Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale review thread

Tagged games:

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:
fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

Dante's Inferno 75% Meta - "shameless God of War rip-off got what it deserved"

(Sony fans' comments here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96873 )

All-Stars Battle Royale 76% Meta - "WTF, unfair reviews of a great game!"

....I see this comment has caused many people to initiate damage control mode...damage control mode has been activated lol.

Nobody has actually addressed your comment yet for the question it ponders and instead have just started talking fast clutching for a response to discredit your post, which let's be honest here, is the best post in the thread.

i told him this already and he refused to respond to my point :

the people commenting in this thread about this game getting low review scores are not the same people who commented in that thread before

and as i said unless he believes all playstation fans have the same opinions and say the same things then he doesn't really have a point

why do you personally believe his post has any relevance to this thread given that the users posting in both are different?

i personally understand your agenda but i'd like to hear what you have to say about it

btw i played the demo for dante's inferno and never at any point did it occur to me to claim it was a rip off... 

then again i'm not one of those people that really cares about such things as its obvious that in general games take certain elements from other games

Dantes Inferno was as much of a shameless ripoff of God of War as Quantum Theory was to Gears of War. Seriously.

Mega 64 making fun of Dantes Inferno for ripping off God of War:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E01GW4DULU

I don't know who is even talking about Dantes Inferon but it is obviously a God of War clone and a bad one at that.  There is a reason God of War gets praised and Dantes Inferno doesn't

Read his closing statements.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:
fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

(Sony fans' comments here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96873 )

....I see this comment has caused many people to initiate damage control mode...damage control mode has been activated lol.

Nobody has actually addressed your comment yet for the question it ponders and instead have just started talking fast clutching for a response to discredit your post, which let's be honest here, is the best post in the thread.

the people commenting in this thread about this game getting low review scores are not the same people who commented in that thread before

and as i said unless he believes all playstation fans have the same opinions and say the same things then he doesn't really have a point

why do you personally believe his post has any relevance to this thread given that the users posting in both are different?

i personally understand your agenda but i'd like to hear what you have to say about it

btw i played the demo for dante's inferno and never at any point did it occur to me to claim it was a rip off... 

then again i'm not one of those people that really cares about such things as its obvious that in general games take certain elements from other games

Dantes Inferno was as much of a shameless ripoff of God of War as Quantum Theory was to Gears of War. Seriously.

I don't know who is even talking about Dantes Inferon but it is obviously a God of War clone and a bad one at that.  There is a reason God of War gets praised and Dantes Inferno doesn't

I just read it.  I agree with Dantes Inferno getting those reviews as I do with Playstation All Stars. People are defending the hell out of this game right now but it is pretty accurate as a lot of people on here has even said it deserves a 7.5-8.0.  I would never listen to users when a game first comes out because people try hyping up stuff to justify there purchase.  So I understand where he is coming from except personally I dont even think Dantes inferno deserves a 7.  Just a bad game in my opinion.  So I wouldn't compare it to that game as I think Playstation All Stars is better than that but people need to keep the comparisons between SSB because it has perfected that genre.  It is cool Sony has there own addition of it now and they can improve it over the years but the ones defending it saying it is the best in the genre are just hyping it up more than what it is.  Give it a week or 2 and this game will have died down a lot. 

fillet said:
brendude13 said:
From what I've played of the beta, I was expecting much higher. You know what, I'm with those Halo 4 fans. FUCK METACRITIC.

Those Halo 4 fans were complaining about 2-3 dodgy reviews that weren't grading the game on it's merits but on their own personal feelings that didn't represent the concensus of the fanbase or even the other reviewers.

PSABR has scored consistently low scores based on gaming review system and there is a concensus on it's quality, not just a few crazy people who's reviews have been torn to shreds with good arguments.

Of course you can still say fuck metacritic, like we all can. However you're fucking it for very different reasons which would be "fuck all reviewers". Halo 4 fans have said, "fuck bad reviews"

If your opinion is "fuck all reviews that have consistently scored the game rather low" then by all means say it, but there's no need to reference Halo 4 in that sweeping statement, because it's an insult to the Halo 4 fans who had very valid concerns with the few bad reviews.

If Halo 4 had scored 70-80s across the board with a couple of 90s, well that would be different and I wouldn't be making this post.

It's a totally different scenario with a different average and range of scores, sure, but a few Halo 4 fans were still saying that the metacritic score is irrelevant, and the average score of the reviewer doesn't match the average score of the consumer. I haven't played Halo 4, or any Halo game before that, so I wouldn't know what I feel it deserves, but I've been consistently enjoying games with 70-89 metacritic and not liking games with a 90+ metacritic. I only referenced Halo 4 because it's the most recent example of gamers disagreeing with the overall metacritic score.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm explaining this, I put next to no thought into my original comment and wasn't serious at all.
I wouldn't read too much into it.

brendude13 said:
fillet said:
brendude13 said:
From what I've played of the beta, I was expecting much higher. You know what, I'm with those Halo 4 fans. FUCK METACRITIC.

Those Halo 4 fans were complaining about 2-3 dodgy reviews that weren't grading the game on it's merits but on their own personal feelings that didn't represent the concensus of the fanbase or even the other reviewers.

PSABR has scored consistently low scores based on gaming review system and there is a concensus on it's quality, not just a few crazy people who's reviews have been torn to shreds with good arguments.

Of course you can still say fuck metacritic, like we all can. However you're fucking it for very different reasons which would be "fuck all reviewers". Halo 4 fans have said, "fuck bad reviews"

If your opinion is "fuck all reviews that have consistently scored the game rather low" then by all means say it, but there's no need to reference Halo 4 in that sweeping statement, because it's an insult to the Halo 4 fans who had very valid concerns with the few bad reviews.

If Halo 4 had scored 70-80s across the board with a couple of 90s, well that would be different and I wouldn't be making this post.

It's a totally different scenario with a different average and range of scores, sure, but a few Halo 4 fans were still saying that the metacritic score is irrelevant, and the average score of the reviewer doesn't match the average score of the consumer. I haven't played Halo 4, or any Halo game before that, so I wouldn't know what I feel it deserves, but I've been consistently enjoying games with 70-89 metacritic and despising games with a 90+ metacritic.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm explaining this, I put next to no thought into my original comment and wasn't serious at all. I wouldn't think too much into it.

If you enjoy games that are 70-89 on the metacritic no need to worry you will enjoy the games so have fun with it :)

Regarding the halo part most people were expecting a 90-94 metacritic for it.  Anybody who expected higher was not thinking realisticly.  It got a lot of bias reviews that lowered it lower than what it should have gotten is why people were so upset with it. Not microsoft/sony bias but Call of Duty bias.  If Halo 4 and Call of Duty wasn't released so close to each other I honestly believe the metacritic would be a little higher. Personally I'd give halo 4 a 9/10.  Halo 4 shouldnt have recieved anything lower than an 8/10.  

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:
fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

I just read it.  I agree with Dantes Inferno getting those reviews as I do with Playstation All Stars. People are defending the hell out of this game right now but it is pretty accurate as a lot of people on here has even said it deserves a 7.5-8.0.  I would never listen to users when a game first comes out because people try hyping up stuff to justify there purchase.  So I understand where he is coming from except personally I dont even think Dantes inferno deserves a 7.  Just a bad game in my opinion.  So I wouldn't compare it to that game as I think Playstation All Stars is better than that but people need to keep the comparisons between SSB because it has perfected that genre.  It is cool Sony has there own addition of it now and they can improve it over the years but the ones defending it saying it is the best in the genre are just hyping it up more than what it is.  Give it a week or 2 and this game will have died down a lot. 

There is no such thing as a perfect genre game. Whenever reviewers give a game a ten at the beginning of a gen two months down the line they come down, reread their reviews and regret it. Super Smashes first game was 79 metascore and Playstation allstars is standing at a 75. Not bad at all, I say. The window for a launch game in this newly expanding brawler genre was predicted to be around a 75-80 metacritic. PABR is a great game for people who want a more technical brawler in the same genre as Super Smash. 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:
fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

There is no such thing as a perfect genre game. Whenever reviewers give a game a ten at the beginning of a gen two months down the line they come down, reread their reviews and regret it. Super Smashes first game was 79 metascore and Playstation allstars is standing at a 75. Not bad at all, I say. The window for a launch game in this newly expanding brawler genre was predicted to be around a 75-80 metacritic. PABR is a great game for people who want a more technical brawler in the same genre as Super Smash. 

Everybody has preferences so im not goin to argue whether people like one or the other more, I'm just saying people need not to make these comparisons when at the moment one has already been well ahead of it.  We are not talking about something that was made over a decade a go, it is competing against the newest addition.  Is it fair? No, but that is how it goes.  I also agree with the 79 metacritic of SSB as melee and brawl are way better and hopefully All Stars takes the same route by improving.    And yeah some people said it would get between a 75-80, me being one of them and I got people jumping on me for that.

brendude13 said:
fillet said:
brendude13 said:

It's a totally different scenario with a different average and range of scores, sure, but a few Halo 4 fans were still saying that the metacritic score is irrelevant, and the average score of the reviewer doesn't match the average score of the consumer. I haven't played Halo 4, or any Halo game before that, so I wouldn't know what I feel it deserves, but I've been consistently enjoying games with 70-89 metacritic and not liking games with a 90+ metacritic. I only referenced Halo 4 because it's the most recent example of gamers disagreeing with the overall metacritic score.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm explaining this, I put next to no thought into my original comment and wasn't serious at all.
I wouldn't read too much into it.

I know what you mean, I think I kinda knew that but felt like letting my intellectual argumenty side out :p

fillet said:

It's also interesting that God Of War series is highly respected by PS fans and a Sony exclusive and likely the better game Vs Dante's Inferno, and SSB series less respected by PS fans and a Nintendo exclusive but likely the better game Vs PSABR. If you just take the stats adding it all up, it's "interesting".

What's interesting? Playstation fans tend to like Playstation exclusives. That's part of the reason they're Playstation fans in the first place.

This is actually getting some pretty decent reviews, about what I expected really. I predicted this would get somewhere in the mid 70s and it looks like I'm going to be right. I'm surprised that there's only two reviews with scores lower than a 7 so far. Looks like I may pick this up sometime in the future.

It has a 77% on gamerankings if anyone cares.

o_O.Q said:
Slimebeast said:

Dante's Inferno 75% Meta - "shamelesGod of War rip-off got what it deserved"

if it isn't the same people making the comments across both threads then you don't really have a point imo

unless you believe every sony fan says the exact same thing and none have different opinions

ot did i really hear the gamespot reviewer say that the characters having vastly different play styles leading to you having to learn each one individually is a bad  thing?

We are a cult, so every one of us has the more or less same opinion. Otherwise what is the point of the cult?