By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How something can come from nothing

Stating that God created the Universe/Multiverse is not an explanation. HOW did God create it? You say God created everything, and we have established how planets/stars formed, so you're as clueless as the scientists. Offer an explanation, not a cause...that's completely irrelevant to the discussion...

Around the Network

lol. nothing creates its self, it is simply illogical!

I'm out!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

darkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:
The fact is we don't knows where the universe came from

Any scientists who tell you they do are stroking their own ego

We have a pretty good idea of where the Universe came from.  The problem is trying to explain the singularity of infinite energy where the universe expanded from and what triggered that mass of energy to expand out and begin forming into atoms.

Lol no

We cant even predict the exact weather for tomorrow and you expect me to bekieve we know what happened billions of years ago

Some of you put far too much faith in humanity.  Science books are re written every year because we really dont know jack shit about the universe.  As a whole our species is very stupid and in the infant stages of intelligence still.

Again anyone who tells you they know where the universe came from is talking out of their ass

BenVTrigger said:
darkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:

Any scientists who tell you they do are stroking their own ego

We have a pretty good idea of where the Universe came from.  The problem is trying to explain the singularity of infinite energy where the universe expanded from and what triggered that mass of energy to expand out and begin forming into atoms.

Lol no

We cant even predict the exact weather for tomorrow and you expect me to bekieve we know what happened billions of years ago

Some of you put far too much faith in humanity.  Science books are re written every year because we really dont know jack shit about the universe.  As a whole our species is very stupid and in the infant stages of intelligence still.

Again anyone who tells you they know where the universe came from is talking out of their ass

No, there's just a lot of evidence that supports the big bang.  No one can really tell what happened before it.

darkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:
. rkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:

Any scientists who tell you they do are stroking their  ego

Lol no

No, there's just a lot of evidence that supports the big bang.  No one can really tell what happened before it.

I get that but the big bang is an event.  A reaction.  It is not the answer to where the universe came from.  In fact we know so infantly little that who knows if this is even the only universe, the first universe, or the last universe.

My point is no human on earth knows the origin moment or the cause

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
darkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:
. rkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:

Lol no

I get that but the big bang is an event.  A reaction.  It is not the answer to where the universe came from.  In fact we know so infantly little that who knows if this is even the only universe, the first universe, or the last universe.

But that is the answer for where our Universe came from.  Started out as a mass of infinite energy, event happed causing the mass of energy to start converting itself into Hydrogen and other elements.  The question isn't how our Universe came to be as that's the most likely cause, but where did that mass of energy come from and what caused it to ignite?  That we have no answer too.

darkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:
darkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:
. rkknightkryta said:
BenVTrigger said:

Lol no

But that is the answer for where our Universe came from.  Started out as a mass of infinite energy, event happed causing the mass of energy to start converting itself into Hydrogen and other elements.  The question isn't how our Universe came to be as that's the most likely cause, but where did that mass of energy come from and what caused it to ignite?  That we have no answer too.

Its one in the same thing. Big Bgang isnt the origin as the universe existed prior to it just in a different state.  Thus Big Bang transformed the Universe it didnt create it.  For all we inow the Universe is infinite and goes through all sorts of different cycles.  We litteraly know nothing prior to Big Bang

BenVTrigger said:

Its one in the same thing. Big Bgang isnt the origin as the universe existed prior to it just in a different state.  Thus Big Bang transformed the Universe it didnt create it.  For all we inow the Universe is infinite and goes through all sorts of different cycles.  We litteraly know nothing prior to Big Bang

What if time was created at the same time as the big bang?

Jay520 said:
BenVTrigger said:

What if time was created at the same time as the big bang?

No, you need that conversion of energy so the singularity had to exist before something triggered it to expand out.  And to Ben, you're playing with Semantics, which is fair, but we have a good idea on where our universe came from.  We just don't know what created a singularity of, as my astrophysics teacher said, infinite mass (Not sure how infinite it can be if matter is finite in the universe).  Nor do we know what set it off to expand out.

I say you have to put something in to get something out, otherwise expect nothing

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018