By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii: Undeserving sales

Its a good game with many Flaws.

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
Its a good game with many Flaws.

Baby, yours flaws are what made you prefect.

Hey ever hear about bundling? Yes? There u go.
Also I think there is a lot of family want to play together in their room.

Quite simply it's a matter of fun and accessibility. There are better games technically sure. But how many your mom could pick-up and play and have a great time with?

Mario Kart gives you a steering wheel and says Go! It's fun and anybody, no matter how badly they suck has a chance to win at least occasionally (or at least feel like they have a chance after 3 bullets...)

This on a system people bought for Wii Sports or Wii Fit.

Dude. I still play this game on a semi-regular basis at my friend's apartment. When there's a bunch of girls and guys over, it's the perfect game to play that everyone can enjoy. It's just a great game to break the ice between two people...

Every Nintendo console needs a Mario Kart and a Brawl. Mario Kart on the console is a superb local multiplayer game and as long as Nintendo doesn't screw up, that will never change.

Around the Network

"What I do get, is how it could still sell a good amount. It is a very accesible and fun game to play. Very enjoyable with friends. I'm not going to get into graphics.... but you get the idea, there are many positives about the game. "

There you go. It's a fun game on a big install base that was well advertised. Especially the fun with friends part helped, that usually rockets game sales.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Besides for it being the best game in the series, having a fun online experience, bikes, and the fact that it was on one of the top selling systems of all time I've got nothing...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Bikes suck, get rid of them they ruin the online experience, should even remove automatic drift!

MegaDrive08 said:
Bikes suck, get rid of them they ruin the online experience, should even remove automatic drift!

Bikes are great for people that know how to use them.

Automatic drift doesn't work very well.  Not well enough to allow you to hang with someone that knows how to play without it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

already answered your own inquiry...but why does it matter?? i personally didnt care for MKWii and never bought it, but i can see why it did as well as it did, same reason COD does well, its easy to get into.