By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How something can come from nothing

Slimebeast said:

It's sad how atheists try to rationalize the concept that something came out of nothing.

"a sea of random spontaneous energy"

"the laws didn't exist before matter so we can ignore these laws"

"There are infinite possibilites that could have created these laws"

"There's a balance between matter and anti-matter so a universe could pop up anywhere anytime"

"there could be an infinite amount of universes which makes it plausible for our particular universe to come into being"

True. It reminds me a saying: A person who believes in nothing will believe anything

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
Nem said:

Ding dong.

Correct. The laws of the universe only come into place when you have particles that interact with each other. They are not infinite. They depend on each particle and the effect that particle has in the others. Be it an atom or dark matter.

Something coming from nothing is hard to believe cause we think orderly, but in fact the universe is a place of chaos. The interaction between the particles is what makes it look orderly, in a certain way.

Nothing can't be chaotic that's a contradiction in terms and what your describing is quantum vacuum which is in fact caused from the Big Bang singularity and actual had point of birth in existence.

Yes and no. There are two "nothing" here that cause confusion. "Nothing" the definition of the word wich means the absence of something and the "nothing" the belief of what was there before the big bang. The second one is not proven to be actually nothing, nor do we actualy have empirical examples of what nothing is. The definition of the word is therefore something that can change based on that.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Slimebeast said:

It's sad how atheists try to rationalize the concept that something came out of nothing.

"There's a balance between matter and anti-matter so a universe could pop up anywhere anytime"

"there could be an infinite amount of universes which makes it plausible for our particular universe to come into being"

True. It reminds me a saying: A person who believes in nothing will believe anything

It must be nice, to live in a world where you think everything is explained in simple terms. Just close your eyes to what you dont know and you're all set.

Jay520 said:
Roma said:

1.) the point I'm making is that someone needs to form them in a form of two glasses. this goes to every thing in the universe! nothing can become something without guidance I mean I cant just through a bunch of wood and hope a bookshelf will build its self right?

2.) how I know? well there are prophesies that are coming true yet have been written 1400 years ago. how can I not believe in things predicted to happen in that time frame and in to the future when they are happening everyday?

but this will take a lot of time to explain. I might do that tomorrow if your interested.

3.) well it was not designed to live in that crack but it was designed to grow in dirt so wherever the seed falls and if the circumstances are right then it will grow. so that aria was not for it but because of the dirt it was designed to grow in it managed to do so for a short period. I'm not designed to have parasites on my body but the parasites are designed to jump on any body that they can suck on

4.) how to define a soul... your life, consciousness

1.) Yes, people must create a glass. Yes, some things are created by humans. But there are many more things not created by humans. People do not create planets, water, the sun, etc. so I don't see how this goes to every thing in the universe. Using that one example to explain the universe doesn't work because that one example doesn't make sense for everything else in the universe.

2.) What are these prophesies? Please, tell me.

3.) We're not talking about what the plant was designed to do. We're talking about what the sidewalk was designed to do. The sidewalk was not designed for plants, clearly. Just like the universe was not designed for life. Considering life is just barely hospitable in a very tiny part of the universe and it'll only be hospitable for a very short amount of time.

4.) How does life/consciousness prove God? Just because we cannot explain something today doesn't mean we should just jump and say "God did it!" That just means we don't know currently. There were plenty of things we didn't know in the past. Did that mean God did it? No, it just took us a while to learn more about the universe, ourselves, etc.

1: the point of the matter is even if there is material out there it can't become something on its own without someone putting it together! People can't create planets? you don't say :O. very simple concept that is applied to everything. even if you have materiel out there its just materiel until someone puts it together and forms something out of it!

2: some examples in no particular order.
1: "when the slave gives birth to the master" that means o mother gives birth to her child and that child later becomes like her master ordering her to bring him food, buy him toys e.t.c and you see that happening allot.
2: when homosexuality becomes normal and it is acceptable to marry same sex partners.
3: when the worlds catastrophes increase, like earthquakes, hurricanes, huge forest fires as well as climate change.

3: ok sure but how does that disprove Gods existence?

4: how can you be so sure that God did not make it?

let's just agree to disagree because whatever you through at me will not make any sense since nothing by it's own can decide to become something no matter how many billion years you give it, it will still just be broken glass!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

makes more sense to me then a almighty god creating anything.

i mean think about it, why would a being that knows everything even create anything? it would already know what would happen if it did, there is absolutely no reason to do it at all.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Roma said:

1: the point of the matter is even if there is material out there it can't become something on its own without someone putting it together! People can't create planets? you don't say :O. very simple concept that is applied to everything. even if you have materiel out there its just materiel until someone puts it together and forms something out of it!

2: some examples in no particular order.
1: "when the slave gives birth to the master" that means o mother gives birth to her child and that child later becomes like her master ordering her to bring him food, buy him toys e.t.c and you see that happening allot.
2: when homosexuality becomes normal and it is acceptable to marry same sex partners.
3: when the worlds catastrophes increase, like earthquakes, hurricanes, huge forest fires as well as climate change.

3: ok sure but how does that disprove Gods existence?

4: how can you be so sure that God did not make it?

let's just agree to disagree because whatever you through at me will not make any sense since nothing by it's own can decide to become something no matter how many billion years you give it, it will still just be broken glass!

1. I just gave you examples of materials that people don't put together. That concept is not applied to everything because humans aren't the creators of every formation.

And I gave you an example of material becoming something else without help from anyone else. Material such as dust and elements start off individually in the universe and eventually come together to form planets, stars, solar systems, etc. This is explained WITHOUT any human or God creator. 

2. Any moron could have predicted those things. There will be earthquakes? Seriously? I can tell you right now, "there will be earhtquakes in the future." And I would be right, but that doesn't make me a prophet. Also, a mother buying her child a toy means that she's a slave? Really?

3. The point didn't have anything to do with disproving God's existence. It was disproving your claim that the universe was perfect.

4. I'm not. But then again, I'm not sure Zeus didn't do it. That's why I don't make any claims about it. You are the one that says God did it. You are the one with the beliefs, not me.

There could have been a creator. But why do you believe he was an omnibeloved, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, creator and and why do you believe in one god rather than multiple?

Slimebeast said:

The difference between atheists and theists is atheists don't necessarily believe in any one theory. They consider all of them. Theists on the other hand stick to one specific theory (which is just as crazy as the others) without giving consideration to anything else.

Player1x3 said:

I didnt mention those traits lol. I was just talking about God in a simplefied way, i.e a higher power. Omni potence, science and benevolence were irrelevant (altho i do beleive God is atleast some of those characteristics)

Well, isn't this whole topic just a giant assumption? And you didnt really bring up a counter argument there

Cool then. I said multiple times that I can understand a belief in a creator. 

No, as I said earlier, I don't necessarily believe this. I just thought it was interesting.

The fact is we don't knows where the universe came from

Any scientists who tell you they do are stroking their own ego

BenVTrigger said:
The fact is we don't knows where the universe came from

Any scientists who tell you they do are stroking their own ego

We have a pretty good idea of where the Universe came from.  The problem is trying to explain the singularity of infinite energy where the universe expanded from and what triggered that mass of energy to expand out and begin forming into atoms.