By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

"3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on our system"

He never said gfx, perhaps he likes the colour palette of the WiiU version better.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

F0X said:

The article in question makes a distinction between visual quality and actual performance.

Anyway, you're being hyperbolic. At the worst, the Wii U version falls around the 30 FPS mark, which is not far behind the PS3 version of the game. All versions fail to meet the "locked 60 FPS" goal quite miserably.

I think 15 fps is far behind PS3 version... Wii U can't hold over 30 fps in many moments.

The Wii U version is most oftenly within a 10 fps range above or below the PS3 version.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:

The Wii U version is most oftenly within a 10 fps range above or below the PS3 version.

It's not. The PS3 version run 90% of the time with fps above Wii U and the difference is bigger than 10 fps.

DarkD said:
Its manipulation of the facts. While COD may not be graphically superior on the Wii U in 9/10 categories, it might be superior in 1/10 allowing Reggie to make that claim. People do it all the time, which is why im always shocked people even watch news channels.

I would take it more seriously if it was on the Daily Show of the Colbert Report as they actually do detailed fact checking of everything that's on the show and even reference their sources on air. CNN and Fox News and CBC etc etc all just have "educated" people speaking their opinions on the fly. Especially when they are doing a debate or an interview.

Reggie used the word "drammatically". It's not even slightly better. This isn't just a little white lie, its the kind of lie that makes people doubt everything you say in the future.

ethomaz said:

F0X said:

It's not. The PS3 version run 90% of the time with fps above Wii U and the difference is bigger than 10 fps.

From the video, I see that the difference is within 10 fps about 75% of the time. There are even some moments when it rises above the PS3 version.

Point being, the performance isn't as good, but it's stable enough that the people who notice the most are the ones who play them side by side for an extended period of time.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

It has split or multi screen - choice.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

I know Reggie is doing his job to sell the product, but good Lord, he's laying it thick... and too thick that we, the gamers, notice it. -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
TripleMMM said:
I know Reggie is doing his job to sell the product, but good Lord, he's laying it thick... and too thick that we, the gamers, notice it. -_-'

We'll that means he did his job well. The CNN lady shut up so that tells you she is not a gamer and the majority watching are probably middle aged people who dont game, but might want to get it for their kids.

I don't fault Reggie for anything that he says or does. Iwata makes all major decisions, sometimes in consultation with Miyamoto, but regardless, Reggie can only do or say what Iwata tells him to do or say. Reggie tries to get Americans to buy Japanese products. That's his job.

im destructed with his mario pin.... i want one