By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

$250 or less 11 4.51%

$300 8 3.28%

$350 32 13.11%

$400 63 25.82%

$450 21 8.61%

$500 36 14.75%

$550 2 0.82%

$600 or more 20 8.20%

I wouldn't buy a Wii U regardless 27 11.07%

View results 24 9.84%

Total:244

It is my opinion that, while everyone will say that they want more powerful systems, increasing processing power does not lead to a significant increase in what people are willing to spend on a console.

Around the Network

i said 500 but i mean euro with that. and i can't really say because i don't even know how powerful the wii u is^^

I could afford a $1000 console with no problems if I wanted to, but 'out of principle', $500 is the limit I´m willing to spend on a console, regardless of its power compared to competitors, and provided the system will get at least 5/7 must have games in its first three years.

crissindahouse said:

i said 500 but i mean euro with that. and i can't really say because i don't even know how powerful the wii u is^^

The "4 times as powerful" was just a way of making a more solid claim that "significantly more powerful" ...

HappySqurriel said:
crissindahouse said:

The "4 times as powerful" was just a way of making a more solid claim that "significantly more powerful" ...

€dit: i was talking nonsense here

Around the Network

Put 400, and meant it, seems like the price point for a "premium" console.....maybe 450 if I was really impressed (and it still had Nintendoland as a pack in) and it had a more impressive 3rd party lineup out of the gate. In all honesty though, PC gaming has made me a bit jaded towards Console graphics and I'm really liking my Wii U. I would gladly have payed more for them to beef up the spec a bit though, as I can see the CPU becoming a bit of a bottle neck and an excuse for third party developers in the future.

500+ for a video game console is too much for me, just out of principle.

$500 is a good price point for more powerrrrrrr.

I dont like Nintendo franchises so, I would not buy it.

i'd pay the same price for any console, and it's likely $250-0. my price point never changes. then again, it's based on person income, and benefactors.

Heavenly_King said:
I dont like Nintendo franchises so, I would not buy it.

But what if, hypothetically, third parties started jumping ship and began making console exclusive iterations of franchises you DO like on the Wii U?  I think that is the biggest benefit (although I still don't think it would happen) in this more powerful Wii U scenerio.

Nintendo has this weird burden, that if you don't like thier games you don't like their console.  Mean while, you would be hard pressed to say the PS1, PS2, and Xbox 360 (might have a case with Halo) sold as many units as they did because of 1st party software.