By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

GianCarmen said:
Roma said:
Teriol said:
Roma said:
Teriol said:
Roma said:
GianCarmen said:

Remember what Epic's Mark Rein said this summer about the Wii U. Here is the quote about Unreal 3 and 4. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/unreal_engine_4_ports_possible_on_wii_u

You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year - a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that's also Unreal. There's, I'm sure, several others. Mass Effect [3] was announced for it as well. So we're certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.
I'll state that I don't think it's our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable. We'll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.

it doesn't matter what links you give people they will still only believe what sounds good in their minds!

yeah... just look at that guy.. VGking he only comes when he see negative things about wii U or nintendo systems, and forget the positive things  developers say, and the fanboy negative rumors are facts for him... but that always makes me lol hahaha

well kids are kids

well you are rigth, but at least he makes my day of lol's and yep "mature" and "hardcoregamer" are another two things that always make me laugth :)

well at first it was annoying but then it gets kind of funny because its expected :P

Lol you guys are unreal. Grow up. The Wii U is not perfect. Stop putting words in my mouth and instead why dont you have and intelligent conversation. But looks like thats not going to happen.

what? no one is attacking you or putting words in your mouth. I'm just stating that haters will stick to the negatives. I'm not saying WiiU is perfect. as long as i get the amazing Nintendo games then I'm good! if i need other games then i will get them on PC or if need be another console.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
ps3-sales! said:
Nintendo fans hate to see it, but your shiny new console just isn't that powerful. I'd be surprised if it ran any of these third-party ports as well than the Xbox 360 or Ps3.
With that said, Nintendo doesn't really care. It'll still sell like hotcakes besides of new and innovative games like Mari-, I mean ZombieU.

They're running those games just fine.

It's this rush to believe the worst about the Wii U that makes me doubt the ingenuousness of certain posters.

I've seen the reviews of Darksiders, Arkham City, Devil May Cry, ect.

1.They are ps360 ports to the WiiU - fact
2.They are getting worse scores than the originals - fact
3.They don't cater to the core audience that don't
want to be forced to use the gamepad - fact

What were you saying?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

RolStoppable said:
Was the Wii U launch really that big of a success? Probably not, and the timing of this announcement was planned well ahead.

The biggest failure of the Wii U is that it costs so much due to an attempt to cater to third parties, based on the belief that it was power that prevented the Wii from getting quality third party support. That's what pisses me off the most, that I have to pay more for a console due to games that either I didn't want or wouldn't be coming to the Nintendo console anyway.

It wasn't power alone.. It was the controller which didn't have enough buttons or anolog sticks, power, and lack of online features. And then it was a combination of lack of a large audience that would actually buy core games and a lack of interest from devs to move games over to that console with the lack of controller and lack of power.

Train wreck said:
But Ill save the trouble

Hardcore Nintendo fans:

-Metro Last light is a has been FPS anyway
-LOLLLL THQ will be bankrupt anyway, thank god we dont get this trash
-Points to Darkstriders
-I only play Nintendo games on Nintendo Consoles duh
-Perfect example of a lazy developer

Current HD PS/360
If the Wii U cant get this game, they can forget about GTAV muahahahaha
Wii U underpowered...who knew?
Nintendo, welcome to the current generation.

Please feel free to add more...

funny, but true stuff XD

So then what other games u think might not be coming?..... Isn't Metro designed really for PC?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
archbrix said:

Not exactly.  The thing that drives up WiiU's price the most is the controller, which is based on Nintendo's vision, not 3rd parties.  They actually went a bit more conservative/efficient with the hardware design, much to the dismay of some 3rd parties... which is why we're seeing articles like this one.

Bottom line:  You whould be quite happy with WiiU, Rol.

This is about a game that runs on the 360, i.e. weaker hardware. If not even those games are coming, then you should already know which way the wind is blowing. Instead of a console that is built to Nintendo's strengths, we are getting some crazy hybrid that will have great Nintendo games, but won't get the third party games it was meant to get.

Where is the DiRT 3 port? It was in Nintendo's reel at E3 2011. It's already quite clear that you can kick GRID 2 into the bucket as well.

I have no doubt that there will be 3rd party games that don't come to WiiU... possibly even my beloved Bioshock Infinite.  But the point is that if Nintendo was truly catering only to what 3rd parties wanted they would have released a more powerful console at $399 and lost even more money per unit.  Nintendo is still doing what they view as best for Nintendo; designing their console for their own ideas, just like the Wii.  The fact that the hardware allows for more 3rd party support is only a good thing.  It's already nothing to sneeze at:  Call of Duty BO2 and Assassin's Creed 3 are enormous titles.  Who is really going to care that Metro isn't coming? 

The price being higher, is again, heavily due to the controller, which Nintendo is putting a lot of faith into; and rightfully so, IMO.  Even with only two games I care about until next year, I see great potential with this thing.  It's very cool.

RolStoppable said:
darkknightkryta said:

A bit curious Rol, but how much weaker of a console would you have taken?  I mean, if Nintendo would wanted to have kept their profit margin in the price, how weak of a console would you have been willing to buy for the same price?

Remove the Gamepad and 1GB reserved for the OS insanities, suddenly you have a reasonably powerful system for a reasonable price, i.e. it would be possibly to hit $/€299 with a game included, plus Nintendo making profit right out of the gate. After the 3DS, this is yet another case where Nintendo drove up the hardware price due to the inclusion of features that don't hold much value; and the price is going to hurt them.

The whole idea that the Wii didn't get quality third party support due to a lack of processing power is inherently flawed. To all those people who in all those years insisted that Nintendo would have gotten ports, if their hardware was in the same ballpark as the 360 and PS3, what do you say now? This isn't about Metro, but all those other games that won't be coming.

THe Wii u is getting those games, its just not going to get all of them. Its in a much better position than Wii ever was in that regard. AC3, Tekken, Darksiders, NG3, ME3, Batman, etc. Those are games that never even graced the WIi.

Teriol said:
Roma said:
GianCarmen said:

Remember what Epic's Mark Rein said this summer about the Wii U. Here is the quote about Unreal 3 and 4. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/unreal_engine_4_ports_possible_on_wii_u

You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year - a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that's also Unreal. There's, I'm sure, several others. Mass Effect [3] was announced for it as well. So we're certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.
I'll state that I don't think it's our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable. We'll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.

it doesn't matter what links you give people they will still only believe what sounds good in their minds!

yeah... just look at that guy.. VGking he only comes when he see negative things about wii U or nintendo systems, and forget the positive things  developers say, and the fanboy negative rumors are facts for him... but that always makes me lol hahaha

Just like runqvist a few post above here...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

VGKing said:
BuckStud said:
Okay, where is the dribble coming from. I have the Wii U, PS3 & 360 and I can tell you that the graphics on Blops2 are in no way, shape or form worse than the 360 version, so obviously, the system is at least as capable. This was a quick and dirty port of the game and it looks at least as good if not better and functions perfectly. I own all the system and love playing on all of them. I'm sick and tired of the biased BS in these forums. If you're a true gamer and don't own all of the systems, you are only doing yourself a disservice. If you can't afford them all, fine than buy the one you will like the games most on, but whay do you feel the need to go into topics on the other systems and cause trouble. It seems like these forums are filled with a bunch of 12 year olds.... If you go into a forum for a product that you don't have or like and talk smack about it, that says more about you than the product. What a bunch of losers.

We've seen the comparison shots, it's almost like a completely different game. Stop lying.

who is "we"? please post the comparison screenshots you are referring to and which show an "almost" completely different game.

BuckStud said:
Jumpin said:
Well, I guess I just won't be even considering buying their game. Also, they seem like a poorly skilled development team based on their comments, so I'll make sure to ignore them in the future.

and I was thinking about picking up Darksiders this week...they just gave me a good reason not to.  These people should learn not to shit where they eat.

Uhm.. Darksiders is developed by Vigil games in Austin. While they do have the same publisher as the ukrainian 4A Games team, that doesn't mean they all have to share the same opinions.