By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

pezus said:

I wonder why Nintendo couldn't do something cool with the gamepad with a launch title. That way, people might have forgotten about all this power talk and enjoyed the gamez.

Some people would say that "remote" (I'm not sure what the range is) play with the controller is pretty damn cool.

Does anyone know how it works for a game like ZombiU where the second screen is so integral? Does it just not support remote play?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

This is about a game that runs on the 360, i.e. weaker hardware. If not even those games are coming, then you should already know which way the wind is blowing. Instead of a console that is built to Nintendo's strengths, we are getting some crazy hybrid that will have great Nintendo games, but won't get the third party games it was meant to get.

Where is the DiRT 3 port? It was in Nintendo's reel at E3 2011. It's already quite clear that you can kick GRID 2 into the bucket as well.

Now come on. Like we all know, 3rd parties will switch their focus on Wii U when it hits the magical 85% market share. You have nothing to worry.

badgenome said:
pezus said:

I wonder why Nintendo couldn't do something cool with the gamepad with a launch title. That way, people might have forgotten about all this power talk and enjoyed the gamez.

Some people would say that "remote" (I'm not sure what the range is) play with the controller is pretty damn cool.

Does anyone know how it works for a game like ZombiU where the second screen is so integral? Does it just not support remote play?

Zombie U doesn't let you play only on the pad since as you said it uses it to much.

Former something....

ps3-sales! said:
Mr Khan said:
ps3-sales! said:
Nintendo fans hate to see it, but your shiny new console just isn't that powerful. I'd be surprised if it ran any of these third-party ports as well than the Xbox 360 or Ps3.
With that said, Nintendo doesn't really care. It'll still sell like hotcakes besides of new and innovative games like Mari-, I mean ZombieU.

They're running those games just fine.

It's this rush to believe the worst about the Wii U that makes me doubt the ingenuousness of certain posters.

I've seen the reviews of Darksiders, Arkham City, Devil May Cry, ect.

1.They are ps360 ports to the WiiU - fact
2.They are getting worse scores than the originals - fact
3.They don't cater to the core audience that don't
want to be forced to use the gamepad - fact

What were you saying?

Not a fact the joystiq and ign reviws are the saame for the console versions. also i play alot of so called core games on my 360 and ps3 and would have no roblem playing them on the pad. Saying the core dont want to use the gamepad is false and no one is forcing anything honestly. 

Well 4A games is primarily a PC developer with some knowledge about the 360 (because of the similar architecture), but at the same time they are very skilled when it comes to making great looking games.

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:

Zombie U doesn't let you play only on the pad since as you said it uses it to much.

I see. Thank you, son.

pezus said:
bazmeistergen said:
Dear PS3 sales

Not sure why you'd call yourself such a name - attaching yourself to a corporate entity is odd -, but that's besides the point. I think many of us aren't really concerned about power, but instead new ways of doing things. I'm not totally convinced the Gamepad is revolutionary as yet, but it has some great potential. That is my interest in buying it. Should complement the 3ds and 360 nicely.

They did; the functionality with Nintendoland is very cool.  Being able switch between the TV and the remote - whether it be playing Mario or browsing the web - is also a really neat function when you actually use it.  And we aren't even into the TV remote stuff yet.  I can't speak for everyone but I personally am very impressed with the Gamepad from its design to its screen to its functionality.  That article saying that it felt cheap couldn't be further from the truth, IMO.  The only area where I am disappointed is its battery life.

4A Games just pushed the sales of 007 Legends and Blacks Op2 through the roof.

pezus said:
bazmeistergen said:
Dear PS3 sales

Not sure why you'd call yourself such a name - attaching yourself to a corporate entity is odd -, but that's besides the point. I think many of us aren't really concerned about power, but instead new ways of doing things. I'm not totally convinced the Gamepad is revolutionary as yet, but it has some great potential. That is my interest in buying it. Should complement the 3ds and 360 nicely.

most of the times the games that use the new thing take longer to make like SS for instance but that doesn't mean grate games can't come out and not use the new thing to its full capabilities like Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:
Yakuzaice said:

How exactly do these two points reconcile?  I don't think I saw third parties clammoring for the gamepad or whatever the hell Nintendo is using that extra GB of ram for.  If they had catered to third parties it would have been more powerful and had the pro controller as the standard.

The Gamepad is a traditional controller with a screen on it. It's the result of Nintendo's hybrid approach. Cater to third parties, but also have the Nintendo difference.

You make it sound like Nintendo is catering to 3rd parties with the Gamepad at the expense of their own originality.  How?  By giving it analogue sticks and shoulder buttons?  Those are two things that Nintendo themselves pioneered on console controllers, and the industry is all the better for it.

Should Nintendo have left traditional buttons off of the 3DS altogether?