By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

Jumpin said:
Well, I guess I just won't be even considering buying their game. Also, they seem like a poorly skilled development team based on their comments, so I'll make sure to ignore them in the future.

Not sure if serious....

Around the Network
gigaSheik said:
This is preposterous.

Wait till christmas.

don't expect a graphical leap this Christmas

we only say wait for Christmas when a console sells bad and it will be boosted at that time and if not for this one then wait for the next one ;) oand if that doesn't work then we can always say COD will save it!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Teriol said:
Roma said:
GianCarmen said:

Remember what Epic's Mark Rein said this summer about the Wii U. Here is the quote about Unreal 3 and 4. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/unreal_engine_4_ports_possible_on_wii_u

You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year - a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that's also Unreal. There's, I'm sure, several others. Mass Effect [3] was announced for it as well. So we're certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.
I'll state that I don't think it's our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable. We'll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.

it doesn't matter what links you give people they will still only believe what sounds good in their minds!

yeah... just look at that guy.. VGking he only comes when he see negative things about wii U or nintendo systems, and forget the positive things  developers say, and the fanboy negative rumors are facts for him... but that always makes me lol hahaha

well kids are kids

well you are rigth, but at least he makes my day of lol's and yep "mature" and "hardcoregamer" are another two things that always make me laugth :)

34 years playing games.

Roma said:
Teriol said:

yeah... just look at that guy.. VGking he only comes when he see negative things about wii U or nintendo systems, and forget the positive things  developers say, and the fanboy negative rumors are facts for him... but that always makes me lol hahaha

well kids are kids

Your moral high ground is pretty unstable after that first post you had to edit, and I see you edited this as well.  I guess learning self restraint is a part of growing up, so you've got that going for you even if you can't seem to stop yourself from trolling in the first place.

.... says THQ, who doesn't get a fucking clue how to survive in gaming industry.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Was the Wii U launch really that big of a success? Probably not, and the timing of this announcement was planned well ahead.

The biggest failure of the Wii U is that it costs so much due to an attempt to cater to third parties, based on the belief that it was power that prevented the Wii from getting quality third party support. That's what pisses me off the most, that I have to pay more for a console due to games that either I didn't want or wouldn't be coming to the Nintendo console anyway.

Not exactly.  The thing that drives up WiiU's price the most is the controller, which is based on Nintendo's vision, not 3rd parties.  They actually went a bit more conservative/efficient with the hardware design, much to the dismay of some 3rd parties... which is why we're seeing articles like this one.

Bottom line:  You should be quite happy with WiiU, Rol.

VGKing said:
BuckStud said:
Okay, where is the dribble coming from. I have the Wii U, PS3 & 360 and I can tell you that the graphics on Blops2 are in no way, shape or form worse than the 360 version, so obviously, the system is at least as capable. This was a quick and dirty port of the game and it looks at least as good if not better and functions perfectly. I own all the system and love playing on all of them. I'm sick and tired of the biased BS in these forums. If you're a true gamer and don't own all of the systems, you are only doing yourself a disservice. If you can't afford them all, fine than buy the one you will like the games most on, but whay do you feel the need to go into topics on the other systems and cause trouble. It seems like these forums are filled with a bunch of 12 year olds.... If you go into a forum for a product that you don't have or like and talk smack about it, that says more about you than the product. What a bunch of losers.

We've seen the comparison shots, it's almost like a completely different game. Stop lying.

Don't you have better things to do, VGTrollKing?

Yea I am not a kid. The wii u is not perfect. Its wii u is doomed crap. I am 32 years old. Some of you guys are acting like little kids. Wow no more respect from some whatever. Just makes me laugh at some comments. lol

RolStoppable said:
Was the Wii U launch really that big of a success? Probably not, and the timing of this announcement was planned well ahead.

The biggest failure of the Wii U is that it costs so much due to an attempt to cater to third parties, based on the belief that it was power that prevented the Wii from getting quality third party support. That's what pisses me off the most, that I have to pay more for a console due to games that either I didn't want or wouldn't be coming to the Nintendo console anyway.

A bit curious Rol, but how much weaker of a console would you have taken?  I mean, if Nintendo would wanted to have kept their profit margin in the price, how weak of a console would you have been willing to buy for the same price?

Teriol said:
Roma said:
GianCarmen said:

Remember what Epic's Mark Rein said this summer about the Wii U. Here is the quote about Unreal 3 and 4. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/unreal_engine_4_ports_possible_on_wii_u

You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year - a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that's also Unreal. There's, I'm sure, several others. Mass Effect [3] was announced for it as well. So we're certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.
I'll state that I don't think it's our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable. We'll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.

it doesn't matter what links you give people they will still only believe what sounds good in their minds!

I come to all kinds of threads about Wii U, positive or negative. Most of the positive threads are so obvoiusly not true. For example, there was one a while back that said Black Ops 2 runs at native 1080p, which I knew was complete bull since we already had a general idea of Wii U's power level.

I am a Sony fan, I'm not denying that. But I'm not a Nintendo hater, I might pick a Wii U one day, but it would take a lot of convincing. A game like Smash Bros would have to impress me, but I hear Namco Bandai is involved and that worries me. Maybe a 3D Mario game? I haven't played one in years and missed Mario Galaxy. The last one I played was probably Super Mario 64, which I don't think I ever beat..I loved Donkey Kong 64 though. Nintendo should do a 3D Donkey Kong game for Wii U.