By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

Dear VGKing

I saw Blops 2 running in the conference a couple of months back on two screens with no discernible differences to the 360/PS3 versions, other than the extra streaming powahz. Maybe I was imaging it?

Perhaps you should play it?

Love me.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network

Games like:

Metro (Doesn't sell well so far) 500,000 in sales
Bioshock (Meh sales) 4 million combined platforms
Elder Scrolls 10.5 million combined

**Anyhow those are the games I dont see coming for the Wii-U. But i don't give two shits since I have a gaming PC already. All the other third party we can see arriving for the Wii-U.

Grand Theft Auto (tentative) 50/50 - I still say GTA coming to Wii-U

pezus said:
And so the cycle begins anew. Not that I am surprised

Dear PS3 sales

Not sure why you'd call yourself such a name - attaching yourself to a corporate entity is odd -, but that's besides the point. I think many of us aren't really concerned about power, but instead new ways of doing things. I'm not totally convinced the Gamepad is revolutionary as yet, but it has some great potential. That is my interest in buying it. Should complement the 3ds and 360 nicely.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

I would like to point out that it's going to take some time before we can really say that much about this. I saw a lot of these kind of comments and power remarks about the 3DS but they were pretty much wrong too. (MT Framework does well on the 3DS). I think we're going to see that the Wii U will lose support within the next few days or weeks, then after we see more of what it can do, support will start building back up.

Around the Network

“[The] Wii U has a horrible, slow CPU,” explained Shishkovtsov. “We had an early look at it, we thought we could probably do it, but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time. It’s something we might return to. I really couldn’t make any promises, though.”

This made no sense whatsoever, it did make me laugh though.

adriane23 said:
Was anybody planning to buy Metro: Last Light on here? I saw a demo play and it just bored me.

I don't think the Wii U will be competing with the next Xbox or Playstation (since it's not trying to) graphically, but even a Sony fan like myself can see that it will eventually produce better looking games than the PS3.

I do however, predict that the Wii U will not get the third party support Nintendo was hoping for. It'll probably do as good as the GC did.

I certainly was, the first game is one of the best survival-horror atmospheric First person shooters i've ever played. 

oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:
darkknightkryta said:

A bit curious Rol, but how much weaker of a console would you have taken?  I mean, if Nintendo would wanted to have kept their profit margin in the price, how weak of a console would you have been willing to buy for the same price?

Remove the Gamepad and 1GB reserved for the OS insanities, suddenly you have a reasonably powerful system for a reasonable price, i.e. it would be possibly to hit $/€299 with a game included, plus Nintendo making profit right out of the gate. After the 3DS, this is yet another case where Nintendo drove up the hardware price due to the inclusion of features that don't hold much value; and the price is going to hurt them.

The whole idea that the Wii didn't get quality third party support due to a lack of processing power is inherently flawed. To all those people who in all those years insisted that Nintendo would have gotten ports, if their hardware was in the same ballpark as the 360 and PS3, what do you say now? This isn't about Metro, but all those other games that won't be coming.

THe Wii u is getting those games, its just not going to get all of them. Its in a much better position than Wii ever was in that regard. AC3, Tekken, Darksiders, NG3, ME3, Batman, etc. Those are games that never even graced the WIi.

Nintendo most probably paid the publishers to bring the most famous HD franchises to the system, so the "hardcore" would be attracted.   But now that the ports are not that great, people are not buying them.   If the publishers dont get money they wont bother with their upcoming "hardcore" games to be released on the WiiU.

RolStoppable said:

Remove the Gamepad and 1GB reserved for the OS insanities, suddenly you have a reasonably powerful system for a reasonable price, i.e. it would be possibly to hit $/€299 with a game included, plus Nintendo making profit right out of the gate. After the 3DS, this is yet another case where Nintendo drove up the hardware price due to the inclusion of features that don't hold much value; and the price is going to hurt them.

The whole idea that the Wii didn't get quality third party support due to a lack of processing power is inherently flawed. To all those people who in all those years insisted that Nintendo would have gotten ports, if their hardware was in the same ballpark as the 360 and PS3, what do you say now? This isn't about Metro, but all those other games that won't be coming.

RolStoppable said:
Was the Wii U launch really that big of a success? Probably not, and the timing of this announcement was planned well ahead.

The biggest failure of the Wii U is that it costs so much due to an attempt to cater to third parties, based on the belief that it was power that prevented the Wii from getting quality third party support. That's what pisses me off the most, that I have to pay more for a console due to games that either I didn't want or wouldn't be coming to the Nintendo console anyway.

How exactly do these two points reconcile?  I don't think I saw third parties clammoring for the gamepad or whatever the hell Nintendo is using that extra GB of ram for.  If they had catered to third parties it would have been more powerful and had the pro controller as the standard.

Do they mean it's horrible by current gen standards or next gen standards? Meh, I don't see myself buying a single multiplatform title for the WiiU anyways.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!