By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSB must be an amazing game!

JayWood2010 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
JayWood2010 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
When I've put more hours into PSASBR, I'll probably make a comparison thread between the two games, their strenghts and weaknesses.

If I had to give out my verdict right now, I'd go with Smash over PSASBR but I want more data before I make my final decision.

Seriously don't make a comarison thread, it is just going to piss people off.  Yesterday there was 4 threads locked comparing Forza and GT.  I dont see PSABR and SSB going any differently

Why not? I feel like I'm in a position to do a balanced thread. I know Brawl inside-out, I've played it for over 700 hours. Once I play enough of PSASBR, I'll be able to do an honest comparison.

And I believe you will do an honest comparison as you seem like a pretty cool person, but what is going to happen is if you say SSB is better then sony fans will get mad.  If you say Sony All Stars then Nintendo fans will get mad.  It's a lose lose situation.

What if he says it is a tie?  Would both sides still be pissed?

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
JayWood2010 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
JayWood2010 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
When I've put more hours into PSASBR, I'll probably make a comparison thread between the two games, their strenghts and weaknesses.

If I had to give out my verdict right now, I'd go with Smash over PSASBR but I want more data before I make my final decision.

Seriously don't make a comarison thread, it is just going to piss people off.  Yesterday there was 4 threads locked comparing Forza and GT.  I dont see PSABR and SSB going any differently

Why not? I feel like I'm in a position to do a balanced thread. I know Brawl inside-out, I've played it for over 700 hours. Once I play enough of PSASBR, I'll be able to do an honest comparison.

And I believe you will do an honest comparison as you seem like a pretty cool person, but what is going to happen is if you say SSB is better then sony fans will get mad.  If you say Sony All Stars then Nintendo fans will get mad.  It's a lose lose situation.

Probably because then people would try to convince him why one or the other is better

JayWood2010 said:
sethnintendo said:

Probably because then people would try to convince him why one or the other is better

The perfect set up thread for generating max posts. 

I loved it on the Gamecube, but thought it was crap on the Wii.

Dude, you gotta play SSBBrawl, it's my favorite of the three games in the series. Melee got me started on the series, but I still prefer Brawl. It's an amazing series. It's the series I've put the most time in. Over 1000 hours on Brawl alone.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

I spent in total 1200 hours playing Brawl with 3 other people, it's one of those games that doesn't get boring.

Awkward. I have no clue how you have never played smash....

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

sethnintendo said:
JayWood2010 said:
sethnintendo said:

The perfect set up thread for generating max posts. 

Pretty much lol

Of course SSB is an amazing game (well, at least the first one and Melee are. Brawl's got a ton of unlockables and the soundtrack is second to none, but the gameplay leaves something to be desired IMO.)

If SSB wasn't amazing, then Sony wouldn't have bothered copying it lol. I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner since SSB has been a huge franchise since the GC launched 11 years ago.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Melee was just faster than brawl to me I think that brawl is superior though. I need to play all stars though.