By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale review thread

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
fillet said:
Jay520 said:
fillet said:

It's also interesting that God Of War series is highly respected by PS fans and a Sony exclusive and likely the better game Vs Dante's Inferno, and SSB series less respected by PS fans and a Nintendo exclusive but likely the better game Vs PSABR. If you just take the stats adding it all up, it's "interesting".

What's interesting? Playstation fans tend to like Playstation exclusives. That's part of the reason they're Playstation fans in the first place.

There was a context.

Ever thought some people dont find Nintendo characters appealing for a brawler? I think SSB is fun but PSABR is fun in its own way. Its more frantic and deliberate action, I need the full game to see full out into a review, but the demo was a good start for a franchise that is different yet similar at the same time. 

I would agree with that, though it doesn't have anything to do with my comments. Doesn't really matter was just an observation, read back my whole comment as Jay520 only took the last paragraph which makes it look a bit silly on it's own but was more of a rhetorical point following on from previous paragraph.

Anyways, no bother. Not here to make trouble. Back OT. :)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

JayWood2010 said:

And yeah some people said it would get between a 75-80, me being one of them and I got people jumping on me for that.

Really? Who jumped on you?

Seriosly just go look at the threads.  There was suppose to be a thread and everything about how I was going to be wrong.

You called it right. Congrats. I wouldn't say anything about some people that jumped at you for a metacritic prediction as you did the same to others. I don't know who else or how many but you did it to me. I predicted 82+ and said nothing to you. Right or wrong, you're no better. 

4 ≈ One

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

so you have no proof? 

I'm not going to look through dozens of threads filled with hundreds of posts for a discussion that I'm not even sure exists. You made the claim that it exists so you have to provide the evidence that it exists. You can't keep spouting this stuff without any evidence or support. Otherwise, I will have to assume that you are making all of this up, or your memory is clouded because of your bias against Playstation fans.

Then you can assume what you want.  JoeTheBro is the one that was suppose to make the thread but whatever.  And I'm bias towards any kind of fanboy.  Well I'll take that back, just arrogant fanboys. But have I said anything against sony fans in here?  No I haven't, I simply stated we don't need comparisons between it and SSB.  

I'm starting to think you just have a problem with me and you rarely have an argument to go with.  What is your argument here?  

I have no argument. I want to know these 'people' who jumped on you for saying PABR would get a metacritic of 75-80. Seems absurd and I'd like to see who these people are, so in the future I can know their true colors.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150096&page=1#78

Here's the thread. So for yourself who was more agressive about the metascore. Who felt it was "overhyped" when it bearly got any before release on the SONY forums. 

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

JayWood2010 said:

And yeah some people said it would get between a 75-80, me being one of them and I got people jumping on me for that.

Really? Who jumped on you?

Seriosly just go look at the threads.  There was suppose to be a thread and everything about how I was going to be wrong.

You called it right. Congrats. I wouldn't say anything about some people that jumped at you for a metacritic prediction as you did the same to others. I don't know who else or how many but you did it to me. I predicted 82+ and said nothing to you. Right or wrong, you're no better. 

I know I'm no better, I hope you guys enjoy it honestly :)  It's just not for me but doesn't mean others won't like it.

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

so you have no proof? 

I'm not going to look through dozens of threads filled with hundreds of posts for a discussion that I'm not even sure exists. You made the claim that it exists so you have to provide the evidence that it exists. You can't keep spouting this stuff without any evidence or support. Otherwise, I will have to assume that you are making all of this up, or your memory is clouded because of your bias against Playstation fans.

Then you can assume what you want.  JoeTheBro is the one that was suppose to make the thread but whatever.  And I'm bias towards any kind of fanboy.  Well I'll take that back, just arrogant fanboys. But have I said anything against sony fans in here?  No I haven't, I simply stated we don't need comparisons between it and SSB.  

I'm starting to think you just have a problem with me and you rarely have an argument to go with.  What is your argument here?  

I have no argument. I want to know these 'people' who jumped on you for saying PABR would get a metacritic of 75-80. Seems absurd and I'd like to see who these people are, so in the future I can know their true colors.

joethebro said he'd be wrong

i asked him why he wanted the game to get low scores so badly etc etc etc

i suppose  that with me at least i was wondering why someone who hates the game so much can find himself in almost all of its associated threads, i honestly wish i had that kind of time on my hands

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

so you have no proof? 

joethebro said he'd be wrong

i asked him why he wanted the game to get low scores so badly etc etc etc

i suppose  that with me at least i was wondering why someone who hates the game so much can find himself in almost all of its associated threads, i honestly wish i had that kind of time on my hands

lol 1st off when I'm at work I have 8 hours with a computer in front of me so yes I've been on here a lot lately lol  

2,  you just don't like me haha  Me and Joethebro are cool with each other.  Me and him mess around with each other about the metacritic for this game.  

3rd, im on this thread because I wanted to see how it was doing.  But I hope everybody who bought it is having fun with it which everybody seems to be liking it :) 

Personally I don't even remember what Jay520 was saying to me in the first place.  Me and him rarely agree on anything but I have not been putting all stars down in this thread or gloating that I was right.  If I wanted to do that I'd make my own thread.  I just said people need not to compare it with SSB

fillet said:
brendude13 said:
From what I've played of the beta, I was expecting much higher. You know what, I'm with those Halo 4 fans. FUCK METACRITIC.

Those Halo 4 fans were complaining about 2-3 dodgy reviews that weren't grading the game on it's merits but on their own personal feelings that didn't represent the concensus of the fanbase or even the other reviewers.

PSABR has scored consistently low scores based on gaming review system and there is a concensus on it's quality, not just a few crazy people who's reviews have been torn to shreds with good arguments.

Of course you can still say fuck metacritic, like we all can. However you're fucking it for very different reasons which would be "fuck all reviewers". Halo 4 fans have said, "fuck bad reviews"

If your opinion is "fuck all reviews that have consistently scored the game rather low" then by all means say it, but there's no need to reference Halo 4 in that sweeping statement, because it's an insult to the Halo 4 fans who had very valid concerns with the few bad reviews.

If Halo 4 had scored 70-80s across the board with a couple of 90s, well that would be different and I wouldn't be making this post.

"Consistently low scores"?  Did we see a different Metacritic page?  There scores are all over the map.  There are more 90s than 60s.  How is that consistently low?  I don't understand what you're saying, except perhaps that only a game that YOU like can the the victim of unfair reviews.  One of the reviewers for All-Stars even calls it "borderline offensive" for coping Nintendo; how does that not qualify as some degree of preconceived bias?  People were going absolutely insane over iron-sights but "borderline offense" is an objective response?

I don't get why people only think the games on the systems they favor can be judged unfairly.  It makes no sense to me.  That kind of willful blindness really bothers me.

I just read the joystiq review (4/5 stars) which was quite positive but then I made the mistake of reading the user comments.  Same old crap, people upset that a reviewer can praise the game, upset it's not a compare-and-contrast article about Smash Brothers.  It's getting really old.

pokoko said:
fillet said:
brendude13 said:
From what I've played of the beta, I was expecting much higher. You know what, I'm with those Halo 4 fans. FUCK METACRITIC.

Those Halo 4 fans were complaining about 2-3 dodgy reviews that weren't grading the game on it's merits but on their own personal feelings that didn't represent the concensus of the fanbase or even the other reviewers.

PSABR has scored consistently low scores based on gaming review system and there is a concensus on it's quality, not just a few crazy people who's reviews have been torn to shreds with good arguments.

Of course you can still say fuck metacritic, like we all can. However you're fucking it for very different reasons which would be "fuck all reviewers". Halo 4 fans have said, "fuck bad reviews"

If your opinion is "fuck all reviews that have consistently scored the game rather low" then by all means say it, but there's no need to reference Halo 4 in that sweeping statement, because it's an insult to the Halo 4 fans who had very valid concerns with the few bad reviews.

If Halo 4 had scored 70-80s across the board with a couple of 90s, well that would be different and I wouldn't be making this post.

"Consistently low scores"?  Did we see a different Metacritic page?  There scores are all over the map.  There are more 90s than 60s.  How is that consistently low?  I don't understand what you're saying, except perhaps that only a game that YOU like can the the victim of unfair reviews.  One of the reviewers for All-Stars even calls it "borderline offensive" for coping Nintendo; how does that not qualify as some degree of preconceived bias?  People were going absolutely insane over iron-sights but "borderline offense" is an objective response?

I don't get why people only think the games on the systems they favor can be judged unfairly.  It makes no sense to me.  That kind of willful blindness really bothers me.

I just read the joystiq review (4/5 stars) which was quite positive but then I made the mistake of reading the user comments.  Same old crap, people upset that a reviewer can praise the game, upset it's not a compare-and-contrast article about Smash Brothers.  It's getting really old.

When i went to gamestop to cancel my pre-order the guy was smiling and said "it's not brawl". I told him I was pre-ordering it digitally and his smile instantly went away and he didn't make eye contact again for the rest of the transaction.

At school today I was playing on my Vita. 3 guys took offense to me playing the game. One person complimented the graphics and the other 3 guys couldn't help but continually look over my shoulder. At some point they were talking and I don't remember the entire conversation but some guy said "it's brawl, that's all it is". Insecurity, I'm guessing. This game seems to be offending a lot of people. Naruto: Ultamite Ninja, Jump Ultamite Stars, FF Dissidia, Rag Doll Kung Fu, TMNT Smash Up, and The Outfoxies (Released 4 years before the first Smash, btw) are all ok, though. Nothing wrong with those games existing.

EDITED

4 ≈ One

fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

Dante's Inferno 75% Meta - "shameless God of War rip-off got what it deserved"

(Sony fans' comments here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96873 )

All-Stars Battle Royale 76% Meta - "WTF, unfair reviews of a great game!"

....I see this comment has caused many people to initiate damage control mode...damage control mode has been activated lol.

Nobody has actually addressed your comment yet for the question it ponders and instead have just started talking fast clutching for a response to discredit your post, which let's be honest here, is the best post in the thread.

An other damage control.

Nintendo fans's said about ASBR " pfff, just a fucking copy, it deserves the 76 on metacritics, bad game / lol copy lol lol copy,  76 lol, it sucks" ( even if we know that the game is far from being a simple copy ;)

Nintendo fans' said about KH 3DS " 75 on metacritics ? Pfff Fuck Metacritics, unfair reviews, its one of the best KH , an other very great game for 3DS! / What ? 75 ? Its not so bad ^^ "

True story. ;)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

fillet said:
o_O.Q said:
fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

Dante's Inferno 75% Meta - "shameless God of War rip-off got what it deserved"

(Sony fans' comments here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96873 )

All-Stars Battle Royale 76% Meta - "WTF, unfair reviews of a great game!"

....I see this comment has caused many people to initiate damage control mode...damage control mode has been activated lol.

Nobody has actually addressed your comment yet for the question it ponders and instead have just started talking fast clutching for a response to discredit your post, which let's be honest here, is the best post in the thread.

i told him this already and he refused to respond to my point :

the people commenting in this thread about this game getting low review scores are not the same people who commented in that thread before

and as i said unless he believes all playstation fans have the same opinions and say the same things then he doesn't really have a point

why do you personally believe his post has any relevance to this thread given that the users posting in both are different?

i personally understand your agenda but i'd like to hear what you have to say about it

btw i played the demo for dante's inferno and never at any point did it occur to me to claim it was a rip off... 

then again i'm not one of those people that really cares about such things as its obvious that in general games take certain elements from other games

I don't think he meant it in a personal sense as in to call out. It's more of an interesting comparison than anything else. If it was one user's comment -> another user's comment then yes that would be silly. But when you have a number of people slandering something for being a rip-off, then in another thread having a number of people not slandering a game for being rip-off, it is interesting.

It's like saying, a game that people think is good it's fine to rip-off another game, but if the game is bad then it's a terrible thing to do.

It's also interesting that God Of War series is highly respected by PS fans and a Sony exclusive and likely the better game Vs Dante's Inferno, and SSB series less respected by PS fans and a Nintendo exclusive but likely the better game Vs PSABR. If you just take the stats adding it all up, it's "interesting".

Yeah, you understood perfectly what I meant.

What personally saddened me back in the day was how easily many Sony fans dismissed an excellent hacknslash adventure. Dante's Inferno was clearly a rip-off of God of War, no one denies that, but it was a very good rip-off. I love Dante's Inferno.