By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

$250 or less 11 4.51%

$300 8 3.28%

$350 32 13.11%

$400 63 25.82%

$450 21 8.61%

$500 36 14.75%

$550 2 0.82%

$600 or more 20 8.20%

I wouldn't buy a Wii U regardless 27 11.07%

View results 24 9.84%

Total:244

2 bits!

Around the Network

Nothing. I would probably just quit console gaming altogether and stick to PC and handhelds. Vita would be my top priority right now.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

It depends on what that power did. If it's just for prettier games, then I still wouldn't be interested in a WiiU. If they used it for some new feature - say projected images - that made you feel more in the game (assuming wiimotes not gamepad) then I'd pay more for it, sure.

I buy systems for games, not specs, so if this extra power meant I wouldn't need to buy another system because every major third party game was on Wii U... I would pay an extra $50 or $100. Any more and I would wait for a price drop. As it is, the system seems great and the price was right. Hopefully 3rd party support continues and I will get the games I want without the extra cost. If not, the money saved will be going toward an XBox or PS in a year or two.

Squilliam said:
But the thing is I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Wii U as it exists. I would be far more interested in it if it were more powerful but neither option has been given by Nintendo, hence the reason why I'm not in this particular market.

From memory arn't you in NZ? therefore you already getting highly ripped of on console launches anyway.

Has the Wii even made it down to $200NZ yet?

Aus has improved slight compared to past gens.

Around the Network

so uh, since it'd cost more, I prolly wouldn't buy it therefore I can't put a price on it, I think the current price is at least reasonable for what it is.

$300 for a base version and $350 with a pack in game and 4x the internal storage. Yeah I'm already saying the Wii U is already 4x more powerful than the PS360...and no I will never believe this 2-3x more powerful evidence even if it is almost already established by developers and hackers; because I'm a fanboy . Hey somebody has to balance out the Wii U is less or just as powerful as PS360 fanboys right?

$49.99

4 ≈ One

Cobretti2 said:
Squilliam said:
But the thing is I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Wii U as it exists. I would be far more interested in it if it were more powerful but neither option has been given by Nintendo, hence the reason why I'm not in this particular market.

From memory arn't you in NZ? therefore you already getting highly ripped of on console launches anyway.

Has the Wii even made it down to $200NZ yet?

Aus has improved slight compared to past gens.

Actually console prices are pretty good where I am and infact many of the costs are significantly lower. For instance the PS3 launched for $1199 whereas the PS2 launched for $1299 IIRC and the Wii U actually costs less than the Wii did at launch. I am/was far more interested in the Wii than I am with the Wii U. To compensate for this lack of interest it has to be significantly more powerful than it is or significantly cheaper. I use USD to simplify things as that is the standard pricing structure used here but what I would pay is essentially the converted USD equivalent so it is easier to just use USD so people understand.

Tease.

I'd gladly pay $400.