By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hitman: Absolution isn't what I've been making it out to be.

I've been reading a lot of posts on HitmanForum.com and it looks like Absolution is not a true Hitman game. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game. It has a decent length (15-20h), contracts mode is fun, good controls, etc. but it's not a traditional Hitman game, which is what I've been boosting about for these past few weeks. I've heard from various sources that of the twenty total Hitman levels, half of the levels are very linear "point A to point B" levels. And only about 4-5 levels are true Hitman sandbox levels. So, if you were expecting a traditional Hitman game, then you probably won't like this.

I've made this thread to make sure I don't deceive any  of you into buying a game that isn't what I said it would be. But mainly to let everyone know that Absolution is not representative of the Hitman series as whole. So, if Absolution doesn't really amaze you, that doesn't mean the past installments won't. You should still try the past installments because there truly is nothing like it.

I blame Wii Sports.

Around the Network

Yeah as soon as I had seen the reviews I thought of how you had been hyping it up.

I'll give you respect for admitting that you was wrong about it though and addressing it.

Yeah I saw a walkthrough of the first level, and it seemed more like a mix of Hitman Cell and Gears of Hitman.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Preorder canceled.

Wha!? But I pre-ordered!

I knew it wasn't game of the year material. I've been saying it all along.

Around the Network

I thought you were ironically hyping the game this whole time.

Sal.Paradise said:

Where was the irony? The series has already very well-respected, just not on this site for some reason.

Jay520 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Where was the irony? The series has already very well-respected, just not on this site for some reason.

Not an exclusive.  Only exclusives on this site gets hyped.

lol were you the one arguing that people who listen to other people's internet hype only have themselves to blame?

Jay520 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I guess, what the guy with the Halo x Gears of War avatar said. I'm not used to be people hyping non-exclusive games on here, at least not with the passion that you displayed for Hitman.