By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

Oh Reggie, lying like a true president!

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:
Look at all these Sony Boys on here getting all mad lol. Reggies doing his damned job.....take a pill.
Just cant resist taking a jab at WII U eh?

His job is to straight-up lie in an interview? I don't think so.

She sure did her homework and asked all the tough questions - really troubling to see him straight out lying like that.

*reads OP*

Its manipulation of the facts. While COD may not be graphically superior on the Wii U in 9/10 categories, it might be superior in 1/10 allowing Reggie to make that claim. People do it all the time, which is why im always shocked people even watch news channels.

I would take it more seriously if it was on the Daily Show of the Colbert Report as they actually do detailed fact checking of everything that's on the show and even reference their sources on air. CNN and Fox News and CBC etc etc all just have "educated" people speaking their opinions on the fly. Especially when they are doing a debate or an interview.

Around the Network

Reggie forgot the company line - graphics don't mean crap as long as they're HD.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

That's the article. Visually the Wii U is pretty much on par (with the only discernable difference being v-sync issues on the 360 version), according to what the article says, but the performance is definitely not. My original post was more or less correct. Technically the Wii U version is (by a hair) visually superior, but doesn't compare performance-wise. Basically I'm saying that Reggie isn't being honest, and I'm putting a light on the facts behind his statement.

Hmm. "Like CoD" is an interesting choice of words...

So if a game have amazing graphcis runnning at 1 fps then it have better visual??? I guessed it was a sum of either graphcis + performance... even so the article says the Wii U is not visually superior.

ethomaz said:

F0X said:

That's the article. Visually the Wii U is pretty much on par (with the only discernable difference being v-sync issues on the 360 version), according to what the article says, but the performance is definitely not. My original post was more or less correct. Technically the Wii U version is (by a hair) visually superior, but doesn't compare performance-wise. Basically I'm saying that Reggie isn't being honest, and I'm putting a light on the facts behind his statement.

Hmm. "Like CoD" is an interesting choice of words...

So if a game have amazing graphcis runnning at 1 fps then it have better visual??? I guessed it was a sum of either graphcis + performance... even so the article says the Wii U is not visually superior.

The article in question makes a distinction between visual quality and actual performance.

Anyway, you're being hyperbolic. At the worst, the Wii U version falls around the 30 FPS mark, which is not far behind the PS3 version of the game. All versions fail to meet the "locked 60 FPS" goal quite miserably.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

The article in question makes a distinction between visual quality and actual performance.

Anyway, you're being hyperbolic. At the worst, the Wii U version falls around the 30 FPS mark, which is not far behind the PS3 version of the game. All versions fail to meet the "locked 60 FPS" goal quite miserably.

I think 15 fps is far behind PS3 version... Wii U can't hold over 30 fps in many moments.

I thought I've gone over how horrible and not fun it would be for the person who is playing on the game pad. Small screen vs big screen. Do they at least have the split screen option or is the game pad the only choice?