By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SirPainsalot said:

I need to know why people are making a big deal out of this.

You have to express confidence in your product, you can't say "well it looks similar on the other consoles"
It's seriously like the first time people have heard of PR talk... The overreaction is killing me.

So spinning the truth is ok? The Woman from CNN may not know it but she had Reggie cornered when she said the new Playstation and Xbox are coming out next year and asked how the Wii U would deal with that. He ducked out of that one good and the lady never thought to press him further.

It's not surprising is what I'm saying. People seemed to be shocked and in an uproar that Reggie told a lie or a mistruth.

Around the Network
SirPainsalot said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SirPainsalot said:

I need to know why people are making a big deal out of this.

You have to express confidence in your product, you can't say "well it looks similar on the other consoles"
It's seriously like the first time people have heard of PR talk... The overreaction is killing me.

So spinning the truth is ok? The Woman from CNN may not know it but she had Reggie cornered when she said the new Playstation and Xbox are coming out next year and asked how the Wii U would deal with that. He ducked out of that one good and the lady never thought to press him further.

It's not surprising is what I'm saying. People seemed to be shocked and in an uproar that Reggie told a lie or a mistruth.

He did a spin and dodged questions about the next gen, then he made it look like the Wii U version of the game was the superior experience when sales will dictate otherwise. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

superior experience when sales will dictate otherwise. 

You must be new to VGC, where sales don't dictate quality.

Welcome to VGC.

People can debate which console Call of Duty looks better on, and the video, but there are 2 really simple points to take from this:

1) Even if the WiiU version looks better, it is by such a small margin that it is barely even noticeable, even debatable if it is or not, so saying "drastically improved" was indeed a false claim, like it or not. It's just PR.

2)The reporter is also incorrect in saying the WiiU is simply "on par" with the Xbox 360 and the PS3. The WiiU just hit the market, the tech is 6 years newer than the 7th gen twins, and its unfair to say that a direct port of one game at launch represents all that the WiiU is capable of. She attempted to downplay the console, so Reggie had to come right back at her, even if it meant stretching the truth/lying. What else could he do?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
__XBrawlX__ said:
People can debate which console Call of Duty looks better on, and the video, but there are 2 really simple points to take from this:

1) Even if the WiiU version looks better, it is by such a small margin that it is barely even noticeable, even debatable if it is or not, so saying "drastically improved" was indeed a false claim, like it or not. It's just PR.

2)The reporter is also incorrect in saying the WiiU is simply "on par" with the Xbox 360 and the PS3. The WiiU just hit the market, the tech is 6 years newer than the 7th gen twins, and its unfair to say that a direct port of one game at launch represents all that the WiiU is capable of. She attempted to downplay the console, so Reggie had to come right back at her, even if it meant stretching the truth/lying. What else could he do?

Maybe have said exactly what you said in the second point. Which still may not even be correct, but it was a hell of a lot better (we're on 1st gen Wii U games, we'll see better stuff later) than flat out lying.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
__XBrawlX__ said:

Maybe have said exactly what you said in the second point. Which still may not even be correct, but it was a hell of a lot better (we're on 1st gen Wii U games, we'll see better stuff later) than flat out lying.

It may be better in terms of you or me having a discussion about the WiiU's power here on the forums, but how would it look if the President of Nintendo of America agreed with what she was saying about the brand new console his company is depending on to succeed. Even if he explained what I just said in my second point (Which I most definitely believe to be true) it would be a weak response. He needed to come back at her strong, because bottom line is, the man gets paid to make Nintendo look good, and to most people who would see that, without being completely informed will believe it. It was probably the most effective thing he could do. I'm not saying its what he should've done from my view point, but if you were in his position, it would be very hard to say, that when faced with a statement like that about your company's new product, that you wouldn't snap right back with whatever you could, to try and save face.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

He shouldn't have been surprised by that question to begin with.

It's natural that people are going to ask the graphics question and bring up PS4/720 which are rumored to launch next year.

NOA should have a better response baked and ready to go than this.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Reggie is a charismatic guy, but he can't fool a gamer. He can fool a casual for sure though and if I was him I would be focused on them because thats where the majority of Nintendos money came from last gen.

Amazing how self-aggrandising and elitist some gamers can be...

False advertising should not be tolerated no matter who does it. I read an article the other day about an ad for a mascara (or whatever it's called) that was pulled in the UK because the model's eyelashes were edited and could never look as long as in the ad. I hope this becomes the norm.

happydolphin said:
bananaking21 said:

lool you really said that? thats bad ass :P and if the WiiU is as awesome and "innovative" as he claims he wouldnt need to lie to sell it

bold is so retardulous. What does framerate have anything to do with innovation and awesomeness, other than just an added satisfaction in responsiveness...

If there are awesome games suited for it, the system is awesome. If it has an awesome padlet, it's both awesome and innovative.

Geezsh

huh? when did i or riggie say anything about framerate? its about how the game looks on the WiiU and how riggie straight out lied. people here justified that he is just trying to sell his console, but he could have answered a million other truethfull answers that would have been acceptable, but he chose to lie to try sell it