By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

Perhaps third party devs just don't have the right amount of resources to really dedicate a lot of time doing Quality control to make sure that their games look better on Nintendo platforms.

Proof:
Best looking games on Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword

Xenoblade was gorgeous but lacked a lot in terms of maximizing Wii's potential for textures...

vs

Around the Network
blackstarr said:
Perhaps third party devs just don't have the right amount of resources to really dedicate a lot of time doing Quality control to make sure that their games look better on Nintendo platforms.

Proof:
Best looking games on Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword

Xenoblade was gorgeous but lacked a lot in terms of maximizing Wii's potential for textures...

vs

Xenoblade is first party. Nintendo owns Monolithsoft.

I also believ those shots are off an emulator. Xenoblade isn't that clean looking and neither is Zelda.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ethomaz said:

F0X said:

From the article people keep pointing out, the versions are about the same but the Wii U version doesn't have the v-sync issues of the 360 version. It's not dramatically better like he said, but he does have access to information that we don't. I think this could be interpreted as a stealth hint at what we can expect from post-launch games.

What articles?

That says otherwise: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

PS. A game suposed to run at 60fps falling in 32 or 26fps.

That's the article. Visually the Wii U is pretty much on par (with the only discernable difference being v-sync issues on the 360 version), according to what the article says, but the performance is definitely not. My original post was more or less correct. Technically the Wii U version is (by a hair) visually superior, but doesn't compare performance-wise. Basically I'm saying that Reggie isn't being honest, and I'm putting a light on the facts behind his statement.

Hmm. "Like CoD" is an interesting choice of words...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
When he said their "tablet" can do things the competitors can't she should have hit him with multitouch.

So you pick one thing the Wii U pad doesn't have and ignore the advantages alltogether? That's sounds reasonable. I guess proper gaming controls, lag free streaming and seamless switching between TV and Gamepad play doesn't stack up against multitouch.

There is much more than that which separates it from that of an iPad or any android/windows tablet.

He shouldn't be comparing them to begin with. Multitouch adds plenty of options by the way, not just for gaming.

By the way, I have no issues with the WiiU. 

This debate isn't about doing more or less than a real tablet but about doing different things. In this context I already provided different things that the uPad can do over the others so I don't see how there is room for interpretation.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

The man doing his job, why is everybody so mad about it? not like if he is the first business man saying something like this...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
When he said their "tablet" can do things the competitors can't she should have hit him with multitouch.

So you pick one thing the Wii U pad doesn't have and ignore the advantages alltogether? That's sounds reasonable. I guess proper gaming controls, lag free streaming and seamless switching between TV and Gamepad play doesn't stack up against multitouch.

There is much more than that which separates it from that of an iPad or any android/windows tablet.

He shouldn't be comparing them to begin with. Multitouch adds plenty of options by the way, not just for gaming.

This debate isn't about doing more or less than a real tablet but about doing different things. In this context I already provided different things that the uPad can do over the others so I don't see how there is room for interpretation.

He says it can do things the others can't. I'm saying that isn't a one way street.

Everything can be open for interpretation too. Just look no further than this thread and people interpreting what he meant by dramatically better. Now saying he could mean future titles, even though we know he was talking about current titles thanks to him mentioning CoD.

It isntthat big a deal. I'm just pointing out what I think on his answers.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

face it people, he doesn't know!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I hope all of CNN's viewers' bodies were ready when they watched that interview.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:

He says it can do things the others can't. I'm saying that isn't a one way street.

Everything can be open for interpretation too. Just look no further than this thread and people interpreting what he meant by dramatically better. Now saying he could mean future titles, even though we know he was talking about current titles thanks to him mentioning CoD.

It isntthat big a deal. I'm just pointing out what I think on his answers.

Bolded is what Reggie said, the rest is what you added. He didn't say "The uPad can do everything the others do plus some more". He never said that, that's the bottom line. Marketing speech has to be analyzed very very literal.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

F0X said:
ethomaz said:

F0X said:

From the article people keep pointing out, the versions are about the same but the Wii U version doesn't have the v-sync issues of the 360 version. It's not dramatically better like he said, but he does have access to information that we don't. I think this could be interpreted as a stealth hint at what we can expect from post-launch games.

What articles?

That says otherwise: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

PS. A game suposed to run at 60fps falling in 32 or 26fps.

That's the article. Visually the Wii U is pretty much on par (with the only discernable difference being v-sync issues on the 360 version), according to what the article says, but the performance is definitely not. My original post was more or less correct. Technically the Wii U version is (by a hair) visually superior, but doesn't compare performance-wise. Basically I'm saying that Reggie isn't being honest, and I'm putting a light on the facts behind his statement.

Hmm. "Like CoD" is an interesting choice of words...

tearing = performance. It doesn't make wii u version "visually superior".

and bo2 on 360 only has 1% screen tearing.  i doubt you will even notice it.