By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
When he said their "tablet" can do things the competitors can't she should have hit him with multitouch.

So you pick one thing the Wii U pad doesn't have and ignore the advantages alltogether? That's sounds reasonable. I guess proper gaming controls, lag free streaming and seamless switching between TV and Gamepad play doesn't stack up against multitouch.

There is much more than that which separates it from that of an iPad or any android/windows tablet.

He shouldn't be comparing them to begin with. Multitouch adds plenty of options by the way, not just for gaming.

By the way, I have no issues with the WiiU. 

This debate isn't about doing more or less than a real tablet but about doing different things. In this context I already provided different things that the uPad can do over the others so I don't see how there is room for interpretation.

He says it can do things the others can't. I'm saying that isn't a one way street.

Everything can be open for interpretation too. Just look no further than this thread and people interpreting what he meant by dramatically better. Now saying he could mean future titles, even though we know he was talking about current titles thanks to him mentioning CoD.

It isntthat big a deal. I'm just pointing out what I think on his answers.

He says it can do things the others can't. I'm saying that isn't a one way street.

Bolded is what Reggie said, the rest is what you added. He didn't say "The uPad can do everything the others do plus some more". He never said that, that's the bottom line. Marketing speech has to be analyzed very very literal.

I agree. My point was for her to say that in response to bust his chops. Seems I busted yours instead.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
F0X said:
ethomaz said:

F0X said:

From the article people keep pointing out, the versions are about the same but the Wii U version doesn't have the v-sync issues of the 360 version. It's not dramatically better like he said, but he does have access to information that we don't. I think this could be interpreted as a stealth hint at what we can expect from post-launch games.

What articles?

That says otherwise: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

PS. A game suposed to run at 60fps falling in 32 or 26fps.

That's the article. Visually the Wii U is pretty much on par (with the only discernable difference being v-sync issues on the 360 version), according to what the article says, but the performance is definitely not. My original post was more or less correct. Technically the Wii U version is (by a hair) visually superior, but doesn't compare performance-wise. Basically I'm saying that Reggie isn't being honest, and I'm putting a light on the facts behind his statement.

Hmm. "Like CoD" is an interesting choice of words...

tearing = performance. It doesn't make wii u version "visually superior".

and bo2 on 360 only has 1% screen tearing.  i doubt you will even notice it.

That's interesting. I was sure that the article was only measuring performance in FPS, but I guess this means Treyarch managed to make one single, small improvement in one small aspect of performance. I'm guessing they're not so good at prioritization.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

It's a lie for COD, but even though the CPU is the bottle-neck, with the GPGPU games could be optimized to perform better than last gen I believe. Remember guys, it's a straight port with little to no optimization.

Give it time. Though I agree it's incorrect.

@NSanity. Great article, thx.

The online communities of COD on the PS3 and 360 with next gen consoles with more enhanced online systems than they already have. Yeah, no ones moving a muscle to Nintendo. 

Mmmfishtacos said:
Chandler said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Chandler said:

He said the game looks better. It indeed does look better than the PS3 version, the DF comparison says this. Reggie didn't say anything about performance. Yes, the "dramatically" was overselling. Guess it's the new 4D, huh?

Theres arugments about DF installing the textur pack. Most think they didn't.

Speculation is speculation. Either way, both running from the disc is what I consider "equal grounds". Especially since there is a 12GB PS3 model on the market.

Many owns have said it's on par with the xbox version. Just because there might be a hand full of 12gb in one region doesn't mean you can discount millions of other ps3 that can handle the install which im sure the 12gb can. Far ground is anything the console can do. PS3 you can load a texture pack, Not the ps3 fault it didn't happen on other consoles.

You must be thinking of Lens Of Truth, because Digital Foundry dont fuck around with comparisons.

Around the Network

Ah, Reggie! You disappoint me.

loy310 said:
bananaking21 said:
riggie is so full of shit, not just this but everything that comes out of his mouth is just pure bullshit and arrogance

Lol, I said that to a former boss a few years ago when he tried to blame me for something I did not do. I told him his breath smells like shit because everything that comes out of his mouth is shit. 

Ot: Reggie has to sell that expensive console some how, I don't blame him. Next year Sony and Microsoft will be on CNN pulling the same stunt.

lool you really said that? thats bad ass :P and if the WiiU is as awesome and "innovative" as he claims he wouldnt need to lie to sell it

bananaking21 said:
loy310 said:
bananaking21 said:
riggie is so full of shit, not just this but everything that comes out of his mouth is just pure bullshit and arrogance

Lol, I said that to a former boss a few years ago when he tried to blame me for something I did not do. I told him his breath smells like shit because everything that comes out of his mouth is shit. 

Ot: Reggie has to sell that expensive console some how, I don't blame him. Next year Sony and Microsoft will be on CNN pulling the same stunt.

lool you really said that? thats bad ass :P and if the WiiU is as awesome and "innovative" as he claims he wouldnt need to lie to sell it

Tell that to every single politic and business man. There job is focused on lying from time to time.

Nintendo and PC gamer

bananaking21 said:

bold is so retardulous. What does framerate have anything to do with innovation and awesomeness, other than just an added satisfaction in responsiveness...

If there are awesome games suited for it, the system is awesome. If it has an awesome padlet, it's both awesome and innovative.

Geezsh

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The online communities of COD on the PS3 and 360 with next gen consoles with more enhanced online systems than they already have. Yeah, no ones moving a muscle to Nintendo. 

Except those who might want to have more fun in local multiplayer. Those will move a muscle I think.