By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

$250 or less 11 4.51%

$300 8 3.28%

$350 32 13.11%

$400 63 25.82%

$450 21 8.61%

$500 36 14.75%

$550 2 0.82%

$600 or more 20 8.20%

I wouldn't buy a Wii U regardless 27 11.07%

View results 24 9.84%

Total:244

I am (more or less) seeing what I would have expected to see from a dedicated gaming site ... There is an over-representation of people who want and are willing to pay for premium systems, a an under-representation of people who want budget systems, but mostly people (seem to) want to pay between $300 and $400 for a new console.

Around the Network

imo, $400 is a fair price for new and awesome technology. now i'm above average on income and a serious gamers so i can understand why not everyone would jump at this price. but i think there are enough people like me that would jump at $400 that the rest can wait for the $300 and $200 price points down the line. i feel anything about $400 quickly prices out your potential marketplace for a this kind of luxury item. $600 is obviously too much lol.

P.S. power should never determine your console purchase, as it means little in the end.

HappySqurriel said:
I am (more or less) seeing what I would have expected to see from a dedicated gaming site ... There is an over-representation of people who want and are willing to pay for premium systems, a an under-representation of people who want budget systems, but mostly people (seem to) want to pay between $300 and $400 for a new console.

bingo.

did you change this thread? i swear i thought it is about ps4 wtf? i really thought you asked how much we would pay for a ps4 4x as powerful as wii u. so people please don't read my second post^^

but it still stands, 4x as powerful and i would pay 500 euro if interested in the games.

Around the Network

$1.39

Spazzy_D said:
Heavenly_King said:
I dont like Nintendo franchises so, I would not buy it.

But what if, hypothetically, third parties started jumping ship and began making console exclusive iterations of franchises you DO like on the Wii U?  I think that is the biggest benefit (although I still don't think it would happen) in this more powerful Wii U scenerio.

Nintendo has this weird burden, that if you don't like thier games you don't like their console.  Mean while, you would be hard pressed to say the PS1, PS2, and Xbox 360 (might have a case with Halo) sold as many units as they did because of 1st party software.

If the console were more powerful and developers make an exclusive game for it of a franchise I really like, like for example MGS: Twin snakes on the gamecube; I could end up buying one just like I bought a gamecube for it ¬_¬, for a not so crazy price; $500 would be the top, considering I am buying the console for 1 game.   MGS is awesome and with crazy graphics and more power would be awesomer.   But then again, if it is not an exclusive, then I would rather stay with my (according to this thread, inferior) PS3 and wait for the PS4, so that I can have the same game in my console brand of choice without needing to have more than 1 nextgen device.  I like my gaming needs to be centered in one device if possible, with the exception of PC only games like RTS games.

as long as its made by Nintendo i have no limit other than the moni have

About the same as I would pay for the current Wii U I guess.

I LOVE ICELAND!

My limit when buying a console is 300 €. I've never payed more and I'll never will.

However, with a WiiU with 4 times more power, and the fact that game development will be more expensive, so a WiiU port will be necessary for most publishers, I could go the extra mile and get it for 400 €.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.