By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

M.U.G.E.N said:
HappySqurriel said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
o_O.Q said:
HappySqurriel said:
Realistically, at this point in time we haven't seen anything to support his argument but he probably has seen games that will be released late next year which might validate his argument ...

he specificied CoD

Playing devil's advocate ... Did he say Black Ops 2?

what other CoD is there on wii u?

My bet is next years version ...

Obviously, what he was saying was misleading and the assumption a reasonable person would make is BO2 looks better on the Wii U, I'm just pointing out that next years Call of Duty will probably be on the Wii U and may be visually better than the 360 or PS3 version.

haha come on man..listen to yourself. I doubt the next COD is anywhere near the final stages to be even compared! I doubt he has seen anything of it as well. The guy just outright lied and got caught. Similar to the it's not the same game it's not the same content nonsense durng E3 (I think it was E3)

I know what he said was inaccurate, but (realistically) all of these companies do it ... Remember Microsoft's DirectX 10 sales pitch?

They took (one of) the most technically backwards DirectX 9 games (Halo which was built around the XBox and saw a rough port to the PC years later) and compared it against one of the most teachnical advanced DirectX 10 games that required a system that was (well over) 10 times as powerful simply to run.

I was pointing out that most marketing is slimy and slippery and they try to make the most outrageous claims they can make without directly lying. Realistically Reggie probably has seen third party games that will be released next year and probably feels comfortable making that claim today; even though what he said isn't correct.

Around the Network

nintendo are making themselves look stupid. whos gonna be impressed by wii u having better graphics than 6-7 year old consoles? if it has better graphics than the next playstation and xbox than they can boast about it.

HappySqurriel said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

haha come on man..listen to yourself. I doubt the next COD is anywhere near the final stages to be even compared! I doubt he has seen anything of it as well. The guy just outright lied and got caught. Similar to the it's not the same game it's not the same content nonsense durng E3 (I think it was E3)

I know what he said was inaccurate, but (realistically) all of these companies do it ... Remember Microsoft's DirectX 10 sales pitch?

They took (one of) the most technically backwards DirectX 9 games (Halo which was built around the XBox and saw a rough port to the PC years later) and compared it against one of the most teachnical advanced DirectX 10 games that required a system that was (well over) 10 times as powerful simply to run.

I was pointing out that most marketing is slimy and slippery and they try to make the most outrageous claims they can make without directly lying. Realistically Reggie probably has seen third party games that will be released next year and probably feels comfortable making that claim today; even though what he said isn't correct.

Now you are moving on to something entirely different. And yes others do bs like this too and they get called out for it as well. Doesn't make outright lying like this acceptable.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

False.

Best version: 360 (better graphics and performance)

Between Wii and PS3: best graphics (Wii U) / best performance (PS3)

He's right.

But CoD doesn't perform better.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Reggie was lying about CoD looking dramatically better on WiiU, but telling the truth about the U being much more graphically capable. I guess he was trying to emphatically shoot down the false staement by the interviewer that the system is "on par" with the exsisting options. Truth is, if you tell most people that CoD looks better on U, they will believe it or convince themselves of it. Most don't care or can't tell.

F0X said:
He's right.

No. Even in visuals the Wii U version can't top the 360... in  performance the 360 and PS3 versions are another game... anyway the 360 version is the best one (visual ans performance).

ethomaz said:
F0X said:
He's right.

No. Even in visuals the Wii U version can't top the 360... in  performance the 360 and PS3 versions are another game... anyway the 360 version is the best one (visual ans performance).

From the article people keep pointing out, the versions are about the same but the Wii U version doesn't have the v-sync issues of the 360 version. It's not dramatically better like he said, but he does have access to information that we don't. I think this could be interpreted as a stealth hint at what we can expect from post-launch games.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Chandler said:
Euphoria14 said:
When he said their "tablet" can do things the competitors can't she should have hit him with multitouch.

So you pick one thing the Wii U pad doesn't have and ignore the advantages alltogether? That's sounds reasonable. I guess proper gaming controls, lag free streaming and seamless switching between TV and Gamepad play doesn't stack up against multitouch.

There is much more than that which separates it from that of an iPad or any android/windows tablet.

He shouldn't be comparing them to begin with. Multitouch adds plenty of options by the way, not just for gaming.

By the way, I have no issues with the WiiU. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

F0X said:

From the article people keep pointing out, the versions are about the same but the Wii U version doesn't have the v-sync issues of the 360 version. It's not dramatically better like he said, but he does have access to information that we don't. I think this could be interpreted as a stealth hint at what we can expect from post-launch games.

What articles?

That says otherwise: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

PS. A game suposed to run at 60fps falling in 32 or 26fps.