By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale review thread

Tagged games:

michael_stutzer said:
o_O.Q said:
Slimebeast said:

Dante's Inferno 75% Meta - "shamelesGod of War rip-off got what it deserved"

(Sony fans' comments here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96873 )

All-Stars Battle Royale 76% Meta - "WTF, unfair reviews of a great game!"

if it isn't the same people making the comments across both threads then you don't really have a point imo

unless you believe every sony fan says the exact same thing and none have different opinions

ot did i really hear the gamespot reviewer say that the characters having vastly different play styles leading to you having to learn each one individually is a bad  thing?

We are a cult, so every one of us has the more or less same opinion. Otherwise what is the point of the cult?

true that, but we also need a secret handshake or a brand or something else to symbolise our unity

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:
fillet said:
Slimebeast said:

Dante's Inferno 75% Meta - "shameless God of War rip-off got what it deserved"

(Sony fans' comments here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=96873 )

All-Stars Battle Royale 76% Meta - "WTF, unfair reviews of a great game!"

....I see this comment has caused many people to initiate damage control mode...damage control mode has been activated lol.

Nobody has actually addressed your comment yet for the question it ponders and instead have just started talking fast clutching for a response to discredit your post, which let's be honest here, is the best post in the thread.

i told him this already and he refused to respond to my point :

the people commenting in this thread about this game getting low review scores are not the same people who commented in that thread before

and as i said unless he believes all playstation fans have the same opinions and say the same things then he doesn't really have a point

why do you personally believe his post has any relevance to this thread given that the users posting in both are different?

i personally understand your agenda but i'd like to hear what you have to say about it

btw i played the demo for dante's inferno and never at any point did it occur to me to claim it was a rip off... 

then again i'm not one of those people that really cares about such things as its obvious that in general games take certain elements from other games

Dantes Inferno was as much of a shameless ripoff of God of War as Quantum Theory was to Gears of War. Seriously.

Mega 64 making fun of Dantes Inferno for ripping off God of War:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E01GW4DULU

I don't know who is even talking about Dantes Inferon but it is obviously a God of War clone and a bad one at that.  There is a reason God of War gets praised and Dantes Inferno doesn't

Read his closing statements.

I just read it.  I agree with Dantes Inferno getting those reviews as I do with Playstation All Stars. People are defending the hell out of this game right now but it is pretty accurate as a lot of people on here has even said it deserves a 7.5-8.0.  I would never listen to users when a game first comes out because people try hyping up stuff to justify there purchase.  So I understand where he is coming from except personally I dont even think Dantes inferno deserves a 7.  Just a bad game in my opinion.  So I wouldn't compare it to that game as I think Playstation All Stars is better than that but people need to keep the comparisons between SSB because it has perfected that genre.  It is cool Sony has there own addition of it now and they can improve it over the years but the ones defending it saying it is the best in the genre are just hyping it up more than what it is.  Give it a week or 2 and this game will have died down a lot. 

There is no such thing as a perfect genre game. Whenever reviewers give a game a ten at the beginning of a gen two months down the line they come down, reread their reviews and regret it. Super Smashes first game was 79 metascore and Playstation allstars is standing at a 75. Not bad at all, I say. The window for a launch game in this newly expanding brawler genre was predicted to be around a 75-80 metacritic. PABR is a great game for people who want a more technical brawler in the same genre as Super Smash. 

Everybody has preferences so im not goin to argue whether people like one or the other more, I'm just saying people need not to make these comparisons when at the moment one has already been well ahead of it.  We are not talking about something that was made over a decade a go, it is competing against the newest addition.  Is it fair? No, but that is how it goes.  I also agree with the 79 metacritic of SSB as melee and brawl are way better and hopefully All Stars takes the same route by improving.    And yeah some people said it would get between a 75-80, me being one of them and I got people jumping on me for that.

I have to agree SMB one was made on the n64 to compare that to ps3 is bad for the game as we should know a lot more now.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

JayWood2010 said:

And yeah some people said it would get between a 75-80, me being one of them and I got people jumping on me for that.

Really? Who jumped on you?

Jay520 said:

JayWood2010 said:

And yeah some people said it would get between a 75-80, me being one of them and I got people jumping on me for that.

Seriosly just go look at the threads.  There was suppose to be a thread and everything about how I was going to be wrong.

JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

JayWood2010 said:

Seriosly just go look at the threads.  There was suppose to be a thread and everything about how I was going to be wrong.

so you have no proof? 

I'm not going to look through dozens of threads filled with hundreds of posts for a discussion that I'm not even sure exists. You made the claim that it exists so you have to provide the evidence that it exists. You can't keep spouting this stuff without any evidence or support. Otherwise, I will have to assume that you are making all of this up, or your memory is clouded because of your bias against Playstation fans.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

JayWood2010 said:

so you have no proof? 

I'm not going to look through dozens of threads filled with hundreds of posts for a discussion that I'm not even sure exists. You made the claim that it exists so you have to provide the evidence that it exists. You can't keep spouting this stuff without any evidence or support. Otherwise, I will have to assume that you are making all of this up, or your memory is clouded because of your bias against Playstation fans.

Then you can assume what you want.  JoeTheBro is the one that was suppose to make the thread but whatever.  And I'm bias towards any kind of fanboy.  Well I'll take that back, just arrogant fanboys. But have I said anything against sony fans in here?  No I haven't, I simply stated we don't need comparisons between it and SSB.  

I'm starting to think you just have a problem with me and you rarely have an argument to go with.  What is your argument here?  

Jay520 said:
fillet said:

It's also interesting that God Of War series is highly respected by PS fans and a Sony exclusive and likely the better game Vs Dante's Inferno, and SSB series less respected by PS fans and a Nintendo exclusive but likely the better game Vs PSABR. If you just take the stats adding it all up, it's "interesting".

What's interesting? Playstation fans tend to like Playstation exclusives. That's part of the reason they're Playstation fans in the first place.

There was a context.

JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:

so you have no proof? 

Then you can assume what you want.  JoeTheBro is the one that was suppose to make the thread but whatever.  And I'm bias towards any kind of fanboy.  Well I'll take that back, just arrogant fanboys. But have I said anything against sony fans in here?  No I haven't, I simply stated we don't need comparisons between it and SSB.  

I'm starting to think you just have a problem with me and you rarely have an argument to go with.  What is your argument here?  

I have no argument. I want to know these 'people' who jumped on you for saying PABR would get a metacritic of 75-80. Seems absurd and I'd like to see who these people are, so in the future I can know their true colors.

I rememer having a bet with some guy on the metacritic of this game. And I am winning. He had purple profile pic

fillet said:
Jay520 said:
fillet said:

It's also interesting that God Of War series is highly respected by PS fans and a Sony exclusive and likely the better game Vs Dante's Inferno, and SSB series less respected by PS fans and a Nintendo exclusive but likely the better game Vs PSABR. If you just take the stats adding it all up, it's "interesting".

What's interesting? Playstation fans tend to like Playstation exclusives. That's part of the reason they're Playstation fans in the first place.

There was a context.

Ever thought some people dont find Nintendo characters appealing for a brawler? I think SSB is fun but PSABR is fun in its own way. Its more frantic and deliberate action, I need the full game to see full out into a review, but the demo was a good start for a franchise that is different yet similar at the same time.