By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale review thread

Tagged games:

JWeinCom said:
Panama said:
I'm surprised it got several 9s, as the presentation is really lacking in the game. Those menus are just...wow, i'm surprised no one mentioned anything to them during the beta. Funnily enough they seem to be more aesthetically pleasing for the Vita version despite being similar in presentation.

I think the general thinking during the beta was that those were placeholders until the actual menus were finished.

that was never about the menu...cuz the beta's didn't have much of a menu to begin with as it was a beta. What discussed were the character select screens etc..and as cl0ck told everyone they did change for the better. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
Panama said:
I'm surprised it got several 9s, as the presentation is really lacking in the game. Those menus are just...wow, i'm surprised no one mentioned anything to them during the beta. Funnily enough they seem to be more aesthetically pleasing for the Vita version despite being similar in presentation.

I think the general thinking during the beta was that those were placeholders until the actual menus were finished.

that was never about the menu...cuz the beta's didn't have much of a menu to begin with as it was a beta. What discussed were the character select screens etc..and as cl0ck told everyone they did change for the better. 

They did change, but still kind of dull.  Don't see why it's such a big deal to reviewers honestly.  Crappy menus never really made me enjoy a fighter less.

JWeinCom said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
Panama said:

They did change, but still kind of dull.  Don't see why it's such a big deal to reviewers honestly.  Crappy menus never really made me enjoy a fighter less.

oh for sure. Presentation and soundtrack is the weakest aspect of this game. Soundtrack is ok...but could have been much better. I think it's a matter of budget really. I think sony is waiting to see how this game does reception/sales wise before investing too much in it. It shows even in things like the official website where there's a world of difference between this and and GOW:A. I think things will get much better in the next title.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
Panama said:

oh for sure. Presentation and soundtrack is the weakest aspect of this game. Soundtrack is ok...but could have been much better. I think it's a matter of budget really. I think sony is waiting to see how this game does reception/sales wise before investing too much in it. It shows even in things like the official website where there's a world of difference between this and and GOW:A. I think things will get much better in the next title.

I dunno.  This is Sony's only big exclusive for the holiday season, so I would've expected them to give it a huge budget.  Only thing I could think of is that Sony maybe intended Ascension or Last of Us for their big holiday game and it just didn't pan out.

JWeinCom said:

I dunno.  This is Sony's only big exclusive for the holiday season, so I would've expected them to give it a huge budget.  Only thing I could think of is that Sony maybe intended Ascension or Last of Us for their big holiday game and it just didn't pan out.

yeah I wish they would have too. But sadly I don't think they have. And the devs themselves will be able to focus more on things like presentation now that they have the core gameplay down. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Around the Network

Add another positive review to the pile: 

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/89513/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-review

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android