By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4's killer app....Baseball!?

Tagged games:

MLB 12 has been noticably up this year on previous instalments, especially after it looked like the series was on the way down after MLB 11.

Regardless, I don't think it'll make that much difference. Sony used to run NBA + Formula One licences too, but they've been lost over time.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Someone will probably make another MLB in the future, can see EA sports investing in it.

Not a chance. They're just barely keeping up with their Madden and NCAA releases and even then, sales are way down. Tiburon can't take on another project.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sales2099 said:
MLB has always been better and has outsold the other guy for years.

The real question is: who cares? Its baseball.

Who cares? uhhhh people that like baseball maybe?

Hasn't Mario baseball sold more? Nintendo can satiate your baseball fix without making you buy them every year with minimal upgrades.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

well considering I still play ken griffey jr on n64 , my baseball fix is satisfied.

That was one perfectly made baseball game.

Around the Network

PS4 to conquer Cuba confirmed!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

homer said:
Hasn't Mario baseball sold more? Nintendo can satiate your baseball fix without making you buy them every year with minimal upgrades.

Did you seriously just compare Mario baseball to MLB the Show? O_o

MLB is a Baseball sim with full franchises, minor leagues, career mode with created player working up till the majors and then trying to maintain it, etc...

Mario doesn't even compare, not to mention it sells through the Mario brand name, not because Baseball sim fans want it. That's like saying Mario Strikers could replace FIFA... I don't even think Mario Sluggers even has competitive online play or online leagues.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

homer said:

You know how I know you've never played MLB: The Show?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
homer said:

You know how I know you've never played MLB: The Show?

Might have something to do with MLB The Show (with it's "minimal upgrades") providing content well beyond anything Mario Sluggers could ever hope to offer.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Damn... the Dominican Republic is gonna become Sonyland