By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

Oh Reggie... What are you doing?

As for how the rest of the thread went, you've never truly been a local MP gamer until you've considered something like this, which the separate screen setup should do rather well.

VGChartz

Around the Network

I can't believe there's a discussion (currently) 18 pages long with regards to Reggie saying WiiU is awesome and way better than the competition, even if it isn't demonstrably true. Where have you people been since... well, videogames. BLAST PROCESSING!!!!! TRUE 16-BIT!!!!! 64-BIT!!!! TOY STORY GRAPHICS!!!!!!! RRRRIIIIIIIDGEEEEEE RAAAAACERRRRRRRR!!!!!

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Lol. This year they do.

Next year.........

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Crono141 said:
I can't believe there's a discussion (currently) 18 pages long with regards to Reggie saying WiiU is awesome and way better than the competition, even if it isn't demonstrably true. Where have you people been since... well, videogames. BLAST PROCESSING!!!!! TRUE 16-BIT!!!!! 64-BIT!!!! TOY STORY GRAPHICS!!!!!!! RRRRIIIIIIIDGEEEEEE RAAAAACERRRRRRRR!!!!!

I see what you mean, but there is a big difference between marketing bullshit and flat out lying. The Atari Jaguar was still technically 64-bit, but Call of Duty doesn't look significantly better on the Wii U, not even marginally better, and this isn't factoring in performance.

Also, what's wrong with RRRRIIIIIDDDGGEEE RRRAAACCERRRR?

Almost all of that was flat out bullshit. And Jaguar was NOT 64 bit. It was 4x 16 bit processors in parallel. Bits do not scale this way. Blast processing was BS, as was the claim from Nintendo that the SNES was true 16 bit. Toy Story Graphics, really?

And RRRRIIIIIDDDGGEEE RRRAAACCERRRR was just an example of trying to spin lukewarm reception into something other than a total embarrassment. Kinda like Reggie did in the interview. "Looks better" is a matter of opinion, but comparing the shots the WiiU version looks sharper than the PS3 version. It looks washed out by comparison, but I think it looks better "washed out". I don't know how the game performs in motion because I don't own it, and if I did I'd get the PC version.

Point is, he's just doing his job.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Around the Network

Why the fuck is CNN talking about a video game console...

yes many people lie sometimes to sell their products but there is a difference for me betweeen "our console has soooo much power" which is maybe not true but expected that they say it or if someone is talking about the competition saying the game looks better as the same on the competitions console which is a whole different story for me because with that he is talking crap about the same game for the competitions consoles

did microsoft or sony ever say something like that about a multi-plat game even if it wasn't true? i really can't remember and i think that's one of the reasons why this is such a big deal for some here. sony or microsoft probably say how great their products are but not that the same game is looking better as on the competitions console if it isn't true.

so, praising your own stuff is ok even if it may not be 100% true but downplaying the competition with a lie is not ok. i mean, with that line he said "third-party games like cod look dramatically worse on other systems"

bananaking21 said:
happydolphin said:
bananaking21 said:

lool you really said that? thats bad ass :P and if the WiiU is as awesome and "innovative" as he claims he wouldnt need to lie to sell it

bold is so retardulous. What does framerate have anything to do with innovation and awesomeness, other than just an added satisfaction in responsiveness...

If there are awesome games suited for it, the system is awesome. If it has an awesome padlet, it's both awesome and innovative.

Geezsh

huh? when did i or riggie say anything about framerate? its about how the game looks on the WiiU and how riggie straight out lied. people here justified that he is just trying to sell his console, but he could have answered a million other truethfull answers that would have been acceptable, but he chose to lie to try sell it

I don't have an issue with any of your reply, and the others who posted it, I have an issue with your initial post. You didn't address anything I said, just shifted the goal posts.

How does how the game looks have anything to do with innovation and awesomeness? They are second priority to gameplay and story, which are in no way at a disadvantage on the U.

Now no more shifting goalposts. You said awesomeness and innovation, I want to know what about the WiiU fails there.

@happydolphin

for many people, graphics means awesomeness and for many, graphic is more important as story, heck i know people who skip videosequences if they can even on first playthrough.

but no clue what this has to to woth innovation.

^k, that helps.