By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 vs Gran Turismo 5

I had no idea GT5 had so many re-releases :0. I saw the academy edition (whatever that is) in ASDA for £15. I guess that's why it's legs are so good...

Around the Network

I can't get some points here...

There nothing different between the GT5 standard edition and XL, Spec II or Academy Edition... THEY ARE THE SAME GAME!!!

It's like Game of The Year Edition, Platinum Edition, etc... all games have these editions.

And for now GT5 have just one (yeap ONE) re-release (Spec II in Japan, XL in US and Academy Edition in EU).

PS. The re-release sold util Sep 2012 less than 600k units... the GT sales are more than 90% standard editions.

Too soon to tell. At this point anyone could end up winning, so I see no point in taking a baseless guess.

what is helping gran turismo 5 is heavy re releasing and bargain bin price

ZaneWane said:
what is helping gran turismo 5 is heavy re releasing and bargain bin price

Sorry... show me these re releases... there are just ONE like every other game (Halo games have it too)... ano more the sales of these unique re release is below 600k at Sep 2012.

And the price is $20 like every other two years old game.

Around the Network

GT5 will end with 2m more sales than halo 4.

ethomaz said:

There nothing different between the GT5 standard edition and XL, Spec II or Academy Edition... THEY ARE THE SAME GAME!!!

It's like Game of The Year Edition, Platinum Edition, etc... all games have these editions.

And for now GT5 have just one (yeap ONE) re-release (Spec II in Japan, XL in US and Academy Edition in EU).

PS. The re-release sold util Sep 2012 less than 600k units... the GT sales are more than 90% standard editions.

All games have those editions? I don't remeber Halo ever releasing a GOTY edition with all of it's map packs. Re releasing GOTY editions gives games a ton of legs because people buy them in 2 ways.

1. The people who didn't pick up the game between launch and the GOTY release can now go out and get the game 10-20 dolars cheaper with extra contant.

2. The people who already purchased the game and no DLC can now just go out and usaully get all the bundled DLC in the GOTY for cheaper than buying the individual DLC's.

I don't know how you can say a GOTY edition is the same exact game as the regular version. Their is more content in one over the other.

So here we have one game in Halo 4 that will not get a GOTY type re release going against GT5that has them.

Also where are you getting the numbers for XL, Spec II and Academy Edition sales?

MB1025 said:
ethomaz said:

All games have those editions? I don't remeber Halo ever releasing a GOTY edition with all of it's map packs. Re releasing GOTY editions gives games a ton of legs because people buy them in 2 ways.

1. The people who didn't pick up the game between launch and the GOTY release can now go out and get the game 10-20 dolars cheaper with extra contant.

2. The people who already purchased the game and no DLC can now just go out and usaully get all the bundled DLC in the GOTY for cheaper than buying the individual DLC's.

I don't know how you can say a GOTY edition is the same exact game as the regular version. Their is more content in one over the other.

So here we have one game in Halo 4 that will not get a GOTY type re release going against GT5that has them.

Also where are you getting the numbers for XL, Spec II and Academy Edition sales?

No matter what you say it is still the same game just with more content. Adding dlc and patches to a game doesn't change it into another game. This flipping of these versions to try to make GT5 seem like it has an unfair advantage over Halo is just not true.

MB1025 said:
ethomaz said:

I don't know if Halo 4 will receive another version or not... I'm just saying the XL/SpecII/Academy is the same GT5... not a re release like SFIV, SSFIV and SSFIVAE... it's the same game there are nothing more in the XL/SpecII/Academy... just the package is a better value deu the inclusivon of the DLC but you can buy the DLC for the standard edition too... so same game.

And it's not a lot of re release... it's just one with different names for Europe, US and Japan... a lot of game have re releases with one year in the market... I see a lot of GOTY Edition, Complete Edition, etc... that's common in the market.

About the sales... before the last update the XL, Academy and Spec II sales have splitted sales in the official site... now it's all together... the shipped sales was:

XL: 430k
Academy: 190k

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4870202

Now.......hypothetically, if MS rereleased Halo 4 for the next Xbox with next gen graphics, all Spartan Ops and map DLC preinstalled on-disc (which would be awesome!), would we count those sales as well? Id think so.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.