By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSB must be an amazing game!

cusman said:

The key thing to realize is not that PS All-Stars Battle Royale is more fun than any game you have played before, but rather local multiplayer... i.e. playing with friends/family in the same room in a shared play experience is what makes it the most fun.

That is what is so awesome about Nintendo's stubborn insistance to continue to focus more on local multiplayer shared play experiences and not so much on disconnected online play experiences.

They game designs in general can look very simple but when you play with others it is a fun time. Wii Sports was popular for that reason. Super Smash Bros Melee was popular for that reason. New Super Mario Bros U and Nintendo Land on the Wii U right now are delivering that local multiplayer super fun right now.

Don't find out 5+ years from now when some other developer finally makes a similar appeal game on your console of choice.

Get yourself a Wii U and please keep your PS3 because the awesome games Sony makes like Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, and a great many more is not something you should expect from Nintendo or 3rd parties.

So true. Online play is great if you want to play with friends and family scattered around the world, or if you want to find new friends with whom to play. But it can never replicate the experience of three or four friends sitting in the same room, talking trash and having fun. There is just an energy in the room that's missing when you play alone, even if there are thousands of people connected online. Part of the reason I'm so excited for Wii U is that it promises local co-op and multiplayer, PLUS asymmetrical gameplay which puts a new twist on local multiplayer.

Around the Network
think-man said:
sethnintendo said:
think-man said:

I didn't know who parappa, spike or toro were when ps all stars was first announced and I didn't know sir dans name I used to just call him the dude from midevil lol. out of your list of ten I don't know who Peach, wario, bowser or samus is :S but im not very up to date on nintendo characters.

Well if you don't even know who Peach or Bowser is then you definitely don't know your Nintendo characters.  I'm surprised you would know any of them besides maybe Mario if you don't even know Peach or Bowser.

Yeah my friends laughing at me right now for not knowing those characters, only nintendo games i've really played are zelda pokemon and a little bit of donkey kong. I haven't actually played mario  before but I've watched youtube videos of it lol guess im not a true gamer :S

I've had like gameboy and a DS but only have RPG's on it

No one is saying that. Hell, I would do horrible in Gears, Halo, or most PS3 exclusive franchise trivia.  I've been using the PC / Nintendo combo for awhile so I've neglected most of the exclusive other home consoles have to offer.  It just took me by surprise a little on the Peach and Bowser.  Hard to blame someone not knowing if they never played the games.

sethnintendo said:
think-man said:
sethnintendo said:
think-man said:

I didn't know who parappa, spike or toro were when ps all stars was first announced and I didn't know sir dans name I used to just call him the dude from midevil lol. out of your list of ten I don't know who Peach, wario, bowser or samus is :S but im not very up to date on nintendo characters.

Well if you don't even know who Peach or Bowser is then you definitely don't know your Nintendo characters.  I'm surprised you would know any of them besides maybe Mario if you don't even know Peach or Bowser.

Yeah my friends laughing at me right now for not knowing those characters, only nintendo games i've really played are zelda pokemon and a little bit of donkey kong. I haven't actually played mario  before but I've watched youtube videos of it lol guess im not a true gamer :S

I've had like gameboy and a DS but only have RPG's on it

No one is saying that. Hell, I would do horrible in Gears, Halo, or most PS3 exclusive franchise trivia.  I've been using the PC / Nintendo combo for awhile so I've neglected most of the exclusive other home consoles have to offer.  It just took me by surprise a little on the Peach and Bowser.  Hard to blame someone not knowing if they never played the games.

Yeah im mainly a PS3/VITA/PC/ little bit of DS player lol, and the main genre I play are RPG's only this gen have I really branched out.