By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSB must be an amazing game!

Brawl is a much bigger game (more characters, more levels, and just more to do) but it isn't a flat out "funner" game. If you love PSASBR, you will have just as much fun with smash.

Around the Network

I found PSA more enjoyable because I know most of the characters compared to nintendo lol. The combat is just freaking fun.

Hmmm, sad the find out their is still ppl who have never played smash.

To be honest, smash brawl is much more polished, more characters, more items, more stages, more unlockables, more achievments, more epic and orchastred music. The game has a extremely polished feeling to it. Just compare Brawl's intro video (type it in on youtube), you will find it way more epic with great orchatrated music compared to PSABR's intro with it''s crappy pop music. To me comparing these two videos is revealing of what the overall experience is when you compare both games.

Comparing the 3 ssb, personaly I think Brawl is the best altho I understand Melee's fans. Melee has a more balanced combat gameplay compared to Brawl. But imo, if you just want to have fun I think Brawl is more easely accessible and their is way more things to do.

Also, to the Sony fans saying that PSABR has more characters they know. PSABR has 20charactes wich I'm sure some of them are really obscure to even most Sony fans. I'm sure I can name up to atleast 10 characters that EVERY gamers including PS fans know very well, 10 means half PSABR's roster. 1:Mario 2:Luigi 3:Peach 4:Wario 5:Bowser 6:Donkey Kong 7:Pikachu 8:Link 9:Sonic 10:Snake 11:Yoshi 12:Kirby 13:Samus.

Here you go, I just named 13characters that all of you surely know (with maybe the exception of 1 or 2 but I would seriously be surprised if you don't know any of these). 13 characters is almost the totality of PSABR's. The illusion of you not knowing as many characters is mainly because brawl has so much more characters, up to 30. So their may be 17 characters you don't know but that doesn't negate the 13 you know. And out of all of these 17 their is the likes of Toon Link, Zelda, Jigglipuff, Diddy Kong and Fox that I would'nt be surprised if you knew these aswell.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:

To be honest, smash brawl is much more polished, more characters, more items, more stages, more unlockables, more achievments, more epic and orchastred music. The game has a extremely polished feeling to it. Just compare Brawl's intro video (type it in on youtube), you will find it way more epic with great orchatrated music compared to PSABR's intro with it''s crappy pop music. To me comparing these two videos is revealing of what the overall experience is when you compare both games.

Comparing the 3 ssb, personaly I think Brawl is the best altho I understand Melee's fans. Melee has a more balanced combat gameplay compared to Brawl. But imo, if you just want to have fun I think Brawl is more easely accessible and their is way more things to do.

Also, to the Sony fans saying that PSABR has more characters they know. PSABR has 20charactes wich I'm sure some of them are really obscure to even most Sony fans. I'm sure I can name up to atleast 10 characters that EVERY gamers including PS fans know very well, 10 means half PSABR's roster. 1:Mario 2:Luigi 3:Peach 4:Wario 5:Bowser 6:Donkey Kong 7:Pikachu 8:Link 9:Sonic 10:Snake 11:Yoshi 12:Kirby 13:Samus.

Here you go, I just named 13characters that all of you surely know (with maybe the exception of 1 or 2 but I would seriously be surprised if you don't know any of these). 13 characters is almost the totality of PSABR's. The illusion of you not knowing as many characters is mainly because brawl has so much more characters, up to 30. So their may be 17 characters you don't know but that doesn't negate the 13 you know. And out of all of these 17 their is the likes of Toon Link, Zelda, Jigglipuff, Diddy Kong and Fox that I would'nt be surprised if you knew these aswell.

I bolded the things you said that are either flat out wrong or just based on personal tastes.

Anyway Brawl defiantly has more characters Sony fans have heard of but not more characters Sony fans care to play. Just because I know Mario, it doesn't mean I have a desire to use him. Brawl has a fantastic roster, but so does All Stars to Sony fans like me. Also PSASBR has (basically) 22 characters, that's a lot more than 13 so again to a Sony fan it has more known characters.

ps3-sales! said:
Awkward. I have no clue how you have never played smash....

This is going to sound even more awkward, I didn't even know what ssb was until PSASBR was announced :S

I've only owned nintendo handhelds and I don't know of any of my friends that have owned a nintendo console so topic never came up.

Around the Network
Metrium said:

I didn't know who parappa, spike or toro were when ps all stars was first announced and I didn't know sir dans name I used to just call him the dude from midevil lol. out of your list of ten I don't know who Peach, wario, bowser or samus is :S but im not very up to date on nintendo characters.

think-man said:

I didn't know who parappa, spike or toro were when ps all stars was first announced and I didn't know sir dans name I used to just call him the dude from midevil lol. out of your list of ten I don't know who Peach, wario, bowser or samus is :S but im not very up to date on nintendo characters.

Well if you don't even know who Peach or Bowser is then you definitely don't know your Nintendo characters.  I'm surprised you would know any of them besides maybe Mario if you don't even know Peach or Bowser.

think-man said:
Metrium said:

Surely you've  seen/heard of them but you dont know them by name. Peach is Mario's princess and Bowser is the big dinosaur that always kidnap her. Wario is the ''yellow mario'' and Samus I actually believe it's possible you dont know her, but she is the girl in a red suit in Metroid but she is a more ''obscure'' character.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

ps3-sales! said:
Awkward. I have no clue how you have never played smash....

Is it really that hard to understand?  There are plenty of people who just haven't owned the consoles it has appeared on.

Get yourself some Smash Bros Brawl RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! :)