By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Undeserving sales

Mario kart wii u ......good online/plus miiverse......omg... Yes.....yes....yes....yes!

Hd Mario kart Ftw too.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
Mario kart wii u ......good online/plus miiverse......omg... Yes.....yes....yes....yes!

Hd Mario kart Ftw too.

+1

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Yes it is really unfair that Gran Turismo doesnt have those sales as the series is so innovative. And fun.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

First was out on the Wii 96+m sold
Second is Maio + Kart
Third is as good as the others
4th is more casual/easy/mainstream than other greater games (Zelda or Galaxy)

... 33mil is a lot, of course and probably no othwer kart game will ever beat that that the ingredients were all there.

Switch!!!

With friends, it's one of the most purely fun games this generation.

Around the Network

A lot of people agree MKW isn't the best one. But like you, ps3-sales!, a lot of people who played (and loved) the older ones bought this + a lot of new people. That's why it's been sold that often.
Also, MKW is quite fun online (with friends) if you can live with the few things you have to do which aren't needed on PS360 to play online.
I don't like it very much myself but I put 1,000+ hours into it because I always play some time trial in MK games and I was in a clan which was amazingly fun.

Yeah it has no great graphics why do people buy it?

I hate people who buy games because it is fun they are destroying the industry.

How can the industry move on if people don't buy great looking games but only buy the cheap fun ones?

Mario kart wii is an amazing game. good multy-player fun. It sold this much for a reason

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

You answered your own question already. It's fun. That's it. Practically everyone like a game of Mario Kart. That's why it sells, it doesn't matter how old you are, what you are or who you are. It's genious really. 

Also, the game is no less innovating that most other franchises and it doesn't even need to be. All people ever want is new tracks. Nintendo delivers every time. I don't like MKWii the best, that honour goes to MK64, but based on it broad appeal the sales are definitely 'deserved', or justified.

Plus, those saying Mario Kart 7 is *only* at 7 million, it's doing better than the other handheld games. Some said console Mario Karts have an attach-ratio at about 1/3. Handheld Mario Karts are way below that; 5/80+ and 25/150+. Mario Kart 7 however is at 7/22 now. That is console-level performance.

Galaki said:
Kenology said:

But wasn't it long past 20 million before it was bundled though?  I believe it was. 

So I don't think bundling (in one region?) is the main reason why it sold so much.  It sold because it's a great game.

It was some 23-24 millions before it started bundling with the Wii.

That, and the fact that there are at least like six Wii bundles out now (in Europe anyway); one with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Bros, Wii Fit, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and finally Mario Kart Wii.

It's not like the last 10 million sales all came from bundles. No, the game did it all by itself.

Mario Kart is the best local multiplayer game franchise of all time. It also appeals heavily to both male and female gamers. Those are really the only two explanations you need.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.