By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

What would you pay for the Wii U if it was 4 times as powerful?

$250 or less 11 4.51%

$300 8 3.28%

$350 32 13.11%

$400 63 25.82%

$450 21 8.61%

$500 36 14.75%

$550 2 0.82%

$600 or more 20 8.20%

I wouldn't buy a Wii U regardless 27 11.07%

View results 24 9.84%

Total:244
Cobretti2 said:
djs said:
$499 is the limit for me either for Xbox or Playstation.

On topic, if I'd ever consider buying a WiiU, $299 would be the roof regardless the system's power.

now this is an interesting answer. can you exapand on it please. why the difference?

also

what if WiiU was 2x as powerful as the next xbox or playstation?

I'm not a Nintendo guy, I enjoy Sony and MS first and third party more that's all.

If the WiiU along with the power had all my action shooter racing games, then I suppose I'd pay $499 for it.

Around the Network
djs said:
Cobretti2 said:
djs said:
$499 is the limit for me either for Xbox or Playstation.

On topic, if I'd ever consider buying a WiiU, $299 would be the roof regardless the system's power.

now this is an interesting answer. can you exapand on it please. why the difference?

also

what if WiiU was 2x as powerful as the next xbox or playstation?

I'm not a Nintendo guy, I enjoy Sony and MS first and third party more that's all.

If the WiiU along with the power had all my action shooter racing games, then I suppose I'd pay $499 for it.

Thanks for your response. It is what I was expecting you would say that it all comes down to your taste and the power of it doesn't really impact the decision if your tastes are not satisfied.

On a side note, the funny part about these forums is that the people who wanted the WiiU to be way more powerful are mostly the ones who have no intention of buying it.

The poll has also showed some interesting results in that people expect more for less and or the same. Guessing the diehard nintendo fans voted for the higher end of the spectrum.

Honestly, I wouldn't pay more than $350 for any console, so it's a good move by Nintendo to keep it at the power it is xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

up to $499. But as opposed to meassuring power I would jus like to see what its capable of. I do not actually know what 4xs more powerfull means in regard to graphics. But put it like this, I'll pay $499 for a system which could run square enix's agni's demo. The most I'll spend on a console though is $599, beyond that I couldn't justify purchasing a console regardless of its specs or controller. When I'm a fully paid adult that would change though...

I don't see any problem in paying $500(basic)-$600(premium) for a new console at launch. As a PC gamer, I'm used to paying more in order to have beautiful graphics.

Around the Network
wfz said:
BasilZero said:
Less than what it is now.

You wouldn't pay $350 for a console that was 4 times as powerful as the Wii U? o.o

So I'm taking it you're going to be PC gaming for the forseeable future. :P

I thought he was trolling, because less than what it is now for 4x the power plus all the peripherals = significant losses for Nintendo.  I doubt the competition could sell their systems WITHOUT peripherals for LESS than the Wii U while being 4x as powerful.  I really can't see the post being anything more than trolling.  It's even more than just the fact that they will be taking big losses, but the fact that not including peripherals would lessen the appeal of the system. 

edit: Keep in mind that when we say less than it is now, it means $300 or less.

however much a sorcerers stone is worth I would be willing to pay for a Nintendo console

But the thing is I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Wii U as it exists. I would be far more interested in it if it were more powerful but neither option has been given by Nintendo, hence the reason why I'm not in this particular market.

Tease.

I'm not interested in paying more than $400 for a console, no matter how powerful it is, and $400 is pushing it. I voted $350.

I'm starting to think that a thread like this has already been done before.