By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hitman: Absolution isn't what I've been making it out to be.

Hopefully there's a demo for this then but i probably will not get this till it's cheaper anyway, i have far to many games to play already :)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

That's disappoiting, I was looking forward to this game. I guess I'll only get PSASBR tomorrow then.

Signature goes here!

I'm buying it anyway. I've always wanted a Hitman game, but never gave me the chance to buy one.

Jay520 said:

I've been reading a lot of posts on HitmanForum.com and it looks like Absolution is not a true Hitman game. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. It has a decent length (15-20h), contracts mode is fun, good controls, etc. but it's not a traditional Hitman game, which is what I've been boosting about for these past few weeks. I've heard from various sources that of the twenty total Hitman levels, half of the levels are very linear "point A to point B" levels. And only about 4-5 levels are true Hitman sandbox levels. So, if you were expecting a traditional Hitman game, then you probably won't like this.

I've made this thread to make sure I don't deceive any  of you into buying a game that isn't what I said it would be. But mainly to let everyone know that Absolution is not representative of the Hitman series as whole. So, if Absolution doesn't really amaze you, that doesn't mean the past installments won't. You should still try the past installments because there truly is nothing like it.

I blame Wii Sports Assassin's Creed.

Fixed. It makes perfect sense:

Jay's Assassin's Creed thread

we'll still play it,well some of us,does it have co-op at all

edit-and we still want a review from you

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

I'm buying iton steam sale like I buy most games. I've heard it improves some issues of the others. But at the expense of some 'true' hitman. It was always my 4th favorite ejidos franchise. I may like it more despite it being dumb downed. Who knows, might be a crap too or something in between.

I gave up on this when they announced that the PC version will be optimized for AMD 3D driver and not Nvidia 3D Vision.

Hope the 10 people out there that use AMD HD3D have fun...

An honest and balanced statement Jay, I applaud you.

I hate to say I told you so, but... I TOLD YOU SO! BWAHAHAH!

Thanks Jay. I took it off my future steam sale list.

What is your next hype game? How about Tomb Raider. Another reboot.