By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

and talking about monster consoles like ps4 selling at a loss, my pc is rigth now more powerfull than ps4 o xbox720, guess what? the games looks almost identical maybe i can see a littel differece in some games like planetside 2, but is just too little.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
sperrico87 said:
fordy said:
VGKing said:
sperrico87 said:
Blaming the Wii U CPU when their company is on the verge of financial collapse? Classy. Not a very good scapegoat, though.

Having a fourth SKU for Last Light would add to sales and help the company survive (if it lasts that long). If THQ fails to start repaying Wells Fargo in January I think it's all over for that company. Sell off the studios they have left, let publishers with money in the bank finish those games. I really want South Park Stick of Truth.

A Wii U version isn't financially viable, not only would it cost too much to make, it probably wouldn't sell well. 

Wii U development may be more expensive than Wii, but it's still not "Cell expensive"

If they can't afford to port it to Wii U they should just say so.  Publicly burning one of the Big 3 is not a professional thing to do.

Oh I completely agree. It's a very stupid move to narrow your own potential market by slandering them. This little business either know they wont be around much longer to care, or their business practice is a complete joke.

I'm just highlighting the fact that if this small business was primarily concerned about development costs, they picked a stupid path with developing for the PS3, with it's expensive development times for the Cell...

biggamejames79 said:
Are people really still arguing/concerned with cpu speed/power??? Remember Skyrim on the "most powerful system of the 7th gen"? That was a RAM issue I heard. And what about ps3 having graphics way ahead of the 360? Oh dang, $599.00 and the cell doesn't mean a better GPU, bummer.

I buy Nintendo so I can play Nintendo games, not so I can pretend cpu power = high performance games.

Yep, people (I guess especially PS3 fanboys) seems to happily forget the Skyrim PS3 fiasco! I guess the move from calling Bethesda a crap to developer to calling Wii U a crap syatem. lol

It'll be interesting to see how many of these gokers that couldn't afford a Vita would be able to go out and buy a PS4 at launch. It seems they have not leaned from the whole 3DS vs Vita debate. But time will tell.

Happy gaming and discussion all.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:
Are people really still arguing/concerned with cpu speed/power??? Remember Skyrim on the "most powerful system of the 7th gen"? That was a RAM issue I heard. And what about ps3 having graphics way ahead of the 360? Oh dang, $599.00 and the cell doesn't mean a better GPU, bummer.

I buy Nintendo so I can play Nintendo games, not so I can pretend cpu power = high performance games.

Yep, people (I guess especially PS3 fanboys) seems to happily forget the Skyrim PS3 fiasco! I guess the move from calling Bethesda a crap to developer to calling Wii U a crap syatem. lol

It'll be interesting to see how many of these gokers that couldn't afford a Vita would be able to go out and buy a PS4 at launch. It seems they have not leaned from the whole 3DS vs Vita debate. But time will tell.

LOL, a fiasco that sold more than 4M. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:

it was a silly comparison anyway, comparing, ONE game out of PS3's library to a few on Wii U...oh boy.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:

eventually!

oniyide said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:

it was a silly comparison anyway, comparing, ONE game out of PS3's library to a few on Wii U...oh boy.

I can't be bothered to mention the others. But just for argument sake, just look up how Gears of War went from a potential Sony PS3 game to and Xbox 360 exclusive. It should tell you a bit about the power (or lack thereof) of the PS3.

DaRev said:
oniyide said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:

I can't be bothered to mention the others. But just for argument sake, just look up how Gears of War went from a potential Sony PS3 game to and Xbox 360 exclusive. It should tell you a bit about the power (or lack thereof) of the PS3.

or it tells you MS moneyhatted like they did a bunch of other games and content. GTA DLC, TR DLC, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, etc. etc.

oniyide said:
DaRev said:
oniyide said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:

or it tells you MS moneyhatted like they did a bunch of other games and content. GTA DLC, TR DLC, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, etc. etc.

could, be, but this is just one of the many games early in the life of the PS3 that developers transferred to the 360 simple because as they claimed, the PS3 was either to hard to develop for or was underpowered.

DaRev said:
oniyide said:
DaRev said:
oniyide said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
DaRev said:
biggamejames79 said:

could, be, but this is just one of the many games early in the life of the PS3 that developers transferred to the 360 simple because as they claimed, the PS3 was either to hard to develop for or was underpowered.

that could be possible, some devs were having issues