By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSB must be an amazing game!

I brought Ps all stars today and by golly it has exceeded my expectations in every shape and form, I invited 3 friends around to celebrate the launch and we played it for 7 hours straight! I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun playing video games!

Ps all stars gets alot of hate for being a ssb clone but I haven't played it so I don't know, all I can think is if ssb is better than PSASBR ( Thats what im lead to believe) then it must be amazing and I really wanna try it out. I know people were skeptical about the supers but I love them! its all about perfect timing and its so fun to watch your friend fail his level 1 super cause he got greedy :P

Super smash brother brawl metacritic : 93

Ps all stars: 76

Makes me want to try SSB if its that highly rated :)

Around the Network

Woah now! Don't go into SSB with battle royale in mind! Just go into SSB as if you are looking to see where the inspiration came from

I'm actually surprised that you haven't played it yet..

Who hasn't played Smash??

Boutros said:
Who hasn't played Smash??

Me lol I only really buy nintendos handhelds.

I highly recommend playing all three Smash Bros. games, think-man. The first is the weakest, but still a good time. The second one is a huge improvement, and plays great. I've probably logged 400 hours on it. And Brawl is the all-around best package because of a very nice single-player campaign. But if you want the most balanced game, go with Melee.

Around the Network

U never played SSB? O boy wait til u do. I played PSASBR at gamestop for couple of hours. It does feel somewhat like a clone but its because of the visuals.

Unbiased opinion: Total honesty. I did get kind of bored of PSASBR after putting some hours. There is a big difference between PSASBR and SSB. What I like about SSB is that there are tons of itmes that you can use or turn them off. You can also smash opponents of the platform or right on the screen of your tv. Some platforms in SSB gives you room to breath, while others make your teeth cringe forcing the individual to think and play fast.

I haven't played PSASBR (and I never will) and I really didn't enjoy SSBB as much as others but I could tell it was a quality game. It had demos for the games that some of the characters came from, it had a fully fleshed out co-op platforming campaign, it had user created levels and daily DLC, it had a cast of some of gamings most recognizable and beloved characters (Mario, Sonic, Solid Snake), it had nothing to be compared to as far as competition within the same genre--it just oozed quality and I didn't even like that game.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. I'm sure a real SSB fan will be able to tell you how awesome it was but you could see that Nintendo threw everything including the kitchen sink at this one.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I highly recommend playing all three Smash Bros. games, think-man. The first is the weakest, but still a good time. The second one is a huge improvement, and plays great. I've probably logged 400 hours on it. And Brawl is the all-around best package because of a very nice single-player campaign. But if you want the most balanced game, go with Melee.

In Super Smash melee I loved it because in single player you get to collect over what 150 trophies? and gives you a background history of each item. I collected all of them. Melee was perfect for single player experience and multiplayer with friends.

Melee is the best though. Play that one first.

Boutros said:
Melee is the best though. Play that one first.

I agree with him. The others are very good but nothing beats melee so far.

I will put money down that SSB for the Wii-U will overtake it. I have a feeling they will be including some DLC later on.