By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

M.U.G.E.N said:
yes..adds value = fun. Gotcha. I have no solid argument against that solid notion.

and if someone asks me if I have played something I would say yes or no

And if someone tells you you don't understand what local MP is or what makes it fun?

Plz dont' be so abrasive next time, I wasn't fighting anybody.

Around the Network

sigh now you see if I actually respond to that properly this is not gonna end...so let's just leave it at this shall we?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
sigh now you see if I actually respond to that properly this is not gonna end...so let's just leave it at this shall we?

:( sure

Fusioncode said:
Oh Reggie, you're not on Fox news...

If it had been FOX News it would have been appropriate to say COD: BO2 is exclusive to WiiU.

M.U.G.E.N said:
F0X said:

M.U.G.E.N said:

it depends on the game. I play UC3 MP a lot. You have no idea where the other players are and that's part of the design and what makes it fun. In COd you are already given a map view with the other players on it...so it's just a different approach to gameplay. People/teams try to outsmart each other. It's a twitch shooter (I have seen some argue against this) and is benefited from splitscreen in local MP. BF3 is different to both of these games and is fun for different reasons.

I can agree with that to an extent. I've heard complaints about how Assassin's Creed has no split-screen multiplayer, but I know for a fact it would be ruinous. In fact, now that I think of it, Wii U would be a pretty decent platform for, say, two-player local matches if Ubisoft actually felt like implementing that feature in the Wii U version of an AC game.

But really, the option to not have splitscreen multiplayer for CoD is not bad by any means. It could add a whole new layer of "holy crap where did you come from?" aspect that actually might make it even twitchier. But hey, it's just an option dependant on the preference of the persons playing.

oh without a doubt. As I just told happyD, having more options in gameplay is always a great thing and the dev should be praised for that. I just don't see how that option would make it more fun and would entice the COD crowd as the initial post I was referring to would suggest

I admit I have not played much of AC Multiplayer to judge. But from what I have played and seen you are absolutely right...I can't see that game benefiting from local splitscreen. (I have not played local..had no idea it wasn't splitscreen)...I see that game more simiar to something like UC3. 

Yes, I don't think that option alone would be enough to woo some gamers. It's an interesting way to use the GamePad to change the flavor of CoD's multiplayer, which is good, but calling it inherently better or more fun would be wrong. It's all dependant on how the players would prefer to play CoD.

AC's multiplayer is highly dependent on not knowing where your opponents are. You must find and kill them among a crowd, and the ability to screenpeek would take the element of stealth and strategy out of it and make it more of a skill-based experience. CoD is probably not so dependant on sneaking around (depending on how one prefers to play it), so it won't matter nearly as much.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Liar liar pants on fire.

archbrix said:
Fusioncode said:

If it had been FOX News it would have been appropriate to say COD: BO2 is exclusive to WiiU.

Fox news would've used the word terrorism at least once in their interview with Nintendo. They would also attack Nintendo for straying from their family roots.

He tells nothing but the truth.

Look at all these Sony Boys on here getting all mad lol. Reggies doing his damned job.....take a pill.
Just cant resist taking a jab at WII U eh?

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

S.T.A.G.E. said:
archbrix said:
Fusioncode said:

Fox news would've used the word terrorism at least once in their interview with Nintendo. They would also attack Nintendo for straying from their family roots.

Good idea. I'll submit it to my boss.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero