of them, and a LOT of Disney platformers, 2D and 3D. It didn't have Spyro and Crach, but the sheer fun of playing Jazz Jackrabbit with a buddy >>>>> Spyro and Crash. Again, if you had a god PC, you had a lot of good platformers, so unless you want to play EVERY good game in every genre, why get a PS1?

Other genres where the PC was better than PS1? OK. Racing and sports, because realism is valued more in those genres, and PC has better graphics, also, Football Manager was awesome in those days. RPGs, Baldur's Gate, Ultima, Ultima Online, Neverwinter Nights, etc. Mech games, wich were big at the time. RTS (obviously). TBS. Grand Strategy. Space shooters that required a joystick (also rather big at the time). Horror (System Shock 2). Puzzle games .

You had to buy an extra multitap to play more than two on the PS1, which sucked. And outside of Twisted Metal, sports games, and fighters (where you mostly only play 2 at the same time) the PS1 didn't have the kind of games that were crazy fun to play with all your buddies, like Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, the Mario Party games, Smash Bros, FPS games from Acclaim like Turok 2 (Raptor FTW), etc. That's why both the PC (LAN is awesome, plus more mainstream in Europe than in America) and N64 destroys the PS1 at multiplayer. It just wasn't that social of a console.

I LOVE ICELAND!

PS1, by far.