By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Undeserving sales

cusman said:
freebs2 said:
ps3-sales! said:
radiantshadow92 said:
ill admit i am quite salty about MK getting those sales when modnation racers deserves much more but what can yah do xD

That's what I'm saying. It's a shame knowing that Nintendo hogs all of the casual crowd away from Microsoft and Sony. :(

This comment pretty much explains it all. Kart games don't sell well on Ps3 and 360 because they are considered casual games. (which means in other words 2nd tier games)

The Wii owner just sees mario kart as an awesome multiplayer game, as one of the main reasons to buy the console.

I bought ModNation Racers and then quickly realized I don't have the patience for the games load screens. Neither did my kids or any other people I know. The game should embrace being simple and fun over complicated with attrocious loading.

The game also didn't emphasize local multiplayer (again loading kills that potential even if it existed). Nobody gets together to play to watch ridiculously long loading screens.

the loading screens werent even that bad and it got patched out anyways. the game mechanics and the customization are what makes it shine. How does long loading even make a game complicated lol

Around the Network

It sold so well because it is a fun game. I still know many people who play it on a regular basis.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Of course Ps3-sales would say that, he is Sony biased.

Khuutra said:
There are no "deserved sales" or "undeserved sales". Sales are what they are: a measure of appeal. Nothing more and nothing less.

I get that you're bothered by the idea that Mario Kart Wii has a higher appeal than the console iterations of any Call of Duty, but you shouldn't be. It doesn't matter.

I would argue there are deserved and undeserved sales, but not in the context of the OP... and that the vast majority of sales are deserved sales, and that underserved sales pretty much like soley in deception of marketing, like say... Dead Island's trailer.

darkknightkryta said:

That should answer your question.

So I'm guessing this answers the question about Link's crossbow training sales?

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 Link's Crossbow Training Wii 2007 Shooter Nintendo 3.03 1.17 0.29 0.47 4.96

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii is an awesome game with lots of mass market appeal. Everyone can play it and everyone has fun playing it. And saying the game was bundled or came with the Wii wheel is no excuse because 1) you can choose between bundles (and unlike bundles like PS3 + Uncharted or 360 + Skyrim you don't save money. So you really only get the bundle if you want the game!) and 2) nobody used that damn wheel.

We still play Mario Kart Wii regularly (like every week) and we can't get enough of it. 4 player local is pure awesomeness and something other games just can't replicate. This game deserves every single sale.

MegaDrive08 said:
Bikes suck, get rid of them they ruin the online experience, should even remove automatic drift!

They don't suck! They are awesome They should just make them optional but why remove them completely? That would just take away content from the game.

cusman said:
freebs2 said:
ps3-sales! said:
radiantshadow92 said:
ill admit i am quite salty about MK getting those sales when modnation racers deserves much more but what can yah do xD

That's what I'm saying. It's a shame knowing that Nintendo hogs all of the casual crowd away from Microsoft and Sony. :(

This comment pretty much explains it all. Kart games don't sell well on Ps3 and 360 because they are considered casual games. (which means in other words 2nd tier games)

The Wii owner just sees mario kart as an awesome multiplayer game, as one of the main reasons to buy the console.

I bought ModNation Racers and then quickly realized I don't have the patience for the games load screens. Neither did my kids or any other people I know. The game should embrace being simple and fun over complicated with attrocious loading.

The game also didn't emphasize local multiplayer (again loading kills that potential even if it existed). Nobody gets together to play to watch ridiculously long loading screens.

That's a different matter. Anyway, I've bought ModNation too, earlier this year, I think it doesn't hold a candle to MKWii despite what reviews said, and despite the fact I think MKWii was quite poor in terms of execution.

happydolphin said:
darkknightkryta said:

That should answer your question.

So I'm guessing this answers the question about Link's crossbow training sales?

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Link's Crossbow Training Wii 2007 Shooter Nintendo 3.03 1.17 0.29 0.47 4.96

Considering that Crossbow Training is a single mini game and sold almost as much as God of War 3, yes it did.

darkknightkryta said:

Considering that Crossbow Training is a single mini game and sold almost as much as God of War 3, yes it did.

Okay, I'll accept the madness, because it's Crossbow Training. Hell, anything can happen.

But what about the fact that MK on the DS sold 22m.