By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Undeserving sales

The 360 fanbase bears no ill will towards the success of Nintendo. We welcome our bretherin to thrive and succeed.

-Official 360 Fanbase PR

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I just realized that the title of this thread says "Mario Kart Wii: U" in it.

ps3-sales! said:
radiantshadow92 said:
ill admit i am quite salty about MK getting those sales when modnation racers deserves much more but what can yah do xD

That's what I'm saying. It's a shame knowing that Nintendo hogs all of the casual crowd away from Microsoft and Sony. :(

Don't say that, it's a known fact that casuals ruin gaming.

Signature goes here!

If sales equalled quality, MK DS would be on 65million.

wfz said:
I just realized that the title of this thread says "Mario Kart Wii: U" in it.

Didn't you know? The "U" in "Wii U" and every consequent title stands for "Unwanted."

Around the Network

Mario Kart: Set the standard
Mario Kart 64: Took it to 3D
Super Circuit: Made it portable
Double Dash: New mechanics, graphics boost, etc.
DS: New mechanics, online
Wii: Refined online focus, motion controls, motorcycles
7: Air and underwater mechanics added

And you only get one per console. It always adds a little something but it always keeps the core gameplay accessible and fun. Somebody that hasn't played Mario Kart since 1997 can jump into the latest Mario Kart and have a blast. It's video game comfort food.

It's because the game was bundled. Nobody would buy the game without getting a free Wii or Wii wheel with it. It'd be at 350k tops.

KylieDog said:
There is zero competitition, what else people gonna buy?

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing.

Mario Kart Wii thoroughly deserves its sales. It is one of the most popular games on the Wii. Sales objectively indicate the success of a game. Forget the critical reviewers, the sales count a lot more than some anonymous reviewer. Millions of people have bought Mario Kart as standalone or included as part of the purchase of the Wii. Mario Kart Wii is a huge hit with most gamer who own and play the Wii. Mario Kart Wii is a good game to play with friends or online.

Currently Mario Kart Wii = Nintendo 64 total console sales @ 33 million units. 

Ouroboros24 said:
ps3-sales! said:
radiantshadow92 said:
ill admit i am quite salty about MK getting those sales when modnation racers deserves much more but what can yah do xD

That's what I'm saying. It's a shame knowing that Nintendo hogs all of the casual crowd away from Microsoft and Sony. :(

Why do you both care so much?  Xbox has more COD software sold on it than any other system, its that a big deal as well? 

i dont care that much...just my lips taste a little salty when i see the sales is all xD