By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console did you enjoy more? PS1 or Wii~

which one?

wii 82 30.15%

ps1 170 62.50%

a ball of string and my F'in imagination 10 3.68%

fidel castro 10 3.68%

Total:272

Only owned the Wii so my opinion on the matter is pretty much useless. I do have some fond memories though from playing Worms, Driver and Tekken III at my friend's house. It was nice with some variation among my Nintendo stuffed game collection :)

Around the Network

PS1, easily. My second favourite console of all time behind the PS2. Never was a big fan of the Wii.

Quite easily the PlayStation.

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and Tactics
Metal Gear Solid
Crash Bandicoot Series
Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Resident Evil Series
Gran Turismo and GT2
Tekken Series
Tomb Raider Series
Tony Hawk Series
Silent Hill Series
Destruction Derby
WWF Smackdown Series
GTA Series
Dino Crisis

Simply too many fantastic games.

The Wii. I love my PS1, but the Wii has a larger share of my favourite games; Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Monster Hunter Tri...

Wii, but it's close. If you said PS2, I don't think it would be possible for me to choose.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I like the PS1 more. I even still play PS1 games to this day. (though I want to play my super nintendo as well :) )

I love the Wii. But PS1 by far.

As much as I hate the Wii, unlike others I think it's silly to vote for a console I never personally owned, so the Wii still wins.

PS1 had more legitimate games for everyone. The Wii just doesn't come close. The Wii's level of shovelware percentage was way higher and their percentage of gems doesn't even come close to the PS1. First party kept the Wii on the right track to be honest, while Sony had great games coming from first, second and third parties all day.

BasilZero said:

Even though I never had a PS1, it was better than the Wii just for the software itself.

PSX/PS1
+The system that toppled the king: Nintendo
+Had a great RPG collection
+Had a great fighting library
+Gave birth to some of the greatest franchises or popular franchises.
+Helped pushed developed franchises to a whole new level
+Great Third party library
-Terrible first party (imo compared to the Wii)
-Not as graphically intensive as competitor

Wii
+Introduced Motion controls or popularized it (even though I hate it)
+Great platformer games (mostly first party)
+Great First Party library
-Terrible Third party
-Poor online support compared to competitors

Pretty much this. Even though I subjectively liked the PS1 better, objectively speaking it just delivered more.